Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a picture, will it translate well to a tattoo?

Options
  • 13-10-2011 1:43pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone! Thinking more and more I want a Japanese style sleeve (not just manga) and I came across this pic today and I was wondering would it translate well as a tattoo, I want in on my arm (from shoulder down to forearm, whole bicep and tricep area). And I know "recommend an artist threads" are frowned upon here but suggestions of artists who could pull this off would be appreciated also links to similar work by said artists? I just want it done right, thats all. So fire away with good artists who can do awesome black and white work?

Pic included, (I want the whole pic or as much of it as possible, including the chequered floor and skulls in the background)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Only thing I suggest is to have a look at portfolios and check for similar work. I'd do a reverse image search on that (check out tineye) to see if anyone has gotten close to it. I'd even look for foreign artists that would be able to match it. No point going for something local just because it suits. (I'm referring to a certain Polish artist that I missed out on. Think his name was Wojt. He's absolutely amazing, for his style.)

Actually scratch that tineye came back with nothing, but a google image search (when I dragged the image to the search bar) came up with this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

How would one go about checking portfolios? Cost is not an issue and I'll travel anywhere in Ireland to get the right artist to do it. Trawling through facebook tattoo artists now, tedious.

FearDark wrote: »
    How would one go about checking portfolios? Cost is not an issue and I'll travel anywhere in Ireland to get the right artist to do it. Trawling through facebook tattoo artists now, tedious.

That's how you do it. :p

Although I wasn't talking about getting it in Ireland. :pac: Was just saying if you needed to go abroad, I'd do it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

chin_grin wrote: »
    Although I wasn't talking about getting it in Ireland. :pac: Was just saying if you needed to go abroad, I'd do it.

I've seen so much awesome work on the "show me yours" thread I'd safely say theres enough talent around to do it! Havn't seen similar work on that thread though, looking for examples now...

FearDark wrote: »
    I've seen so much awesome work on the "show me yours" thread I'd safely say theres enough talent around to do it! Havn't seen similar work on that thread though, looking for examples now...

Well once you find someone you're comfortable with then it's up to yourself. Be sure to post the final piece though! I'd love to see what it'd look like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

Dead Master.... Love it :)

I'd suggest heading to the tattoo convention in November and see if anyone there catches your eye to do it.

You can check the artist list before hand to get an idea too

Advertisement