Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports: perm-banned gambling

• 13-10-2011 1:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭

i was giving tips horseracing,and wrote a quoate from a guy i follow,then got banned by moderator.funny thing is the moderator posted a link for the BANNING OFFENCE TELLING EVERY 1 IN THE FOURM THIS BANNING WEBSITE????:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭GMROCKS

x pyro the reason you gave me was.Hi GMROCKS,

You have been banned from Gambling for the following duration:

Permanent

for the following reason:

Stealing copyrighted material and posting it as your own.

this website u are refering to is aFREE TO VIEW SITE AND IF YOU LOOK CLOSE ENOUGH THERE IS NO MENTION OF COPYRIGHTING.

YOU ARE WRONG.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Hi Gmrocks

I will look into this for you

it will probably be tomorrow before I get back to you as xPyro is a night owl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

GMROCKS wrote: »
    i was giving tips horseracing,and wrote a quoate from a guy i follow,then got banned by moderator.funny thing is the moderator posted a link for the BANNING OFFENCE TELLING EVERY 1 IN THE FOURM THIS BANNING WEBSITE????:confused:

It is common for Mods to post when someone is banned as it serves as a warning to others as to what is not acceptable on the forum
    GMROCKS wrote: »
    x pyro the reason you gave me was.Hi GMROCKS,

You have been banned from Gambling for the following duration:

Permanent

for the following reason:

Stealing copyrighted material and posting it as your own.

this website u are refering to is aFREE TO VIEW SITE AND IF YOU LOOK CLOSE ENOUGH THERE IS NO MENTION OF COPYRIGHTING.

YOU ARE WRONG.:mad:

OK so having had a read of the thread and reviewed the forum charter I would have to say that in principle I agree with the ban, we try to encourage people to give their own opinions and post in depth write ups based on their own research

Have a read of some of the threads in the Challenges and Logs forum and you will see some of the detail that people go into and we should all aspire too, copying and pasting someone elses write ups is lazy and a bit dishonest as it requires no effort and knowledge to do

However in this case and with the gracious agreement of x pyro I am going to lift your ban because apart from mentioning about legal issues the charter doesn't explicitly say that this type of posting is frowned upon

But please don't take this as a green light to continue copying and posting write ups, the charter is going to be updated to make it a perma-bannable offence and you have been warned now so if you do it again the next ban will stick

Thanks
    Rec

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

Closing. Marked as Resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement