Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Routine around creche

Options
  • 13-10-2011 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

Im back in to work in 7 weeks :(:( and my daughter is starting creche then.

We've only started her on solids about 3 weeks ago and Im trying to figure where to drop a feed while also bringing her bedtime forward etc.

Im just wondering (and Im guessing we'll really figure it out when it happens) but what are others routines around the creche - for eg do you give a bottle before you leave or give breakfast also? What meal do they need when you get back etc. Hoping to have her there for 7.30 in the morning and pick her up at 5.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I would just go with the flow.
    That is a really early start.
    I gave mine a bottle before creche and she got breakfast there,snack on the way home and maybe a bottle when she was very small and when she was bigger a liga and a drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

My guy is 9 months and has been in creche since 5.5 months. He has a bottle in the morning before we leave and then in creche his routine is:

8.30 - wheetabix

10.00 - bottle + nap

12.30 - dinner

2.30 bottle + nap

4.30 - fruit

He gets finger food in the evening at home while we are eating and then a bottle and bed by 8.

In my creche they don't have set nap times for babies (toddlers sleep 12-2), they just put them down when they seem tired. My guy is stubborn and gives out if he's playing and they put him in the cot - the result is he falls asleep in the middle of the floor!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Our fella gets a bottle before he goes (gives us time to get ready ;) ) and has his breakfast in creche. You should get a daily report from the creche, so you should get an idea of how they do things. I always used to time his naps around the times he has them in creche, and it works a treat.

Advertisement