Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with visa application. what is my degree as listed?????

Options
  • 13-10-2011 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

as above im filling in my online visa application form for australia its the working holiday visa.

i am doin a level 7 bachelor of science in sustainable electrical and control technology and unsure which of choices in the drop down menu i am to pick?

would it be degree course or college degree?

also i am a qualified electrician so will i put that my occupation will be an electrician / renewable energy engineer as i will have done my degree and want to pursue work in that field?

also i am unsure if to choose construction or electricity,gas and water supply as the industrty i intend to work in??

thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭ellaq

I am not sure they really care that much what you select for a WHV.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭hogan86

so it doesnt matter that much? do they take it all into account when granting visa? do want to put down any wrong info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Pick the closest one. It matters not.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭ellaq

What I mean is that you can select whatever you think most closely matches your situation. I don't think whatever you select would have any other flow-on effect later on, you don't have to work in the same field as you have chosen on your WHV application.

ah right no problem.just for my own knowing.

what is the difference from the list that i choose between degree course and college degree ?

the options to choose from are as follows:
    -higher degree course
    -degree course
    -diploma course
    -technical or training certificate
    -college degree
    -senior high school certificate
    -junior high school certificate

do they go in order? this is my course:
    http://www.itb.ie/studyatitb/bn039.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Your occupation doesn't matter unless you are working in Healthcare and or with children.

They don't care what degree you have

Also have a read of here - it will help you out with further questions http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73021962#post73021962

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Apart from the Healthcare & children (which only determines wether you need medical/X-Ray)

I think its purely statistical information they are asking, you don't need a degree to pick grapes or berries. It's not as if you are migrating or anything.

They probably only wanting information for future marketing.

thanks for all the help.visa application was done online earlier today so fingers crossed i get back some good news but as im a diabetic i put that down on the form so i may need a medical.touch wood i dont.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Level 7 is a Degree course, level 8 is higher degree
    Pick the closest job is fine.

It doesn't matter oen bit in relation to your WHV.
    It may be looked at if you later apply for a 457 or PR. But even then if it was close it was ok. Somebody who put down Baker, later applying for a 457 as a butcher might raise a flag, but if its remotely close its fine imo.

Advertisement