Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dell Inspiron Duo

• 13-10-2011 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

I'm sorta contemplating getting a new laptop and stumbled across this. I was wondering how come a tablet/notebook combo like this hasn't become more popular? Is there no niche for a tablet with the same capabilities as a notebook or do people just enjoy having multiple gadgets too much? As nice as the Ipad etc. is, you still need a normal laptop/computer for anything more than light browsing/typing etc and the memory capabilities are still pretty low to replace the computer at home?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I wouldn't touch it. If you need a netbook get a netbook. I'd imagine the duo would be pretty woeful as a tablet considering the hardware it's running off. That and it's as bulky as a netbook so I really can't see the point in it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

I was playing with one a couple of days ago.

It had Windows 8 installed. As a tablet it was quite bulky but for something that you would use as a tablet rarely then it would be quite good.

The touch screen was quite nice to use in laptop mode as well as the Metro UI really is suited to a touch screen.

One thing I did not like was that it appeared that the screen was plastic which did not feel right under my finger compared to my Xoom.

That being said I liked it but it depends on your needs.

Advertisement