Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notice required to inspect property

Options
  • 13-10-2011 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

hi all, i rang my landlady to remind her the gas boiler was due a service on 11/6 of this year, she flipped out saying a man had been out to fix it this year, but what he fixed was the emersion tank upstairs, and the boiler doesnt need servicing.
    anyway she then said she wanted to inspect the house, which is no problem, i told her to let me know when she would be calling as i would make sure i was here, she then told me i dont have to be here, that doesnt sound right to me surely i should be here... any heads up on this would be great thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Its your home. Short of water flooding out under the front door or such other emergency, she isn't allowed enter without your permission. The minimum normal notice would be 24 hours, with the tenant or their representative present.

If the boiler is meant to get annual maintenance, then it is meant to get annual maintenance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Does any gas boiler currently on the market (i.e., balanced flue) really need annual maintenance Victor?

Advertisement