Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for replacement glass for a vintage Rolex

• 13-10-2011 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi all,

I purchased a vintage Rolex watch (1926) for my wife last year and the glass was lost one evening - does anyone know of a repair shop that could help me find a replacement for it (doesn't have to be original rolex glass)

Any help much appreciated!!

Derek

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

derekjones wrote: »
    Hi all,

I purchased a vintage Rolex watch (1926) for my wife last year and the glass was lost one evening - does anyone know of a repair shop that could help me find a replacement for it (doesn't have to be original rolex glass)

Any help much appreciated!!

Derek

Hey Derek, your vest bet would be an original crystal for the watch. You could send it to rolex in the UK or there is a watch shop in the UK that comes highly recommended on another watch forum that looks after rolex (Ryte Time - Steven)

http://www.rytetimewatchrepairs.co.uk/

I wouldn't put any old after market crystal into it.

That's my humble opinion anyway. Im sure some of the other guys here will chime in on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 derekjones

Thanks for the advice Mitch - I'll look into that place in the UK,

D

Advertisement