Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International Calls

Options
  • 13-10-2011 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to the cheapest plan for making international calls and texts?

I am currently with 3 on their 40 a month iphone4 plan but there international rates are driving my bill sky high every month.

Skype is too unreliable with 3g so any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

You can use up to 50% of you units to call overseas on Billpay. Can you upgrade to the €60 per month with Three. You can add a freebie, if you add texts it frees up minutes(units) to ring overseas.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

From three http://www.gocall.ie/ is a good deal

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

You can use up to 50% of you units to call overseas on Billpay. Can you upgrade to the €60 per month with Three. You can add a freebie, if you add texts it frees up minutes(units) to ring overseas.

Huh? Where did you read that? From Three's T&C:
    You may use up to 50% of your Flexi-unit voice minutes to make voice calls to the United Kingdom from the Republic of Ireland

While the UK is technically overseas, I'm sure you were not referring to that, were you?

blaz wrote: »
    Huh? Where did you read that? From Three's T&C:

While the UK is technically overseas, I'm sure you were not referring to that, were you?

Yes, I was referring to UK. Overseas was a misnomer on my part:o. I'm presuming the OP is referring to there as well !

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

Yes, I was referring to UK. Overseas was a misnomer on my part:o. I'm presuming the OP is referring to there as well !

Well the op was asking about international calls, which is hardly only the UK, unless you define the UK as the whole world :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭nacimroc

I'm in the same situation, calling UK for work alot. Vodafone just released an add-on 60 international minutes - €12.99. BUT....... Its only 15c/min to call UK landlines.

http://www.vodafone.ie/planscosts/paymonthly/addons/#get-more

According to their site normal calls are 15c per min to UK landline and 30c/min to mobiles. So 9 quid for 60 mins versus the add-on of 13.

nacimroc wrote: »
    I'm in the same situation, calling UK for work alot. Vodafone just released an add-on 60 international minutes - €12.99. BUT....... Its only 15c/min to call UK landlines.

http://www.vodafone.ie/planscosts/paymonthly/addons/#get-more

According to their site normal calls are 15c per min to UK landline and 30c/min to mobiles. So 9 quid for 60 mins versus the add-on of 13.

But if you make up your own plan on the Voda website, there is an option to make the calls or texts International for an extra €1.50 each per month, which makes it cheaper still. However, no network can match Three's prices. The big "if" on these forums is reception quality. Never been a problem for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

Three includes UK calls in your allowance, I believe it can be no more than 50% of your allowance. But for any where else I have Skype out number, and 8.95 monthly plan includes landline calls in most countries and mobiles in the US and a few more places. I find it great as the call quality is great as its a phone call to you Skype out number and not a data connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

No because it may expire on 31/10/2011:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

No because it may expire on 31/10/2011:p

I would imagine they would lose a lot of customers if they suddenly bumped up the call rates. You can get a free sim so what is there to loose?

Trevor451 wrote: »
    I would imagine they would lose a lot of customers if they suddenly bumped up the call rates. You can get a free sim so what is there to loose?

Yea, I'd be betting they'll extend it. Would'nt look good with their new billpay tarriffs just launched.:)

Advertisement