Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA/ORIGIN

Options
  • 13-10-2011 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

After the debacle that was the early entry into the bf3 beta

Most of the irish people who had pre ordered the game never got a code.

Today i recieved a free game code from EA/ORIGIN for the inconvenience..rather nice id say,so check your mail boxes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

GHOST MGG2 wrote: »
    After the debacle that was the early entry into the bf3 beta

Most of the irish people who had pre ordered the game never got a code.

Today i recieved a free game code from EA/ORIGIN for the inconvenience..rather nice id say,so check your mail boxes.

What game did you get?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I got this email too.
    I had a nightmare getting my early access code for the BF3 beta so this is some form of decent gesture atleast, im just wondering if there is a value limit?

Dear Origin Customer,

Two weeks ago, we understand you had an experience with the Origin service that may have left you disappointed. We are deeply sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you, and would like to offer you something to make amends.

Here is your code to redeem a free game* off the Origin store:

XXXXXXXXXXXXX :D

We want you to have an awesome experience with Origin, and rest assured that we are working hard to provide only the best for you.

Happy gaming!
    The Origin Team

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Order BF3 for your son Cully :D

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭GHOST MGG2

I bought MOH as i was bored:-).apparently you can buy any game except pre orders and new games just released within 10 days..

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

WTF! I didn't get such an email! DAMN IT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Cancelled my preorder 47hrs into the 'early beta' after still not receiving a code.
    Guess I won't be getting this free game code? Typical :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

Dcully wrote: »
    I got this email too.
    I had a nightmare getting my early access code for the BF3 beta so this is some form of decent gesture atleast, im just wondering if there is a value limit?

Dear Origin Customer,

Two weeks ago, we understand you had an experience with the Origin service that may have left you disappointed. We are deeply sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you, and would like to offer you something to make amends.

Here is your code to redeem a free game* off the Origin store:

XXXXXXXXXXXXX :D

We want you to have an awesome experience with Origin, and rest assured that we are working hard to provide only the best for you.

Happy gaming!
    The Origin Team

any game?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Can someone explain to me why a physical copy of BF3 costs 30 quid and yet origin is still charging 50?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

VinLieger wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me why a physical copy of BF3 costs 30 quid and yet origin is still charging 50?

Because it's easy to do so when there's no Steam to compete with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Spear wrote: »
    Because it's easy to do so when there's no Steam to compete with.

Where it would have been €50 too, as is almost every 3rd party AAA game......how does that logic work :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

ive found that most pc games are now usually cheaper than digital distributers.

greed seems to have gotten the better of them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Where it would have been €50 too, as is almost every 3rd party AAA game......how does that logic work :confused:

It doesn't, there's no justification for charging €50 on either Steam or Origin. But with Steam out of the picture, they'll still overcharge for it but without a middleman like Valve getting a cut. There's no logic, just greed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Anyone else seen this:

I cancelled my BF3 Limited Edition pre-order during the beta early access debacle. Sure enough the game was removed from my list of games on Origin.

I logged in today and was surprised to see the game is no back in my list of games.
    Free game ye think???

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

damn no code for me... still have my pre order and didnt get any beta code :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Anyone else seen this:

I cancelled my BF3 Limited Edition pre-order during the beta early access debacle. Sure enough the game was removed from my list of games on Origin.

I logged in today and was surprised to see the game is no back in my list of games.
    Free game ye think???

Same thing happened to me, contacted customer support and he said he's fixed it... was still there 2 days later but gone now. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I want to pick up bf3 as cheap as possible even if it means waiting a few days. Gamestop.ie have it for €29.97 should I order online or will the price be the same in stores?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

tuxy wrote: »
    I want to pick up bf3 as cheap as possible even if it means waiting a few days. Gamestop.ie have it for €29.97 should I order online or will the price be the same in stores?

It's normally cheaper online.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Game in LV saying 35 for BF3 for PC and 35 for Limited editon on pc :confused:

Tough one tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Game in LV saying 35 for BF3 for PC and 35 for Limited editon on pc :confused:

Tough one tbh

The Limited Edition is just a term for the first print run of the game with some extra unlocks, kind of a bonus for the early adopters. No massive Special Edition boxes of swag, night vision goggles or anything :D

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    The Limited Edition is just a term for the first print run of the game with some extra unlocks, kind of a bonus for the early adopters. No massive Special Edition boxes of swag, night vision goggles or anything :D

Its the physical edition they have

• Advertisement

Its the physical edition they have

doesnt matter, its all the same physical or through origin, the limited edition is simply the first batch of people to pre-order it and buy it

VinLieger wrote: »
    doesnt matter, its all the same physical or through origin, the limited edition is simply the first batch of people to pre-order it and buy it

No its the Physical Warfare edition (karkand) and the one without for the same price.

No its the Physical Warfare edition (karkand) and the one without for the same price.

ah thought you meant physical as in boxed copy

Advertisement