Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal band that are so extreme they become parodies of the genre they're playing in?

Options
  • 13-10-2011 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭

I just wanted to post this, I saw a video for the band Vomitory where this guy ends up in a facility of some description, panicking etc. Now basically throughout the course of the video he starts bleeding and vomiting, then the band start to bleed and vomit. As you can expect its extreme death metal but while I found it kinda gross it was funny in the respect that it was so OTT and expected that it was utterly ridiculous and stupid.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Will be looking forward to the amount of Black Metal on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭darconio

Nailz wrote: »
    Will be looking forward to the amount of Black Metal on this thread.

Not only BM, I find this quite ridiculous

...but it all began with this

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Excrementory Grindf*ckers. /thread. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

darconio wrote: »
    Not only BM, I find this quite ridiculous

Don't forget Plastic Power Metal Warriors biggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

If memory serves me correctly, the last time I heard the name Vamitory being used it was because they were after being blown off the stage (apparently. Couldn't tell you for sure, as I wasn't there) by Screamin' Deamon. Reading OP's post here just made me wonder what ever happened to Screamin' Deamon :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,564 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Looking at just the music, who can ignore good ol' death metal-to-the-max Mortician? Simple gory lyrics, ridiculously long intros and vocal 'lines' which consist mostly of what appears to be a single "Bleaurgh".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

^^^

lol wtf?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Extreme or beyond beyond extreme, seemed to me. those who seemingly tried to out-do the original thrash death grind of the eighties with their own black / death metal, wretched screaming or ogre like gurgling / grunts and a snare drum so beyond fast it had no impact just a whimsical patter? Strictly for adolescents, but then even at 14 I found it juvenile. lyrics entrenched specifially in satanism or gore; actually practicing satanism and devalidating the original play up to satan wind-up counter culture. Neither exists, those guys were bad as the Jesus freaks

but one things for sure the band Extreme were not particularly extreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,564 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

^^^

lol wtf?!

They do it live too! (this vid is recent - thought they'd given up the ghost long ago TBH).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

They do it live too! (this vid is recent - thought they'd given up the ghost long ago TBH).

I think that's the lowest death growl I've ever heard

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

It's still musical. Instrumental. at least it's not rave and anything that challenges those cabbages is fine by me.

I'm sure it serves a function but my sense of humour is a little off kilter right now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Looking at just the music, who can ignore good ol' death metal-to-the-max Mortician? Simple gory lyrics, ridiculously long intros and vocal 'lines' which consist mostly of what appears to be a single "Bleaurgh".

Ha good ole Mortician, they have a savage guitar sound but the "vocals" are complete bollox!!

When it comes to ridiculous metal videos its hard to beat Immortal, but at least they know they're not taking themselves too seriously and having a bit of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭viadah

Surely someone else has thought of Mortiis?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Mortician are awesome, one of my favourite Brutal Death Metal bands. Bit of a laugh but still worth it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

deathrider wrote: »
    If memory serves me correctly, the last time I heard the name Vamitory being used it was because they were after being blown off the stage (apparently. Couldn't tell you for sure, as I wasn't there) by Screamin' Deamon. Reading OP's post here just made me wonder what ever happened to Screamin' Deamon :confused:
    Still going I think, one or two of their members are in The Rotted too, who are about to put out a new album so I guess SD would have taken a bit of a back seat..

Advertisement