Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharpen Garden Shears

Options
  • 13-10-2011 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi my shears need sharpening, they are like butter knives at this stage, does anyone know of anywhere around the Dublin 13 area that might sharpen them?

thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Buy a flat file and DIY it.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

Broche07 wrote: »
    Hi my shears need sharpening, they are like butter knives at this stage, does anyone know of anywhere around the Dublin 13 area that might sharpen them?

thx

Not in Dublin 13 but there is a great little place in StonyBatter where I get all my garden tools sharpened, very reasonable too. I can't remember the actual name of the place but if your coming from the quays up through Stonybatter heading for the Nth Circular road up the top end of Manor St there is a pedestrian crossing outside a pub on a V junction, take the left fork onto Aughrim St and the next left onto Aughrim Lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

This is what I use on my mower.. nice and cheap and I would imagine it would work on any bladed instrument.. Fits on the end of a standard drill

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Multi-Sharp-1301-Rotary-Mower-Sharpener-/140528872783?pt=UK_Hand_Tools_Equipment&hash=item20b82c6d4f

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Theprogardener

Hi
    I use the services of Oliver Darington in Clontarf 0872594523, he can fix anything, is great value, as such can be a bit late with actually doing the job as he is always busy. My advice is phone him, call in 30 mins after arranged time, job should take about 10 mins.. ask him to do it there and then. will cost from €10-€20.
    I run a professional Grounds Maintenance Co. and use the services provided by Oliver. he is the best in Dublin by far, a bit scattered but a really nice guy.
    Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Can anyone recommend a place in Douglas or nearby to get garden shears sharpened?

• Advertisement
Advertisement