Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yorkie Chocolate Bar ..Smaller?

Options
  • 13-10-2011 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Folks
    I am a yorkie lover but went to get one yesterday and first off the shop assistant wanted to charge €1.09 when it was displayed as €1.05. Then later i noticed that it had reduced in size from 65g to 55g. Thought it might have been just that shop but then today noticed the same smaller bar in another shop. What a con.
    Does anyone agree
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,335 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The 55g size is the new one for girls

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭SugarCoat

same thing happened to the mars bar(62.5g to 58g) and cadbury's chocolate fingers(150g to 125g).The consumer show even did a report on it.

http://www.rte.ie/tv/theconsumershow/s2p4.html

the healthy part of me is glad i'm being made slightly less gluttonous

but the cheap b*****d in me wants to picket outside their HQ and send angry letters

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I won't be buying any more Yorkies in protest. Well, until I forget I'm protesting and really want a Yorkie.

I reckon they'll lose about 3 months worth of sales from me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

This has been going on for years. Remember when each Yorkie chunk had a single letter?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yorkie_%28chocolate_bar%29
    Yorkie was originally composed of seven chunks of chocolate, which was reduced in the 1990s to six with each chunk featuring one letter from the Yorkie name. At the same time, the packaging was changed from the original foil wrapping with paper surround to the current style, which projects at the ends giving it the appearance of being the same length as the original on the shelf. More recently, in an effort to further reduce cost, the number of chunks has been reduced to five, with "Yorkie" written in full on each chunk.

In 2002, Yorkie bars were 70 grammes. This had been reduced to 64.5 grammes by 2010, and was reduced further to 61 grammes in 2011 and then 55 grammes later that year. Yorkie King size bars have also reduced in size.

If you are worried about value then I dunno what you are at buying single bars in newsagents.

You get 5 yorkies for €2 in some 2 euro shops.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

You want capitalism? You got capitalism!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

53 grams now. I was like WTF as I hadn't had one in ages and it is wayyyy smaller.

Noticed as well hen the calories they displayed on the front were down from 367 or something to 277. I probably remember that wrong. Anyway it is like a minibar compared to the last yorkie I had. Probably the 64.5 gram ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭FIRE

A nice little bit of info here on the yorkie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yorkie_%28chocolate_bar%29

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Artylife

I just went and bought one to have with a nice cup of tea.. Imagine my surprise when I saw the sight of this pathetic little wee baby bar!... 70 grammes down to 55!... tis a terrible thing.... "I remember when those yokes used to be huge and you'd need two mugs of tea just to finish one!" ..I'll be saying to the grand-kids....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Bring back the paper and tinfoil wrappers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Just got a Yorkie 45g!! ****ing tiny now

Advertisement