Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband question

Options
  • 13-10-2011 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm currently living in south Dublin in between Blackrock and Monkstown and I am wondering what exactly are the steps I need to take to get Eircom broadband?

I live in a house that is split up into several flats, there is a phone line in my flat but I don't think it's active, at least I don't pay a monthly fee for it anyway.

Others in the house do have Eircom broadband already installed.

So I'm wondering what exactly I need to do to go about getting a broadband connection? Do I need to get the line checked or set up? Do I need to get a new connection tested? Or can I just sign up online and get the router shipped to me and set up the connection myself?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

draffodx wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm currently living in south Dublin in between Blackrock and Monkstown and I am wondering what exactly are the steps I need to take to get Eircom broadband?

I live in a house that is split up into several flats, there is a phone line in my flat but I don't think it's active, at least I don't pay a monthly fee for it anyway.

Others in the house do have Eircom broadband already installed.

So I'm wondering what exactly I need to do to go about getting a broadband connection? Do I need to get the line checked or set up? Do I need to get a new connection tested? Or can I just sign up online and get the router shipped to me and set up the connection myself?

Hi draffodx,

Thanks for posting on the eircom Forum on Boards.

The simpliest way to do this and avail of online savings is to sign up Online.
    Just follow this LINK

Click on : "I am not an eircom customer"
    and then on :"I don't have a phoneline"

A new phonline will be installed for free, or an existing phoneline will be 'Activated' if necessary.

In the latter case, the line will be live in 24Hrs and Broadband will be active in 5 working days.

If you need any help just let me know.

You can also contact Broadband Sales direct : 1800503303 freefone

'Good luck with everything, you'll love listening to eircom's new MusicHub if you're into classic sounds!!'

Kind regards,
    Ant

http://www.eircom.net/broadband/onlineoffers

Advertisement