Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

zerks wrote: »
    I spotted an ad on ITV for Tesco's toy sale,anybody know if it's on in Ireland too?

Yes . its been going on for a few days now. Got a few birthday presents at half price.

Half price Christmas shopping if you have a young one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I got Lets Rock and Learn Elmo http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sesame-Street-Lets-Rock-Learn/dp/B005DRB0KE/ref=sr_1_10?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1381877115&sr=1-10&keywords=elmo in Tesco in Cabra tonight for €16.99, it's currently on special offer on Amazon for £15.54. I didn't notice huge bargains in the toy section itself but they had selected toys beside the Christmas and Halloween items on the shelves at the back wall and they had good deals on those. Didn't note any other prices sorry, my Godson is an Elmo fan so that's an early Christmas present bought!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

zerks wrote: »
    I spotted an ad on ITV for Tesco's toy sale,anybody know if it's on in Ireland too?

Some good deals here Zerks - http://www.heatonsstores.com/categories/Toys/1707000000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Imperial leather shower gel is 66% extra free AND half price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

athtrasna wrote: »
    I got Lets Rock and Learn Elmo http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sesame-Street-Lets-Rock-Learn/dp/B005DRB0KE/ref=sr_1_10?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1381877115&sr=1-10&keywords=elmo in Tesco in Cabra tonight for €16.99, it's currently on special offer on Amazon for £15.54. I didn't notice huge bargains in the toy section itself but they had selected toys beside the Christmas and Halloween items on the shelves at the back wall and they had good deals on those. Didn't note any other prices sorry, my Godson is an Elmo fan so that's an early Christmas present bought!

It's €12.99 in Smyths Toys/Ken Blacks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

Picked up a 3 man tent in Cabra today reduced to €14, 2 man tents reduced to €11.75 (or there abouts!). They were on the toilet rolls aisle with some other bits. There were also some black messenger bags down to €3.50 which might make a stocking filler for a teen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Tesco pork ribs - chinese style are 75c 500gm
    thorntons premium box of chocolates red box are 1.99 handy for xmas
    be careful though the thorntons sweets could have a short date, ours had a date til march next year though
    pictures can be provided

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

[QUOTE=daytob;87077754]Tesco pork ribs - chinese style are 75c 500gm
    thorntons premium box of chocolates red box are 1.99 handy for xmas
    be careful though the thorntons sweets could have a short date, ours had a date til march next year though
    pictures can be provided[/QUOTE]

Don't expect to have a feed from the ribs, full of bones, just had 2 packs, still hungry but for €1.50 what do you expect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Got 4 cans Guinness for a fiver in Tesco tonight

Lot of stores doing similar offers. Supervalue are doing 3 cans of Miller for 5 euro which is one can less than the last time they ran it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

They are doing Kopparberg naked apple 4 for €5 as well and scrumpy jack €1 down from €1.69.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭CH3OH

IDShot_225x225.jpg

These are reduced in Tesco from €6 to €4.50. Tesco claimed they were on sale at €12 .:eek: I hope nobody bought them

But Tesco are a bit sloppy with their advertising
    The image and product details are from last years pack size which contained 50 bars and was 723 g

The tub has shrunk this year to 45 bars and weighs in at 653 g

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Speaking of watching out in Tesco, my local one had Matua Sauvignon Blanc advertised on special (yellow stickered) for €10 the other day. It's always €7.99 in Aldi.

I like me some NZ wine so buy it every so often there. It's just ok but a lot more affordable than the wines I really like!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Speaking of watching out in Tesco, my local one had Matua Sauvignon Blanc advertised on special (yellow stickered) for €10 the other day. It's always €7.99 in Aldi.

I like me some NZ wine so buy it every so often there. It's just ok but a lot more affordable than the wines I really like!

The exact same wine ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Did anyone see what is on offer this week for the crazy prices?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Tesco Ballybrack are not advertising any.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

i briefly saw comfort earlier but didnt look for anything else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

xXxkorixXx wrote: »
    i briefly saw comfort earlier but didnt look for anything else

Comfort concentrate 750ml. Was 2.69 now 1.25, but I didn't see the Crazy Price note with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 fulgencio

This weeks crazy prices are the cadburys tubs and another Halloween sweet tub. They have it on their Facebook

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

vicwatson wrote: »
    The exact same wine ?

Yep - the exact same wine. I was surprised because I thought all the wines in Aldi were made for them/cheapy ones not available elsewhere but I guess not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Not exactly a huge saving but tesco black pepper marinade is 89 cent currently in Longford branch.

The Cajun one is also available in Longford and it's availale for around the 70 mark in the discontinued stock section in Athlone branch.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 shazbaz 100

Castlebar today tesco everyday value rectangular sleeping bag reduced to 3 euro 8cent , lunar 2 man tent reduced to 14euro and had some other higher quality sleeping bags reduced from 35 euro to 9 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Only

Castlebar today tesco everyday value rectangular sleeping bag reduced to 3 euro 8cent , lunar 2 man tent reduced to 14euro and had some other higher quality sleeping bags reduced from 35 euro to 9 euro

Where in the store are they shazbaz?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

The small Tesco off the Square in Tralee has loads of 'Acrobrau Weisbier Dunkel' 500ml bottles for €1 from €2.99 in the fridge. Best before date of October 31st.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭Paulie Gualtieri

Only wrote: »

I'd say there on the left as you go in after the mobile phone isle , might have a look myself .

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Woodpecker1

about 8 of them in Naas. Very handy for next year or even for the outdoor smokers at house party's

ypra.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DermoMIO

CH3OH wrote: »
    http://img.tesco.ie/Groceries/pi/638/5034660519638/IDShot_225x225.jpg

These are reduced in Tesco from €6 to €4.50. Tesco claimed they were on sale at €12 .:eek: I hope nobody bought them

just went to try get myself this & the other tub in tesco camden st (dublin) both priced @ either €6.30 or €6 being advertised as half price, no sign of €4.50 price :mad:

hi they are at the top of the alcohol isle still have them was there today

I'd say there on the left as you go in after the mobile phone isle , might have a look myself .
    They are at the top of the alcohol isle mixed in with some reduced toys and a few red and black table lamps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭banchang

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    Would love to, lest they volley up.

I can't fault that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

about 8 of them in Naas. Very handy for next year or even for the outdoor smokers at house party's

ypra.jpg

Bought one of these in Balbriggan last week. Plenty left. Great price. Anyone know where to get cheap gas cylinders to match these? Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,518 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Rashers72 wrote: »
    Bought one of these in Balbriggan last week. Plenty left. Great price. Anyone know where to get cheap gas cylinders to match these? Thanks.
    Try Halfords or your local camping/outdoor shop.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭Paulie Gualtieri

They are at the top of the alcohol isle mixed in with some reduced toys and a few red and black table lamps

was looking all over for them , thought they sold out , weird place for them up near drink isle. ill have a look tomorrow , thanks .

Maybe if you asked someone in Tesco to check the stock on the computer you might get the gas as well. They stocked loads of it early on in the year. May also be reduced if it is tucked away in a cage out in the store.

was looking all over for them , thought they sold out , weird place for them up near drink isle. ill have a look tomorrow , thanks .
    No problem it is a weird place alright but its reduction shelfs you cant really miss it the lamps are on the top shelf with a few toys on the lower ones hope they still have what your looking for they were still there yesterday :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Ordered 6 bottles of this wine @ €3 for home delivery today.
    http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=255343382

Fingers crossed but could be mank anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Grawns wrote: »
    Ordered 6 bottles of this wine @ €3 for home delivery today.
    http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=255343382

Fingers crossed but could be mank anyway!

Not a Cab fan, but that is normally about 8.50 when it is on 'half price sale'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

Saying unavailable now, might pop into a store to check, thanks for heads up op.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

Tesco seem to have loads specials on wine at the minute. I got a bottle "The Pairing Collection" Salmon and Trout Sauvignon Blanc-Semillion for €5 yesterday (think it's normally around €12) and also JP Chenet Vin Blanc €5. Happy days :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Only

hi they are at the top of the alcohol isle still have them was there today

Looked today at lunchtime and they have lots of the lamps but tents are all gone and one sleeping bag left marked at just over €10 .. was thinking of picking up a tent but prob just as well as we don't really need one

Looked today at lunchtime and they have lots of the lamps but tents are all gone and one sleeping bag left marked at just over €10 .. was thinking of picking up a tent but prob just as well as we don't really need one

The Summer is not far away :D

We are in for a rough winter apparently. Those lights are perfect for power cuts and have a lovely heat of them as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Frozen turkeys 4kg €11.49 3Kg €8.49

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Tesco Ballybrack, South County Dublin, this evening.

Samsung Galaxy Y - Tesco Mobile - €39.99

iy8c.jpg

Not too shabby, there's worse phones..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭Fungums

Frozen turkeys 4kg €11.49 3Kg €8.49

where did you see this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Fungums wrote: »
    where did you see this?

Tesco Rush Co Dublin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Amalgam wrote: »
    Samsung Galaxy Y - Tesco Mobile - €39.99
    It's all stores and there's the Samsung Galaxy Pink
    you can buy it online too..y'know.. and get €20 off your first grocery order over €60

Castlebar tesco this evening technics 9 inch swivel portable dvd player with remote was 109 euro reduced to 28 euro only had two and i had one of them would make a great christmas pressie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Would the samsung galaxies be locked to tesco network? I'm guessing yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

Yawns wrote: »
    Would the samsung galaxies be locked to tesco network? I'm guessing yes.

Yeah but you can unlock most phones fairly easily or buy a code online for extra few quid if you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself. About €10 should get an unlocking code for most phones. Or you could ask on the android forum of boards, lots of helpful folk there to help/give advice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement