Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭thegift06

wil wrote: »
    Vivanco 3 way automatic HDMI switch priced at € 5.71 :)

rrp £40, £25 on Amazon.

Has 80cm output cable, manual switch button and 10 year warrranty

which store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭georgem25

Red & white stripe double oven glove in Tesco Coonagh for only 51c yesterday. Loads there and they are marked 51c this time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Full hams on the bone (approx 6kg weight) got reduced to €9.75 yesterday, down from €26. There were approx 30 odd left on an aisle end in Balbriggan at approx 5pm. Expiry dates are good; most are until 10th Jan.

If you're meal planning you buy now, cook today then portion into meal sized pieces & freeze the cooked meat. I'll get a minimum of 6 family dinners from it for a family of 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Eoineo wrote: »
    Full hams on the bone (approx 6kg weight) got reduced to €9.75 yesterday, down from €26. There were approx 30 odd left on an aisle end in Balbriggan at approx 5pm. Expiry dates are good; most are until 10th Jan.

If you're meal planning you buy now, cook today then portion into meal sized pieces & freeze the cooked meat. I'll get a minimum of 6 family dinners from it for a family of 5.

Oh, I think I'll head out to Tesco in the hope of getting a ham! The one I got for christmas was 4kg and didn't last very long at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Tesco Artane, yellow bottle's of Daz scanning for 1.05 instead of 5.50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭savemejebus

wil wrote: »
    Vivanco 3 way automatic HDMI switch priced at € 5.71 :)

rrp £40, £25 on Amazon.

Has 80cm output cable, manual switch button and 10 year warrranty

picked up what looks like the last of these in Nenagh, so it seems like it's on their system not just in one store.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭DrivingMad

Hi all & a happy new year to yous...
    Just back from Tesco in Killarney, Co. Kerry where we got a sat nav for €35.00! It was a Binatone T350. only had one on display, but when we asked, a new boxed one was brought out from the storeroom for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭battries not included

DrivingMad wrote: »
    Hi all & a happy new year to yous...
    Just back from Tesco in Killarney, Co. Kerry where we got a sat nav for €35.00! It was a Binatone T350. only had one on display, but when we asked, a new boxed one was brought out from the storeroom for us.

Was just about to buy one in my local Tesco, was not sure if it was worth it :/

will review it online now

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭maxim

Tesco in Killarney must have been busy today! Also bought a sat-nav, TomTom XL for €32, yoga mat for 11cent (yes the checkout lady did wonder if it was correct!!), 14 ballpoint pens for 14c, camping windbreaker for under €5, kids stationery set for the princely sum of 1cent, set of post-its for 26c. There were also several 'bits and bobs' on the end of one of the shelves. Happy hunting!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

thegift06 wrote: »
    which store
    sorry dont do foursquare. Midlands but not Nenagh so that confirms its a storewide price. If they have them then current price should be 5.71
    Check your hardware/electrical section.

Also found several 1.40 4 packs of rechargeables (unusally priced 1.40 on the shelf)so they are still to be found. Staff cleared them from the shelves once I purchased. Guess (most) people rarely look at the rechargeable batteries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Quaderno

maxim wrote: »
    Tesco in Killarney must have been busy today! Also bought a sat-nav, TomTom XL for €32 (...)

There even was one left about an hour ago, and I am proud to say I resisted :)

186912.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭love that turbo

picked up what looks like the last of these in Nenagh, so it seems like it's on their system not just in one store.

Just being in Bailieborugh and scanning at €28. Seems to not be nationwide. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Tesco clearwater (finglas) have a lot of xbox 360 and nintendo ds games for €10, good selection too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,481 ✭✭✭✭cson

The price of sat-navs is going to nose dive, Google Maps and Navigation Apps are hitting the hardware sales of TomTom's etc heavily apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭imfml

Half price Gillette Hydrating Shaving Gel & 2 for 6euro on large Sure Men deo, Tesco Artane, worth having a few in stock with those savings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Got one of these in Tesco Ballybeg for €2.96. There was a couple left earlier.

Identical to this one, but the colours are reversed. Apparently was £49.99 reduced to £16.94 on Amazon!
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Duracell-USB-Emergency-Power-Source/dp/B002YNU6CS/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1325616264&sr=8-14

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭brandonviewer

tesco mahon point last evening had a few tesco own brand dab radios scanning at €8.50. couldnt see a price on the shelf. all of the 51c oven gloves were gone as were the pyrex dishes. plenty of the four packs of xxx mints at 42c per pack. plenty of these also in paul st cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭CH3OH

These were marked on the shelf and scanned at 64 cent a pack in Tesco Arklow.
    Best before is Feb 2012
    IDShot_225x225.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

This is a strange one. I was standing by what my friends call Salmonella Corner, where all the groceries with today's best before date are "reduced for quick sale" when a member of Tesco staff came by with a a few dozen Salmon fillet packs. They were reduced to 1.05 each. I like Salmon and I've got a freezer, so I picked up three of them.

They had stickers on them saying three for seven euro/two for nine euro, but of course I assumed this wouldn't apply.

On my receipt, it says :

Salmon Fillets Reduced Price 1.05
    MULTIBUY SAVINGS
    2 for 7/3 for 9 - 3.57

I bought some other stuff, so neither I nor the checkout assistant noticed it at the time, but it seems that not only are Tesco giving these Salmon packs away, they were actually paying us to take them off their hands.

This is a strange one. I was standing by what my friends call Salmonella Corner, where all the groceries with today's best before date are "reduced for quick sale" when a member of Tesco staff came by with a a few dozen Salmon fillet packs. They were reduced to 1.05 each. I like Salmon and I've got a freezer, so I picked up three of them.

They had stickers on them saying three for seven euro/two for nine euro, but of course I assumed this wouldn't apply.

On my receipt it says :

MULTIBUY SAVINGS
    2 for 7/3 for 9 - 3.57

I bought some other stuff, so neither I nor the checkout assistant noticed it at the time, but it seems that not only are Tesco giving these Salmon packs away, they were actually paying us to take them off their hands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

AW08204-2302TPS335467.jpg

In Tesco Ballybeg, this knife set but in a more angular block. €12.85. They used to be over €40 ages ago. There was about 4 on the 'bargains' shelf facing the electrical right beside the baby dept. I bought them a few months ago in Carlow and they are brilliant.

double post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

I'd say you found the (salmonella) bug in their system:D

Edit - Oops - that would have made more sense without a block of knives in the way.

On my receipt it says :

MULTIBUY SAVINGS
    2 for 7/3 for 9 - 3.57

That happens every time the on promo stuff is reduced to clear, no way round it. Also works if you buy 2 reduced and 1 full price. ;)

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    That happens every time the on promo stuff is reduced to clear, no way round it. Also works if you buy 2 reduced and 1 full price. ;)

So you can actually make money doing this?

What if you buy nothing else but the promo stuff from Salmonella Corner? When it comes time to pay, do they really have to hand over the cash to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

cson wrote: »
    The price of sat-navs is going to nose dive, Google Maps and Navigation Apps are hitting the hardware sales of TomTom's etc heavily apparently.

Considering Nav4free is exactly that - free - on iPhone I can see why. I haven't used my actual SatNav in about a year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

technica digital stereo radio in clearwater for 16.57 was 55.99c. 1 left on shelf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Clearwater also have some MS wireless 300 mouse for €9.99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Considering Nav4free is exactly that - free - on iPhone I can see why. I haven't used my actual SatNav in about a year!

But the problem with this, is that while it is illegal to touch your iPhone while driving, it is not illegal to touch a SatNav...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭davemckenna25

Not illegal to touch your phone. Only illegal to hold it. So, would be the same if you were holding the sat-nav. If using the phone for a sat-nav, it would be in a holder. No probs. Great app.

• Advertisement

So you can actually make money doing this?

What if you buy nothing else but the promo stuff from Salmonella Corner? When it comes time to pay, do they really have to hand over the cash to you?

Not if the problem is detected at the check out. If you bought them with a big shop, it may not be picked up.

If you only bought the items above, your bill would be -€3.50 or whatever. This would raise it with the check outs as they cannot do refunds and the cashier would probably get you to pay in 2 transactions. Problem solved and you dont get the offer, you just pay €1.09 x 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭CH3OH

IDShot_225x225.jpg

KitKat Chunky 5 pack only €1 valid until 23/1/2012

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Mint Crisp 100g still 39c
    Tiffin 100g still 39c
    GoldenCrisp 230g still 66c

Saw the WholeNut 230g at €1.24 but no stock left.
    Managed to get the 51c oven glove, really good quality, should last years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

On my receipt it says :

MULTIBUY SAVINGS
    2 for 7/3 for 9 - 3.57

Same happened to me with some of the Christmas party stuff. The price of 3 didn't even meet the price of 1 and then they were reduced for a multibuy saving. I think the saving was the same as yours.

Never heard of Salmonella corner. Love that place but will have 2nd thoughts now. They also do a fruit n veg corner and I get loads of stuff there for juicing / freezing. There is also a little known area at the breads where they have reduced breads, pancakes, etc with short expiry dates.

Love Tescos for the myriad of varierty. Every little helps ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭concubar

tesco naas today,

Crayola set 32 supertips+sketchbook in platic wallet
    (decent size set bigger than a4 pack size )

on the shelf at 17.50 odd
    reduced to 8.50 ish ( cant remember exact )

scanned thru at 2.24 , girl on checkout even made a comment about how cheap they were.

The barcode on the pack is 071662550202
    BUT another barcode is stuck over that one,

The 2.24 barcode is 0071662087227

i went back and got 4 more:):),
    left 2 there ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Cadbury Wishes, 20c each in Tesco Athlone. Had about 100 left this evening, brought 5 myself. Scanned in at 40c, but just told the woman attending the self service and she adjusted it for me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭matchthis

concubar wrote: »
    tesco naas today,

Crayola set 32 supertips+sketchbook in platic wallet
    (decent size set bigger than a4 pack size )

on the shelf at 17.50 odd
    reduced to 8.50 ish ( cant remember exact )

scanned thru at 2.24 , girl on checkout even made a comment about how cheap they were.

The barcode on the pack is 071662550202
    BUT another barcode is stuck over that one,

The 2.24 barcode is 0071662087227

i went back and got 4 more:):),
    left 2 there ,

Naas extra or the old one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭brian_t

JBoyle4eva wrote: »
    Cadbury Wishes, 20c each in Tesco Athlone. Had about 100 left this evening, brought 5 myself. Scanned in at 40c, but just told the woman attending the self service and she adjusted it for me :)

If the shelf price was 20c then you should have gone to the Customer Service desk and been refunded Double the Difference.

You would have got them for nothing. :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭concubar

matchthis wrote: »
    Naas extra or the old one?

yep naas extra,

next isle to magazines isle ,

top shelf, near bottom end, (furthur from checkouts).

good look;)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Picked up a 3 way (Tesco Branded) HDMI switcher in Tesco Douglas for 3.97 today.
    Scanned at 24.95, but I told the assistant about the shelf price, she checked and I got it for 3.97.

I know about double the difference and all that but wasn't bothered as I was happy enough to get it that cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

brian_t wrote: »
    If the shelf price was 20c then you should have gone to the Customer Service desk and been refunded Double the Difference.

You would have got them for nothing. :):):)

If they're there in the morning, I will ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭brian_t

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Picked up a 3 way (Tesco Branded) HDMI switcher in Tesco Douglas for 3.97 today.
    Scanned at 24.95, but I told the assistant about the shelf price, she checked and I got it for 3.97.

I know about double the difference and all that but wasn't bothered as I was happy enough to get it that cheap.

The difference was €20.98.
    Double that is €41.96.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I can do sums - thanks :rolleyes:

Never heard of Salmonella corner. Love that place but will have 2nd thoughts now.

It's not like it's the official name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

mik_da_man wrote: »

I probably spent the difference driving around all the tescos in Dublin looking for this but no luck - if there is anymore in Douglas I'd happily pay you postage etc if you wanted to help out a fellow boardsie :D

Edit - Actually I wasn't looking for the tesco branded one - think I saw it in a couple of stores but shelve price was still 24.95 - may have to go back and look again ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

Becks vier 12x275ml €5.00
    713873ec.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Chriscl1 wrote: »
    Becks vier 12x275ml €5.00
    713873ec.jpg

what tesco was that in? wonder if it's in all of them? Also wonder how long more we have of these sorts of offers before the government intervenes with the minimum cost per unit of alcohol... hopefully it's deemed as anti competition by the EU!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭therewillbe

what tesco was that in? wonder if it's in all of them? Also wonder how long more we have of these sorts of offers before the government intervenes with the minimum cost per unit of alcohol... hopefully it's deemed as anti competition by the EU!

WTF! Cheaper than water. It is getting out of hand at this stage.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

Naas extra but I'd say it's all of them. Yeah that minimum price craic will ruin the bargains alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

WTF! Cheaper than water. It is getting out of hand at this stage.:mad:

I wouldn't get your knickers in a twist, it's 12 tiny 275ml bottles for €5, that works out at about 6 normal 500ml cans for €5. And at 4% alc, it's not even that great a deal!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement