Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 sponge bob no pants

So many people selling ipods on adverts for €50 and €60 each feckin scammers the lot of them, one guy has loads up for sale.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

So many people selling ipods on adverts for €50 and €60 each feckin scammers the lot of them, one guy has loads up for sale.
    Is he the one who's wife works in monaghan? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11 sponge bob no pants

No idea I reported him and set up an account on here to bitch about it, basterds buying up multiples to resell leaving none for the rest of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

Crazy. And the same people would be ripping Tesco apart for a customer assistant for getting one to listen to on the way to work. Or being to busy to drop everything for a non retuning customer who only has profit in mind.

The lot should have been donated to charity IMO .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

No iPods left in Jervis! Was 2 there at 1pm but my sister bought one and whilst she was there another woman bought the last one. Just to save people a trip!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

No iPods left in Jervis! Was 2 there at 1pm but my sister bought one and whilst she was there another woman bought the last one. Just to save people a trip!

Thanks, I was planning to go there in the evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Just back from Tesco Maynooth, no 6th gen ipod but was able to pick up 2 16gb 7th gen ones (both purple) for myself and the missus. 50 quid each, first sticker said 125 and the 50 one was over it, delighted very handy for both of us.

They had no more (just to save people the trip)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Thanks folks, I've gotten a good laugh out of the thread over the last few days between stories of staff stashing stuff away for themselves and customers buying everything available - personally I understand neither mentality but there you go!

I managed to get all of a Black Eyed Peas Xbox game for €1 for the OH's nephews who clearly know nothing about music……..

I got more satisfaction out of that clip than my trip to Tesco!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Was in Mahon earlier and I didn't see anything of note there, I didn't ask about the ipods. I thought that I was in luck when I came across the Denby set that was mentioned on Shane's list (for €5) but when I scanned it, it was €48 :( There was loads of xbox and PS3 football games for €1 and a few modern warfares for €5. I got some Sesame Street and Disneyland on xbox for €1 each. Could see any of the other games on the list. Items that I had seen reduced on HUKD were not reduced here.

I think deals are getting harder to get from as more people (and staff) are on the lookout for them now:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭holly8

RayCon wrote: »
    Anybody spot any 8gb Ipod Nano's today ? ... Maynooth / Celbridge - no joy.

3 in Galway...now 2, I'm taking the graphite one! The.2 left, a pink one and a blue one. In front of tou when you come in the door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

don't think it was mentioned ..

Tesco in Distillery Rd Wexford have several of the 8 gig (pink & silver) & a few 16GB (pink only)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

Anyone Sony DAB Ipod docks in Cork?

was just in wilton and they had a sony ipod dock (black box) still marked at 100e, not sure if thats the one your after?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

sarah88 wrote: »
    was just in wilton and they had a sony ipod dock (black box) still marked at 100e, not sure if thats the one your after?

It might scan as 25€ though, worth checking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

don't think it was mentioned ..

Tesco in Distillery Rd Wexford have several of the 8 gig (pink & silver) & a few 16GB (pink only)

How much are them?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Kinikie

lindtee wrote: »
    Was in Mahon earlier and I didn't see anything of note there, I didn't ask about the ipods. I thought that I was in luck when I came across the Denby set that was mentioned on Shane's list (for €5) but when I scanned it, it was €48 :( There was loads of xbox and PS3 football games for €1 and a few modern warfares for €5. I got some Sesame Street and Disneyland on xbox for €1 each. Could see any of the other games on the list. Items that I had seen reduced on HUKD were not reduced here.

I think deals are getting harder to get from as more people (and staff) are on the lookout for them now:(

Also the sale has been on for nearly a month now...amazing that people are still finding bargains, in most places they would have been out of the stuff one or two days into it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

No idea I reported him and set up an account on here to bitch about it, basterds buying up multiples to resell leaving none for the rest of us.

I think I know who you are on about but today he had the wife out picking through the bargains and hiding them at customer service desk. Also one girl who works there said there was 15 Toshiba 19in TVs came in yesterday but the staff snapped them all up. 2 in another store near here but the manager got them.
    To keep on topic-there was loads of the PS3 and X-Box games left with a lot of printer ink but not much else in Monaghan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭shnaek

sarah88 wrote: »
    Same in Paul St.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭mac1961

Got a gear4 StreetParty portable speaker for iPhone/iPod €6.50 in tesco ballybeg. Ideal for bedside to charge phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

karlyk1 wrote: »
    Can you tell me where in Clearwater? Was there last night, couldn't see them at all... mostly just baskets of crap left, tbh :(

Locked glass display cabinet in the middle of the floor before the TV section. Two 6th Gen, one 7th left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Any ipods in Drogheda?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

athtrasna wrote: »
    Locked glass display cabinet in the middle of the floor before the TV section. Two 6th Gen, one 7th left

When did you last see them? I mean what time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,880 ✭✭✭RayCon

Just back from Clearwater Tesco .. two 7th Gen Nano iPods (€50) and three 6th Gen Nano iPods (€25) left in the display cabinet at of 6.45pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

vicwatson wrote: »
    How much are them?

7th Gen Nano iPods (€50)

6th Gen Nano iPods (€25)

RayCon wrote: »
    Just back from Clearwater Tesco .. two 7th Gen Nano iPods (€50) and three 6th Gen Nano iPods (€25) left in the display cabinet at of 6.45pm

I was there around the same time...were you the guy buying one of each?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭uli84

My bfr just got me last 7th gen one in Clearwater. he says no 6th gen there anymore, i still can't believe I looked everywhere yesterday but not at those glass cabinets:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,880 ✭✭✭RayCon

I was there around the same time...were you the guy buying one of each?

Nah, wasn't me ... I got two 6th Gen's

Fair play to Clearwater for limiting the ipods to 2 per person max, I bought two 6th generation in total, two trips, one for me last night and one for one of the girls in work who asked if I'd try tonight to see if any were left. Both times I was there the other people around did try to buy more than two but the staff member wouldn't let them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭Soarer

Are all the 6th gen iPods reduced to €25, or is it only certain colours?

Soarer wrote: »
    Are all the 6th gen iPods reduced to €25, or is it only certain colours?

Pink, Blue and Grey have all been mentioned on here

Pink, Blue and Grey have all been mentioned on here

Ah ok.

Spotted a silver one locally earlier, and the girl at customer service said it was scanning at €50. Didn't know whether to believe her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭CH3OH

a few items to keep an eye out for!

I picked up a pair of Sennheiser PX100 II headphones for €12 in Arklow today. Only saw the pair I bought

sennheiser-px-100-ii-610x350.jpeg

There were also a few new cameras out on display
    Samsung ST200F. They were 2 priced at €50. had to resist ....
    Has built in WiFi
    51zV4zAyEkL._SX385_.jpg
    There were 2 8gb graphite ipod nano on the top shelf on left as you enter store. more than likely gone

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

CH3OH wrote: »
    I picked up a pair of Sennheiser PX100 II headphones for €12 in Arklow today. Only saw the pair I bought

I have these a year or so, great piece of kit, fold lovely for travelling...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

very little of interest in Nutgrove, Rathfarnham or Rathm1nes,
    ps2 games, some dvd players and assorted junk, even the staff weren't interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

holly8 wrote: »
    3 in Galway...now 2, I'm taking the graphite one! The.2 left, a pink one and a blue one. In front of tou when you come in the door.

Hi, did you see any set top boxes there, the ones priced at €5 and €10?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

Checked out the Claremorris branch again today and the result was as I expected, a waste of time and petrol. I couldn't find anything on Shane's list. I spoke to some staff who were very nice and the feedback I received from them is that the bargains don't find their way to the West. As for their 'sale' items, a basket inside the entrance contained a few items that I'd describe as tat. Apart from the nice staff, I had a very disappointing bargain-hunting visit to Tesco Claremorris today, as is usual.
    Oranmore branch is no better and not much can be said for the Galway Headford Road branch either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I went to Tesco TempleBar and was able to get 8 packs of AAA batteries for 50c each. I bought 4 packs, but they were a good few left. The kids toys will be running smoothly for a few months!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    I went to Tesco TempleBar and was able to get 8 packs of AAA batteries for 50c each. I bought 4 packs, but they were a good few left. The kids toys will be running smoothly for a few months!

What brand/code are the batteries please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

kendragon wrote: »
    What brand/code are the batteries please?

Duracell. Don't know the code, but it is right next the self service tills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Duracell. Don't know the code, but it is right next the self service tills.

Anyone got the barcode of the cheap duracells? Please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭swervring

Anyone see any decent stock in Dundrum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

got a few batteries there and a couple of Kindle cases (belkin zip ones) to hold stuff of mine for 1 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

swingking wrote: »
    got a few batteries there and a couple of Kindle cases (belkin zip ones) to hold stuff of mine for 1 euro

Were they turquoise? Was wondering if my bargain alerts nook would fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭jem

bagels wrote: »
    Checked out the Claremorris branch again today and the result was as I expected, a waste of time and petrol. I couldn't find anything on Shane's list. I spoke to some staff who were very nice and the feedback I received from them is that the bargains don't find their way to the West. As for their 'sale' items, a basket inside the entrance contained a few items that I'd describe as tat. Apart from the nice staff, I had a very disappointing bargain-hunting visit to Tesco Claremorris today, as is usual.
    Oranmore branch is no better and not much can be said for the Galway Headford Road branch either.

Seems to be the same in Roscrea co tipp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,084 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

were they marked down or did you have to be in the know?

also were they normal ones or re-chargeable ones?

i got a few packs of AA, but would like to get my hands on some AAA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭uli84

stevieob wrote: »

i got a few packs of AA, but would like to get my hands on some AAA

Where did you get AAs? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

cabra has DVD players for 50

1 x Pure One Classic Series II left in Mahon Point reduced to €15.
    This one.

On the shelves on the right as you walk in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,084 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

uli84 wrote: »
    Where did you get AAs? Thanks

Clearwater, they weren't marked, just in the normal battery section, so scanned a few and found the discounted ones that way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

stevieob wrote: »
    Clearwater, they weren't marked, just in the normal battery section, so scanned a few and found the discounted ones that way

you still got the barcode of them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Found some Brother P-Touch 1000 labellers down to €5 each in the Tesco Four seasons store in the Crescent SC Limerick. Tons of stock. Also picked up disney kinect adventures for €1 and an 8gb sandisk usb drive down to €3. That might have been the last usb drive though. I couldnt see more of those.

Checked the main store for the discounted batteries but all the ones I scanned were full price. Could really have done which type of packaging the discounted ones had.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement