Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭mac1961

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    Anyone got the barcode of the cheap duracells? Please

5000394004948 duracell ultra power AAA the packet is marked 4 + 2 free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

lindtee wrote: »
    There was loads of xbox and PS3 football games for €1 and a few modern warfares for €5.

These were also in Longford Tesco yesterday. They had tons of copies of Modern Warfare 2 and "the football games" (I can't remember what one either), brand new and sealed.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ILoveBargains

mac1961 wrote: »
    5000394004948 duracell ultra power AAA the packet is marked 4 + 2 free

These are the ones that were on offer for €1 a couple of weeks ago. There's a picture of an athlete on the packet.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

These are the ones that were on offer for €1 a couple of weeks ago. There's a picture of an athlete on the packet.

Good luck finding them........ :(

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭mac1961

Good luck finding them........ :(

Bought them yesterday in tesco ardkeen, there were about 10 packets

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

€1000 - Joe's commission = €347.43

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭p225886

Was in Temple Bar express about 1 p.m. still 3 or 4 packets left.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭galldar

Soarer wrote: »
    1 x Pure One Classic Series II left in Mahon Point reduced to €15.
    This one.

On the shelves on the right as you walk in.

Scanning as €90 in Clearwater.

Clearwater have four 16GB iPods (orange and pink) and eleven 8GB iPods (pink, blue and one graphite) in the display case now.

Lots of call of duty 2, gta lib city stories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭Soarer

How much are the 16gb ones?

• Advertisement

How much are the 16gb ones?

€50

galldar wrote: »
    €50

Wish they had them locally. :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

PS3 versions?

PS3 versions?

Xbox

Wish they had them locally. :(

PM sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Clearwater have four 16GB iPods (orange and pink) and eleven 8GB iPods (pink, blue and one graphite) in the display case now.

Sorry for my ignorance here, but what model of iPods are these? Nanos?touch etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Nano 16gb 7th gen and 8gb 6th gen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

If anyone can get a 16gb ipod in silver/graphite/blue or even orange I will happily pay via PayPal and pay postage. Or if you are around clearwater/clarehall/ drogheda or Balbriggan I can collect. Need one for a birthday present for a guy and only 8gb pink ones in my local store.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭1daisy1

As per tatli_lokma I will happily pay via paypal for either the 16gb or 8gb - none in the local stores.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

I would gladly buy 1 if they had them in local stores, longford / athlone, if somebody bought 2 and has one spare I will gladly take it off there hands. €€€

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭davehey79

spongbob wrote: »
    I would gladly buy 1 if they had them in local stores, longford / athlone, if somebody bought 2 and has one spare I will gladly take it off there hands. €€€

Ditto on buyin one in Longford if they had them ! Or indeed if they had anything ! Has to be in the top 10 worst stores for having any bargain alert items

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

Heads up, none of the iPods left in Galway as of today at around 3pm. A man bought 5 Nano's just after myself and my friend bought one each. Sensational value in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Anyone got a picture of the Sony Ipod dock, or the barcode off it please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭campo

Went to Crescent today in Limerick , no Ipod nanos

did get a 16gb USB flash drive for 10e and Disney kinect game for 1e oh and a Iphone car charger for 12e

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

Anyone got a picture of the Sony Ipod dock, or the barcode off it please.

Barcode - 4905524668506

Receipt says XDRDS12IP DOCK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭bargainbucket

Just got the last sony ipod dock in navan it was hiding in be hind the other sonys so if it was yours I'm sorry 😊😊

Ashbourne have some Epsom printers at around €30 and a few Xbox games ata euro if it's any use to anyone. Wouldn't go out of your way to make a trip though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

stevieob wrote: »
    were they marked down or did you have to be in the know?

also were they normal ones or re-chargeable ones?

i got a few packs of AA, but would like to get my hands on some AAA

They were in a basket type thing that said reduced to clear. I remembered seeing them on here for 50c, there were no sign on them they were so cheap, so I checked one on the till, then got 4 packs! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Was in Stillorgan tonight when an assistant came out with a trolley half full of stuff.
    Hung around to see what was coming out.
    One 32" TV reduced to €249 (no remote), couple of printers (Epson & HP) which lasted all of 5 mins before they were bought.
    Epson 202 €18, HP were €20 & €30, don't remember the model numbers.
    Not a lot else apart from 1 item which the assistant looked at, brought over to the till, put it below the desk and checked her phone to get a number which she then rang on the shop phone.
    She brought the phone into an office beside the desk and closed over the door
    so no one could hear what she was saying.
    My guess is something came out that she thought one of her friends would like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Was in Stillorgan tonight when an assistant came out with a trolley half full of stuff.
    Hung around to see what was coming out.
    One 32" TV reduced to €249 (no remote), couple of printers (Epson & HP) which lasted all of 5 mins before they were bought.
    Epson 202 €18, HP were €20 & €30, don't remember the model numbers.
    Not a lot else apart from 1 item which the assistant looked at, brought over to the till, put it below the desk and checked her phone to get a number which she then rang on the shop phone.
    She brought the phone into an office beside the desk and closed over the door
    so no one could hear what she was saying.
    My guess is something came out that she thought one of her friends would like.
    Your post was going great till the conspiracy theory and ease dropping at the end at the end:rolleyes:
    Really. who cares what she was at..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

jwcurtin wrote: »
    Heads up, none of the iPods left in Galway as of today at around 3pm. A man bought 5 Nano's just after myself and my friend bought one each. Sensational value in fairness.

Looks like Clearwater's fairness policy of maximum two per person is a store limit rather than a Tesco limit then.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

brokenarms wrote: »
    Your post was going great till the conspiracy theory and ease dropping at the end at the end:rolleyes:
    Really. who cares what she was at..
    What's "ease dropping"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

Lissavane wrote: »
    What's "ease dropping"?

A spelling mistake Lisssa. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

brokenarms wrote: »
    A spelling mistake Lisssa. :rolleyes:

Quick call the Grammar Nazis:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Tremezzo13

Hi,
    Does anyone know if there are any left anywhere in Dublin. I's love one, preferably 7th gen but would settle for either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

There was a single pink 6th gen 8gb in Clearwater this evening at about 7.30pm - centre glass cabinet, down by the stairs going up to the cafe. We picked up the last two blue ones, and an acer laptop for €125 inspire laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Tremezzo13

Many thanks,
    I will try there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭uli84

Tremezzo13 wrote: »
    Many thanks,
    I will try there

Let us know if anything there, my sister wants 1 now too. If not I might just give her mine and continue using my old one.

uli84 wrote: »
    Let us know if anything there, my sister wants 1 now too. If not I might just give her mine and continue using my old one.

All cleared out. I asked guy in tech desk too, no more.

Morning all.

For Cork Boardies, Douglas and Mahon Point are selling off the display models of the cheap tvs. Got myself 2 x Samsung LE32EH4000 sets. They're scanning at €50. Douglas sold at €50, but the manager in Mahon Point* gave it to me for €40 'cause it was display! Neither came with a remote or stand.

Also got a wall bracket in Douglas. Didn't see them around, but the guy I was dealing with recommended it to me. Tesco own brand, large, tilt and swivel, 22"-46", up to 45kg, vesa up to 400x400. Princely sum of €3.50!
    So a 32" tv and wall bracket for €53.50 all in!

* - Chris. Scottish chap. Absolute top man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Do they have anything bigger than 32" Soarer? I am doubtful that they'd still be there anyway at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Your post was going great till the conspiracy theory and ease dropping at the end at the end
    Really. who cares what she was at.

That's the 2nd time, I've seen the staff taking stuff for themselves and/or their friends and I'm not the only person.
    It's been said before and will be said again, why should staff (or their friends) get the bargains?
    Without customers, the staff wouldn't have jobs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

That's the 2nd time, I've seen the staff taking stuff for themselves and/or their friends and I'm not the only person.
    It's been said before and will be said again, why should staff (or their friends) get the bargains?

Staff can be customers too you know. Why should they not be able to buy the product that are for sale in the shop .

lindtee wrote: »
    Do they have anything bigger than 32" Soarer? I am doubtful that they'd still be there anyway at this stage.

Don't think so Linda.

There was a 40" in Douglas that I wanted to buy last week from display (scanning at €100), but they wouldn't sell. Went over yesterday, and one of the staff members had put their name on it. Missed it by less than 5 minutes!:mad:
    There was a Sony CX520 scanning at €100 on display in Mahon. Find Chris and you might get it for €80.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭campo

Lets call a spade a spade you are just a bit bitter that staff are getting these deals before you, they can be customers too you know, their 100e is just as good as anyones.

I see it as a perk they get and fair play to them, if I worked for Tesco I be grabbing all these bargains 1st too just like you would or anybody else on this forum for that matter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭uli84

long shot but if anyone in Dublin got one too many ipods please please let me know (feel so stupid that having 4 siblings I only got 1 ipod :rolleyes:

Just on the staff purchasing item - Tesco staff are not allowed purchase any item whilst on duty, they are not even allowed to carry a Club Card on the shop floor.

This I know from having overheard a fairly heated discussion between a customer and a manager in Ashbourne a few weeks ago.

That said, we all know it happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Don't think so Linda.

There was a 40" in Douglas that I wanted to buy last week from display (scanning at €100), but they wouldn't sell. Went over yesterday, and one of the staff members had put their name on it. Missed it by less than 5 minutes!:mad:
    There was a Sony CX520 scanning at €100 on display in Mahon. Find Chris and you might get it for €80.

Thanks. Might have a quick look out in Mahon later but I'm not hopeful at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭bren2001

campo wrote: »
    Lets call a spade a spade you are just a bit bitter that staff are getting these deals before you, they can be customers too you know, their 100e is just as good as anyones.

I see it as a perk they get and fair play to them, if I would for Tesco I be grabbing all these bargains 1st too just like you would or anybody else on this forum for that matter

Nobody has an issue with staff being allowed to purchase items. What everybody has an issue with is staff holding onto items for 2-3 days for staff who are not in that day. This gives non tesco staff no chance and is unfair.

IMO Tesco should either offer the sale items to their staff first or not allow their staff to purchase items. Personally, I would go with the later as there is nothing stopping Tesco staff getting friends and family to buy on their behalf and it promotes tesco.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

bren2001 wrote: »
    Nobody has an issue with staff being allowed to purchase items. What everybody has an issue with is staff holding onto items for 2-3 days for staff who are not in that day. This gives non tesco staff no chance and is unfair.

Read the post campo was replying to!
    This is the key line:
    "It's been said before and will be said again, why should staff (or their friends) get the bargains?"

In any case, utter nonsense of a complaint, boo-f'in-hoo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement