Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

I replaced no end of brand name kettles one after the other (often with a brand name kettle only lasting a few weeks) for one reason or another .e.g leaking or element overheated etc
    Then I said to myself feck it I may as well get a sub 9 euro kettle from Tesco and if it breaks Ill have money saved from turning down the brand kettle anyway. Its working hard and looks good 2 years later.

Service people will tell you - buy a plastic kettle the metal ones expand and contract like crazy and all leak eventually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭lukaszd2007

Still I would use metal ones to avoid this:
    http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103726

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Still I would use metal ones to avoid this:

David Icke… seriously?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭lukaszd2007

Well more then about him I care about no BPA in my kids diet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭gerrykiddy

That link should be placed under Entertainment!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

You people are treading on dangerous ground mocking David Icke, you know, of course, he is the son of God? Fiery eternity awaits you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiyrHZCksDM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

For what its worth to anyone i picked up the newest ipod nano 16gb in pink in Douglas today for €50, other colours scanned at €169.

its this one:

l_15557200.jpg

its €149.99 in curry's, €169.99 on the apple.ie store.....

more info on it here: Apple website

Edit: tried Tesco Wilton on way home they have no stock of ipods.

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

To the person who removed the 8GB USB Drive in Ballybrack from the wrapping, I wish you well in the future.
    Hardly worth going to court for €1.50 though :eek:.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Yeah that 120% bit was bizarre, I assume it's a typo of 20%? and don't worry, I wasn't having a go - though my phrasing was poor - I just happened to read that article a couple of days ago and thought it was more than fitting.

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/laptops/news/seagate-hard-drives-are-the-least-reliable-says-backblaze-474340
    The particular model that BackBlaze calculated to have such an unbelievable failure rate was the Seagate Barracuda Green (ST1500DL003). The figure exceeds 100 percent because not only did these drives fail, but the ones they were replaced with under warranty did too.
    :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

To the person who removed the 8GB USB Drive in Ballybrack from the wrapping, I wish you well in the future.
    Hardly worth going to court for €1.50 though :eek:.

To your average ocd clepto taking this would be like ten hits of heroin. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭roxybargains

Was in Tesco Carlow earlier and picked up the following:

Wreck it Ralph Blu Ray - €2
    Game of Thrones Season 2 Blu Ray-€2
    Kirby Epic Yarn Wii Game -€2
    Babyliss proNano hair straightener-€2.37
    New Oz movie Blu Ray-€2

They put out 1 breville toaster and kettle but wasn't quick enough to grab 'em.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Any bargains in Wexford or Gorey,last time I was in Wexford it was like the contents of a bad stall at a market had been tipped into baskets on the shop floor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

"The Seagate Barracuda Green 1.5TB drive, though, has not been doing well. We got them from Seagate as warranty replacements for the older drives, and these new drives are dropping like flies. Their average age shows 0.8 years, but since these are warranty replacements, we believe that they are refurbished drives that were returned by other customers and erased, so they already had some usage when we got them."

Also they previously said that 'green' drives just aren't suitable for backblaze.

"These drives are designed to be energy-efficient, and spin down aggressively when not in use. In the Backblaze environment, they spin down frequently, and then spin right back up. We think that this causes a lot of wear on the drive."

So they, refurbished drives that are totally unsuitable for the task they've given them.

Again not defending seagate they're ****e but the figures are totally out of context.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Valentine1

I went back for more and amongst other things got True Grit on DVD for 50c:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42 copea2

Tesco clarehall had 8 cans of coke and coke zero for €2.74 - works out about 34c per can

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Teresa kirkham

I hid a sat nav in tesco Clonmel . It's only 20 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

cyberspi wrote: »
    im considering a rd trip to nenagh, about 90 min away, anyone know if there are any iPods left?

I didn't see any in there around 9pm tonight, very little of anything left but i will have a word with one of the lads and see is there any left, PM me tomorrow to remind me to get back to you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

1 Philips Blu Ray player and lots of ink left in Monaghan,,,,

PS...What ever happened to "no off topic"? I got an infraction first time I did it last year and thought I got rough treatment....lol....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭CH3OH

I hid a sat nav in tesco Clonmel . It's only 20 euro

Are you going to give out clues as to location?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭prancer

Is it the 16g for €50 or the 8g for €25 that they have?

Either way, I would be forever grateful if any boardsie in Nenagh would pick me up one and I will paypal you the money and postage. Provided they're not all pink/lavender! Looking for a 'masculine' colour!!

will check tomorrow, have an insider instore!

Sorry , it's behind the picture frames

Hurry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

prancer wrote: »
    will check tomorrow, have an insider instore!

Thanks prancer! If you have any luck PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭CrazyChick18

Ice age 50c
    Muppets Movie €1
    Diary of a wippy kid €1
    Titanic 50c

Monkey usb key 8gb €1

a4 envelopes 25pk 50c bought 4

Sony blue dvd player down from 100 to 25

all got today in tesco coonagh

Got downton abbey 2 nd series for 3 euro also a psp sat nav device for 1 euro in Clonmel

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Nothing in Clarehall or Omni Park tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

To your average ocd clepto taking this would be like ten hits of heroin. ;)

That username! :pac:

Has anyone been near Crescent SC for any of these iPods? 16gb would suit as the reduced 8gb I picked up a year and a half ago (2 and a half years ago?) is very limiting size-wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Ice age 50c
    Muppets Movie €1
    Diary of a wippy kid €1
    Titanic 50c

Monkey usb key 8gb €1

a4 envelopes 25pk 50c bought 4

Sony blue dvd player down from 100 to 25

all got today in tesco coonagh

spot any cheap sat navs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭RayCon

Game of Thrones Season 2 Blu Ray-€2

Just finished season 1 last night (Im late to the GOT party) ... perfect timing to grab season 2 for €2 ...

was it yellow stickered or does the actual bluray barcode scan at €2 ? (reason I ask is because it might be store specific - thanks )

It was yellow stickered. There were two copies just sitting in the basket. They werent on the shelves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

RayCon wrote: »
    Just finished season 1 last night (Im late to the GOT party) ... perfect timing to grab season 2 for €2 ...

was it yellow stickered or does the actual bluray barcode scan at €2 ? (reason I ask is because it might be store specific - thanks )
    I got it last week it scans at €5 for normal barcode, still ridiculously cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭RayCon

^^^^
    Thanks both of you ... I'll go on a scouting mission of my local Tesco's later :)

Sat nav 20 euro in Clonmel behind picture frame

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭uli84

Any cheap slow cookers (Breville apparently) in or around Dublin? Thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 876 ✭✭✭laros

Not Tesco I know but Argos have a 3.5Ltr one for €14.99 in stock all around the country...:)

http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=422%2F8709

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mcg1987

headed to greystones for a quik run today so will drop in and see what's about...knowing my luck probably nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭mac1961

Got Avatar blu-ray for 50c also ipad mini smart cover(blue) for 1.90 in Ardkeen, Ben 10 Galactic racing for DS, nothing much else I could see, all this stuff has to be gone by tomorrow so if your buying something ask is there are any further reductions, there was a Navman satnav in ballybeg last night was marked at €45 but I would guess you could get it for a lot cheaper if you ask.

Just back from Portlaoise got the following:

Avengers Blu Ray - €2.50
    Boardwalk Empire 1St season Blu Ray-2.50
    Ben10 Wii - €2.50
    Also got about 12 DVDs for €1 each
    Angry Birds in Space 2 game - €2.50
    Angry birds millennium falcon game-€5
    Breville toaster-€9.16

Down the back of the store where tvs are the staff were pricing the dvds and blu rays down. The staff were going down and taking all the good stuff for themselves as usual. One particular staff member was stock piling various movies behind the electrical counter. There were 10 avenger assemble blu rays in a box i got one the staff member took 8 and 1was put into the bargain bin....typical.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

The differences in pricing for each store is odd. As in waterford, Avengers on blue ray was €1 for example, and they had about 20 copies of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

uli84 wrote: »

Saw a few in Tesco Dundrum €19.99
    laros wrote: »
    Not Tesco I know but Argos have a 3.5Ltr one for €14.99 in stock all around the country...:)

http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=422%2F8709

This one's far better value

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Just back from Portlaoise got the following:

Avengers Blu Ray - €2.50
    Boardwalk Empire 1St season Blu Ray-2.50

Don't suppose anyone has seen these anywhere else? I'd love either at those prices!

Just back from Ashbourne store - Boardwalk Empire Season 2 is on the shelf at €5, two copies - it's a regular white shelf sticker/label and not the yellow reduced stickers in case anyone is looking. I was tempted but I have it already so leaving behind for other boardsies (hopefully!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭uli84

juke wrote: »
    Saw a few in Tesco Dundrum €19.99

This one's far better value

Thanks, apparently there are some going for 9€, if I don't find I'll get Argos one, seems good for the price.

Tinie wrote: »
    The differences in pricing for each store is odd. As in waterford, Avengers on blue ray was €1 for example, and they had about 20 copies of it.

Which store ?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Picked up some good ones in coonagh, limerick
    • 4 gb monkey flash drive €2
    • Microsoft Wired Keyboard and Mouse set - €1
    • Halo Mega Blocks Set - €1
    • 2 pack of small command hooks - €0.44
    • Lego Star Wars DVD - €0.25

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Plextor Portable USB 2.0 4X Bluray writer €20
    Tesco Maynooth
    Two in the basket (the third basket in- the one with all the Christmas decorations).

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭CrazyChick18

dunworth1 wrote: »
    spot any cheap sat navs?

No sorry not in coonagh anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Got a hdmi auto switcher for a euro, which I was very pleased with, couple of Ben 10 figures for 50c, angry birds star wars soft toy for 10c, hair bobbin ball thing 10c, mini Batman figure 10c, Lego mini figure 33c for some reason. Nothing great but kids liked the rooting around to find stuff. Tesco Carlow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

Was in Tesco Rathfarnham earlier and no DVD's at the sale prices mentioned on these pages. typical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

Got a hdmi auto switcher for a euro, which I was very pleased with, couple of Ben 10 figures for 50c, angry birds star wars soft toy for 10c, hair bobbin ball thing 10c, mini Batman figure 10c, Lego mini figure 33c for some reason. Nothing great but kids liked the rooting around to find stuff. Tesco Carlow.

Where about in the store ? Can never find anything reduced when I'm in it. Were they marked down or did you check price at scanner?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

jay0109 wrote: »
    Was in Tesco Rathfarnham earlier and no DVD's at the sale prices mentioned on these pages. typical

Jay, just wondering if you scanned them? Don't take the price displayed on the shelf as the price! Staff are either too busy, forgetful, lazy or maybe even haven't been told what the prices are supposed to be and to change the stickers. No harm in checking!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement