Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Woodpecker1

retalivity wrote: »
    Was in tesco navan rd earlier, also no beer.
    And a lot of the home ware or appliances have yet to be marked down. Only thing with a sticker was a blender

The reductions seem to be on homeware items such as cooking utensils and soft furnishings from what I see.

However there is a stainless steel slow cooker in there for 20 euro .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I just can't wait to read this thread when someone finds an iron for €0.01....:rolleyes:;):D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Can we ever just quit this for once for and for all. Its annoying as hell- they're not bargains that are readily available to everyone- they are products that staff forgot to remove from the floor. Now can we please move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I just can't wait to read this thread when someone finds an iron for €0.01....:rolleyes:;):D

Exhibit A:
    Can we ever just quit this for once for and for all. Its annoying as hell- they're not bargains that are readily available to everyone- they are products that staff forgot to remove from the floor. Now can we please move on.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Tesco in Clarehall are selling bottles of Lakeshore Sweet Chilli & Garlic marinade for €1. They're not yellow-stickered, although I know in the past these bottles have been in and around the €3 mark. I have a funny feeling they might be being discontinued as I've been finding it hard to find the Lakeshore Hickory BBQ marinade in Tesco for a while.

Anyway, it's on the aisle with the sauces and condiments and there were about 30 bottles there last night.

It looks like this:
    0c02417a-e2af-4533-bd02-5e800318d1de.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Vojera wrote: »
    Tesco in Clarehall are selling bottles of Lakeshore Sweet Chilli & Garlic marinade for €1. They're not yellow-stickered, although I know in the past these bottles have been in and around the €3 mark. I have a funny feeling they might be being discontinued as I've been finding it hard to find the Lakeshore Hickory BBQ marinade in Tesco for a while.

Anyway, it's on the aisle with the sauces and condiments and there were about 30 bottles there last night.

It looks like this:
    0c02417a-e2af-4533-bd02-5e800318d1de.jpg

Same ln Bray, they have the sweet chili and the hickory in stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Deranged cat food if you can get your hands on it !

62087643 Sheba Pouch Fine Flake Fish Selection Pack 85Gx12 €4.49
    71166714 Whiskas Pouch Tasty Textures Bite N Chew Chicken 85Gx12 €2.79
    71180835 Whiskas Pouch Tasty Textures Bite N Chew Fish 85Gx12 €2.79
    71180962 Whiskas Pouch Tasty Textures Bite N Chew Meat 85Gx12 €2.79

Random
    74154679 Hula Houps Smokey Bacon 7x25G €0.60c
    71955927 Maggi So Juicy GAR&ROSEMARY CHICKEN 36G €0.24

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Delighted we're past the 1c nonsense...

Does anyone know what time the staff usually put stuff up on the Clearance shelf? I've found amazing deals there before (Innocent pots at 30c, nice bread at 15c!) I don't know if it's a set time or they just throw it up when they feel like it (Portlaoise Tesco here)

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Johnny Drama_11

Does anyone know if Tesco are having a beer and cider festival anytime soon?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Does anyone know if Tesco are having a beer and cider festival anytime soon?
    Why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭rosieirl

Cydoniac wrote: »

Does anyone know what time the staff usually put stuff up on the Clearance shelf? I've found amazing deals there before (Innocent pots at 30c, nice bread at 15c!) I don't know if it's a set time or they just throw it up when they feel like it (Portlaoise Tesco here)

It depends on several factors. My local (express) has said 7pm for final reductions, but prices can come down during the day and sticker over sticker over sticker can give you 90% off ! But that's only if they've really overstocked so expect less of a saving. Sun-Tues are the best bargain days as people shop less (so more fresh food wastage).
    My local huge Tesco has adopted a policy of taking the best-before-today stuff off the shelf, marking them down at a 'safe distance'/back room before unloading all the stock and running away! I had seen a misfortunate a few months ago do the pricing at the clearance area, and the 'vultures' literally circled the carcass. I love a bargain, but I couldn't take the pressure! The undercurrents of hostility as one vulture ventured closer to the shelf ahead of the others before the misfortune moved away...**shudder**

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭Marhay70

msg11 wrote: »

I wouldn't fancy trying to lay hands on a deranged cat, the sane ones are bad enough. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

The clearance section is normally stocked during the night/first thing in the morning. The bread tho is normally reduced at about 6pm tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Johnny Drama_11

snubbleste wrote: »
    Why?

They normally reduce the prices of some of their beers and ciders when it is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭karlyk1

msg11 wrote: »

I have a mad dog... wonder is there anything for him?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭brandonviewer

dogtoffee wrote: »
    Are these cans I can't find offer in any store
    yes they are cans. there was a good 2 dozen slabs at the end of the beer aisle on the left hand side. there was also a good stash of miller slabs half way down on the right hand side. have'nt been in the store since the original posting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Volvic 1.5 litre is still 50c great price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

karlyk1 wrote: »
    I have a mad dog... wonder is there anything for him?

56104817 BAKERS COMPLETE DOG FOOD RABBIT DUCK&VEG 2.7K €4.92
    66901129 BAKERS HEALTHY HEARTS MEAT 125G €1.30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

rosieirl wrote: »
    The undercurrents of hostility as one vulture ventured closer to the shelf ahead of the others before the misfortune moved away...**shudder**
    lol, definitely gotten that a few times when the shelf is loaded, passive aggressiveness at its finest ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

OU812 wrote: »
    This should shake up the market & be good for the consumer (even short term. Be interesting to see what Dunnes come back with (of course they might withdraw them fully for some time)

pV14CFg.jpg

I took this from the coupons section on boards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Steven81 wrote: »
    I took this from the coupons section on boards

Dublin only whats with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭laros

Dublin only whats with that

I've also seen this in Portlaoise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭ablelocks

uli84 wrote: »
    Ooh excited, i need a slow cooker :)

Breville slow cooker marked 24.99 scanning at 6.85 - crescent, limerick. About 4 on shelf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

Got lovely kids single quilt covers today in tesco coonagh limerick. Monster ones for 7.50. Kids girls pyjamas reduced to 3 euro they were hello kitty. Lots of reductions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭uli84

ablelocks wrote: »
    Breville slow cooker marked 24.99 scanning at 6.85 - crescent, limerick. About 4 on shelf.

Oooh, too far but will check Dublin;) thanks!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 JessieM

I had my eye on some kids Christmas card making kits in the January sales waiting to see if they went down to a few cent, but although on the clearance shelf they had a white SEL for several euro, so I left it. With gift tags, paper etc for a few cent I thought they'd reduce these too.

A set turned up yesterday on the regular clearance shelf yellow stickered for 1.20. Too much at this stage for Christmas stock!

I threw it in with my shop and asked the checkout assistant to see what it scanned at. She said it came up as '1.20 Price too high'.
    I told her I was thinking it might be a lot cheaper than 1.20 so she asked a colleague.
    They came back and said they had no price for it so they couldn't sell it!
    Bet it scanned at 1c ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mjv2ydratu679c

ablelocks wrote: »

What size was it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭leck

What size was it?
    Saw tag up for this in Claremorris, but they had none on the shelf. It's Breville model VTP212. Stainless steel, 3L capacity.

http://www.tesco.com/direct/breville-vtp212-slow-cooker-stainless-steel/111-4645.prd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mjv2ydratu679c

leck wrote: »
    Saw tag up for this in Claremorris, but they had none on the shelf. It's Breville model VTP212. Stainless steel, 3L capacity.

http://www.tesco.com/direct/breville-vtp212-slow-cooker-stainless-steel/111-4645.prd

Thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

got one in douglas this am. they were hidden on top shelf. one left this am. had my eye on one of these for a while. thanks op. If anyone sees a cordless drill reduced could they let me know. thanks. thats the next purchase on my list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭tazdogue

physioman wrote: »
    got one in douglas this am. they were hidden on top shelf. one left this am. had my eye on one of these for a while. thanks op. If anyone sees a cordless drill reduced could they let me know. thanks. thats the next purchase on my list

Got the last one this evening, cheers OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Interrobang

tazdogue wrote: »
    Got the last one this evening, cheers OP.

Aw, crap :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Found Nivea Men's Q10 Skin Energy Double Action Balm 100ml €1.96 in Tesco Stillorgan today.

Normally anything from €6.33 to €9.49

http://shop.nivea.co.uk/men-s-care/after-shave-balm/skin-energy-q10-double-action-balm-100ml.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

Finish dishwasher tablets All in one 56 pack for 4.74 euro in Tesco.

Saw it on hotukdeals in UK they are 2 pounds as boxed finish is discontinued and reduced everywhere (so it should be nationwide).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

This in silver €3.50, should be in the plastic section of all tescos.

spin_prod_718412401?hei=315&wid=315&op_sharpen=1&resMode=sharp&op_usm=0.9,0.5,0,0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭CH3OH

198321 wrote: »
    Finish dishwasher tablets All in one 56 pack for 4.74 euro in Tesco.

Saw it on hotukdeals in UK they are 2 pounds as boxed finish is discontinued and reduced everywhere (so it should be nationwide).

I scanned the 56 pack- €20

The 52 pack was scanning at €4.74

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭uli84

leck wrote: »
    Saw tag up for this in Claremorris, but they had none on the shelf. It's Breville model VTP212. Stainless steel, 3L [/url]

None in finglas it seems, anyone seen them in dublin? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

wmpdd3 wrote: »

spin_prod_718412401?hei=315&wid=315&op_sharpen=1&resMode=sharp&op_usm=0.9,0.5,0,0

Brilliant, have a few pink ones to store kids toys in so will pick up another two on Monday for the rest of the stuff they've accumulated over Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭mac1961

uli84 wrote: »
    None in finglas it seems, anyone seen them in dublin? Thanks
    Its up on there website tesco.ie €6.85, save €5.00 was €24.99 now €19.99, but price carried across to basket is €6.85 valid till 19/3/14

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭My Makeup Perspective

mac1961 wrote: »
    Its up on there website tesco.ie €6.85, save €5.00 was €24.99 now €19.99, but price carried across to basket is €6.85 valid till 19/3/14

Link????????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭mac1961

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 322 ✭✭jpb14

wmpdd3 wrote: »

Lots of them in green and grey in tesco drogheda last month for 1 euro.42 litre capacity well handy for the clothes washing or a spot of diy or gardening.

jpb14 wrote: »
    Lots of them in green and grey in tesco drogheda last month for 1 euro.42 litre capacity well handy for the clothes washing or a spot of diy or gardening.
    I'd like one of those for laundry. What aisle would they be found in?

mac1961 wrote: »
    Link brings me to Breville Slow Cooker. Is there a link for the basket?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭roxybargains

Tesco Portlaoise, Pampers active fit are 2 for 14.99 but when u scan and finish and pay at the self service it charges only 4 euro, that's 2 euro a pack! Approx 60 in a pack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

CH3OH wrote: »
    I scanned the 56 pack- €20

The 52 pack was scanning at €4.74

Having several different pack sizes(48, 50, 52, 56) for the same product smacks of pricing special offers scam to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭javagal

Tesco Portlaoise, Pampers active fit are 2 for 14.99 but when u scan and finish and pay at the self service it charges only 4 euro, that's 2 euro a pack! Approx 60 in a pack

Went to get this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,084 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

What size nappies are these?

How many in a pack?

Barcode?

stevieob wrote: »

How many in a pack?

Barcode?[/quote

It was all sizes in the pamper actifit. Its purple packaging. They range from 56 to 60 depending on size.

• Advertisement

stevieob wrote: »

How many in a pack?

Barcode?[/quote

It was all sizes in the pamper actifit. Its purple packaging. They range from 56 to 60 depending on size.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement