Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

et101 wrote: »
    Aaargh, was looking for reduced crackers in Clearwater, like you for next year, but none. Will have a look again today. Cabra Tesco my closest but it is useless for bargains!!

Don't bother nothing there, couple of chocolate deals but not much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

32L folding storage crates €3.55 each

SS12211-9783TPS1315497.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭holly8

32L folding storage crates €3.55 each

SS12211-9783TPS1315497.jpg
    these NEVER last, I would never buy one again for any price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭brian_t

et101 wrote: »
    Aaargh, was looking for reduced crackers in Clearwater, like you for next year, but none. Will have a look again today. Cabra Tesco my closest but it is useless for bargains!!

Lots in Maynooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 kazmad

barbie fahionistas dolls 7e, were 25e before xmas. sorry dont no how to post picture so heres link
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9366910/Trail/searchtext%3EFASHIONISTA.htm

head swopping barbie fashionistas were 18e now 5e
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Barbie-Fashionistas-Swappin-Styles-Glam/dp/B0043WAOKM/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1326740951&sr=8-5

barbie set from the new movie "a perfect christmas" was 70e now 30e
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Barbie-Perfect-Christmas-Dolls-Musical/dp/B004RADTR0/ref=sr_1_1?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1326741036&sr=1-1

Hello Kitty keyboards 6.50e
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hello-Kitty-Childrens-Electronic-Keyboard/dp/B0069OXT5E/ref=sr_1_3?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1326741071&sr=1-3

Disney princess role play wigs down to 3.25e. 9.99 each in smyths
    http://www.toys.ie/Disney-Princess-Wigs-!106885-prd.aspx?qwSessionID=f1dce626-a84b-4b36-9fb8-221b08268dcb

Delighted to get all these with my twins 4th birthday coming up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭podge018

tin of Cadbury's biscuits, €3 in Tesco Fleet St. Reduced from €12.

007.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭lesnol

The Cadburys biscuits are also €3 in Dundrum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

brian_t wrote: »
    Lots in Maynooth.

Never been to the Tesco in Maynooth, are there lots of the bargins mentioned here still on offer.
    I will be in Leixlip tomorrow is it worth my while visiting the biggest store in the country.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭battries not included

Tesco Maynooth is a lovely store, always clean & well stocked*

*except for booze due to the university :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

podge018 wrote: »
    tin of Cadbury's biscuits, €3 in Tesco Fleet St. Reduced from €12.

007.JPG

V good for 3 euro but were never 12. i bought them just before Christmas for 5.99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

nudger wrote: »
    Never been to the Tesco in Maynooth, are there lots of the bargins mentioned here still on offer.
    I will be in Leixlip tomorrow is it worth my while visiting the biggest store in the country.:)

Naas is the biggest.

To answer your question... no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

Tesco Maynooth is a lovely store, always clean & well stocked*

i have never found any electronics bargains in maynooth. may be i was in the store at a wrong time. only thing i have seen is few soft toys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Just from a visit to the cheap tescos in clarehall.

this was what I bought.

and what I ended up paying, including the toblerone.

:D

* only the coins and santas are for me, the rest for my brother

sweets8a0gg.jpgproofo5v1m.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭brian_t

daytob wrote: »
    Just from a visit to the cheap tescos in clarehall.
    this was what I bought.

Looling at your picture it struck me that everything seems to have an individual price sticker. I didn't think they did that anymore. Maybe it's just their bargains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,481 ✭✭✭✭cson

Very un-tesco like receipt there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

brian_t wrote: »
    Looling at your picture it struck me that everything seems to have an individual price sticker. I didn't think they did that anymore. Maybe it's just their bargains.

Its not the usual tesco, its a clearance section across from the usual store. Notice even the different receipt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

its like a samonella corner store! :eek:

there are say 8 rows of shelves that have different items on them. I havent seen them anywhere else though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

There's a tesco bargains in athlone too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Irishchick wrote: »
    There's a tesco bargains in athlone too

An actual shop? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I'm trying to be healthy this week but daytob's picture makes me want to go to Tesco on the way home from college tomorrow evening:( *Must resist* Damn Tesco for always having some cheap chocolate any time I go:mad:
    Wish there was a Tesco bargains store in Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Samich wrote: »
    An actual shop? :eek:

A separate shop unit just outside the main shop, yes.

*Tesco own the whole shopping centre, so easy to just move into an unused unit - and it is right next to the main store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Tesco discount store in athlone has the stuff they cleared in other stores except at twice the price sometimes its even still on the shelves nextdoor for the cheaper price. Don''t know why they dont just clear all the non perishable clearance stuff like this it seems to be a model that works you wouldn't believe the bags of crap people leave with :eek: its like they left they're brain at the door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Sugar Free Redbull can 250ml in Tesco Parnell Street for €.99, price in the fridge is marked €1.49 on the shelf in soft drinks isle it's €.99. Enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

moodrater wrote: »
    Tesco discount store in athlone has the stuff they cleared in other stores except at twice the price sometimes its even still on the shelves nextdoor for the cheaper price. Don''t know why they dont just clear all the non perishable clearance stuff like this it seems to be a model that works you wouldn't believe the bags of crap people leave with :eek: its like they left they're brain at the door.
    Yep you have to double check the price in the normal shop but the odd time you can get a good bargain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Cadbury Golden Crisp 230g is 66c in Tesco Baggot St. lwr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭proulx

Bag of 30 mini chupa chups (Lollipops) 1cent

Scream Egg 1cent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

haha I grabbed about ten of those on the way home from UCD today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭wilser

proulx wrote: »
    Bag of 30 mini chupa chups (Lollipops) 1cent

Scream Egg 1cent
    Which Tesco was this in!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭proulx

Ballinasloe-In a new clearance section I had never noticed before

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

I'm sick of the disapointment of bad crackers every christmas.

Me too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

psychward wrote: »
    haha I grabbed about ten of those on the way home from UCD today.
    I hope you left some. I'm going back in after work!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭dextero

Tesco in Mahon Point have boxes of sun dishwasher tablets reduced to €2. They are not in the usual section they are up the top of the store where they put a lot of reduced stuff. They also had mint crisps for 37cent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

they have small bargain area in Tullow. never really looked it before. will have a look at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

wow, is this marked at 66c or just scanning? hope theres some left!

I hope you left some. I'm going back in after work!

I left some but they were flying out. I popped in today and the spot on the shelf was marked as ''out of stock.''
    sotisme wrote: »
    wow, is this marked at 66c or just scanning? hope theres some left!

It was marked at 66 cent on the shelves and also came up at 66 cent on a scan. Given the shelf was also marked then how can it be just a simple mistake ?

I also got my clubcard points on the purchase :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,531 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Just check the BBE date people.

Likely they only have a couple of months left. No big deal.

noodler wrote: »
    Just check the BBE date people.

Likely they only have a couple of months left. No big deal.

26-September 2012

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Mine is 26 Sept 2012 00:05 OCOOU13923(3) :D

That GoldenCrisp/Fruit&Nut/MintCrisp/Tiffin has been at low prices for over a month now.

I just say cos I bought some cheap Tesco choccy recently that was going off in March/April.

Of course when I say 'going off'..

• Advertisement

I just say cos I bought some cheap Tesco choccy recently that was going off in March/April.

Of course when I say 'going off'..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Bought a Mint Crisp for €1 yesterday...delighted I thought, I'll buy more today.

39 cent, and thats what the shelf price said. Tesco Dundrum btw.

Mushy wrote: »
    Bought a Mint Crisp for €1 yesterday...delighted I thought, I'll buy more today.

what size was it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

20 pack of ZIP individually wrapped firelighters = €2.20 at crescent limerick store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭Bobby1984

Mollyd90 wrote: »
    they have small bargain area in Tullow. never really looked it before. will have a look at the weekend.

where abouts in store is that. Wouldnt be in there a whole lot but I cant say that I have noticed it when I do go in there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Daily Mail - Tesco 'totally irresponsible' for slashing price of chocolate bars
    Shoppers have been seen leaving Tesco stores across the country with armfuls of the chocolate. But consumers seemed more concerned with snapping up a bargain.
    One woman was spotted leaving a Tesco Extra in Southampton, Hants, with ten packs of Mars, which are normally on sale for 1.89 per pack.
    Helen Taylor, 42, said: 'My family and I are chocoholics so when I spotted this deal I couldn't resist. These will keep us going for the next few months.
    'I saved nearly nine pounds on all of this.'

They'd better not write about our bargains, surely a 230g GoldenCrisp at 66c/54p is cheaper than a Mars 290g 5pack at €1.20/£1 ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭Jessica Fletcher

snubbleste wrote: »

They're fairly lightweight "chocoholics" - 50 bars is just over one a week each if they're a family of 5 :rolleyes: Wish I was that restrained in Tesco!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

snubbleste wrote: »
    Daily Mail - Tesco 'totally irresponsible' for slashing price of chocolate bars

They'd better not write about our bargains, surely a 230g GoldenCrisp at 66c/54p is cheaper than a Mars 290g 5pack at €1.20/£1 ?

Where were these people the last few years, choc is always reduced every jan to nothing. Same with discontinued bar sizes, you just have to be in the right place at the right time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

Bobby1984 wrote: »
    where abouts in store is that. Wouldnt be in there a whole lot but I cant say that I have noticed it when I do go in there.

its tiny, on the tills end of the isles somewhere in the middle isles, cant really remember. I'll be in at the weekend and I'll get you better directions:)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Mok

2 man dome tents (only tesco brand but grand for the kids to play with) was €15 now €1.25 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭davehey79

Mushy wrote: »

Bought in tesco Longford a few mins ago too for 39cent shelf is saying 1euro. Loads of them and golden crisps too but didn't get a golden crisp to see if they are scanning cheaper also

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement