Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

Matchmakers also 87 cent in Athlone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I got the last of them, and I think I was lucky at this because of the enormously patient girl helping me out, but I just got a 6 Man Gelert Corona 6 tent for 15 quid in Tesco Clearwater at the manager's discretion. I'd heard there was good value on that model in UK branches, but when I asked, they couldn't find it on the system at all and picked a number out of the air.

I haven't seen the same tent in any other branches, and as I say it wasn't on their system anymore, but if you see a big olive green sportsbag shaped tent looking unloved on a shelf, it would worth asking about. It's this one.

I don't know if you'd be as jammy as I was, but it's worth keeping an eye out in some of the bigger branches outside of Dublin especially. I'm nearly sure they didn't have them in Clarehall or Dundrum when I was in those branches in the last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I bought that tent in blue and green in Oct 13!, brilliant tent, well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Woodpecker1

I got the last of them, and I think I was lucky at this because of the enormously patient girl helping me out, but I just got a 6 Man Gelert Corona 6 tent for 15 quid in Tesco Clearwater at the manager's discretion. I'd heard there was good value on that model in UK branches, but when I asked, they couldn't find it on the system at all and picked a number out of the air.

I haven't seen the same tent in any other branches, and as I say it wasn't on their system anymore, but if you see a big olive green sportsbag shaped tent looking unloved on a shelf, it would worth asking about. It's this one.

I don't know if you'd be as jammy as I was, but it's worth keeping an eye out in some of the bigger branches outside of Dublin especially. I'm nearly sure they didn't have them in Clarehall or Dundrum when I was in those branches in the last week.

You were jammy indeed. Managers need to clear warehouses for Xmas stock coming in now and for the near future. Those with space to keep that sort of thing till next year will store it away quite happily. Space and organisation are important though.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭mac1961

pogsick wrote: »
    Technika 5200mah scanning at €4.03 good few left in douglas

Just got one in Ballybeg 2 left if anyone interested. (hanging with phone covers and chargers)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Fishy1

mac1961 wrote: »
    Just got one in Ballybeg 2 left if anyone interested. (hanging with phone covers and chargers)

Hubby has just been dispatched to see if he can get them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ablelocks

few things that i got over the last few days in nenagh/limerick but didn't get a chance to post :

pure siesta mii 2 for 13 something - altho' I'd say there are few of these available at this stage
    yellowstone picnic rug at 4.50 or so
    Campinggaz stove was reduced to 10 (didn't get it in the end though)

Stationery :
    oxford A4 organisers for about €3.60
    various packs of pens for 1-3 euro
    twin pack of rubbers 15c*

kirstie alsopp storage boxes down to 5.50 or so
    kirstie alsopp expanding file thingy down to 1 or 2
    maped scissors 1 something

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 ..o_o

..o_o wrote: »
    mice
    twice

tractor beam

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭MB05

I got one of these irons in Tesco Clarehall a couple of hours ago.

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=276516411

It was reduced to €5.59. I think the original price here was €13 something.

It's in a blue & navy box and it just says Tesco 1900w Iron on the front.

There were a few left when I got mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭RayCon

Less chocolate , more bargains .... unless it's bargain chocolate. :D

Noticed in Maynooth Tesco that a lot of their clearance games (that have been on the shelves for months in fairness) are now Buy 1 Get 1 Free. Got 2 copies of Time Crisis Razing Storm (PS3) for nephews for a grand total of €5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

RayCon wrote: »

Noticed in Maynooth Tesco that a lot of their clearance games (that have been on the shelves for months in fairness) are now Buy 1 Get 1 Free. Got 2 copies of Time Crisis Razing Storm (PS3) for nephews for a grand total of €5.
    Was just about to post this bargain as well. Beatles singstar for wii i think was €1 a few other games but mainly ps2 games were in this deal, from what I could see in the Ashbourne store. The bluetooth speaker I bought the other day have gone back up in price :(

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

/economics

I got a king duvet set for €5.50. Wife doesn't hate it. Win.

RayCon wrote: »

Lindt Crunchy caramel is/was 1.24 in Tesco Nenagh....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭savemejebus

ablelocks wrote: »

Was 62cent in Douglas, Cork the other night. Lower shelf at the end of the Crisp aisle, opposite a display rack of maltesers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭dublin8681

What ones? Have you a pic ?
    MarkR wrote: »
    /economics

I got a king duvet set for €5.50. Wife doesn't hate it. Win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭leck

Lemons Iced Caramels 175g, 53c

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

dublin8681 wrote: »
    What ones? Have you a pic ?

Sorry, it was last week with the group of other offers(cheap dab radios etc). I was getting tired of the economics lesson. There was only two there at the time, and the other one looked like a faded tea towel. :D

In regard to pictures of my bed. :eek:

I'll try to get some more current offers next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Yeah saw loads of bed sets on clearance round the €5 mark

Was 62cent in Douglas, Cork

thanks - found them at 62c in the limerick crescent last night. about 10 bars left after I took my allocation...

I'm not greedy, honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

New Ross this morning

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=281182463

Tesco sugar free mint humbugs 32c

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=278637627
    Tesco sugar free gum 17c

Also found tesco sesame seeds 34c & mixed nuts. Cannot find nuts online

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=259652136

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭colcatscar

Plenty of nuts around here!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

25% off all fresh meat at the butcher counter
    25% off all FF clothing instore and www.f-f.com 25/09-28/09
    25% off 6+ bottles of wine

colcatscar wrote: »
    Plenty of nuts around here!!!
    I think there are lots of nuts everywhere. :D
    100g walnut halves 64c

Also saw chopped almonds, toasted slivered almond. Also lots of cake decorating stuff. mostly Dr Oetker brand. 2kg ready roll icing 2.29 (was 4+). Yesterday these were yellow-tagged and still in the home baking area. Later a lot of the stuff had been moved to a food clearance section.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

ablelocks wrote: »

62c in New Ross, chocolate Aisle, no price on shelf, had to ask,
    No matchmakers left though,

Got lots of nts and chocolate,

Staff re doing baking aisle getting ready for Christmas, lots of cheap dr oetker stuff reduced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Odlums 4kg of Cream flour about EUR2.88. Bloody heavy, so make sure you have a car!!! Was in Baggot st, not sure if it's nationwide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

IMG_6901_zps4fb18207.jpg in Mahon Point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

What's that Azera coffee like? I bought the Carte Noir refill bag 150g for €4.50 in Tesco Clearwater the other day that makes it €30 per Kilo which is about as good as you get for half decent coffee!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

et101 wrote: »
    What's that Azera coffee like? I bought the Carte Noir refill bag 150g for €4.50 in Tesco Clearwater the other day that makes it €30 per Kilo which is about as good as you get for half decent coffee!

They advertise the living hell out of it- which doesn't necessarily mean its any good. It has added saccharin in it- to mask the bitterness. Aka- it contains coffee beans that were harvested before they were fully ripe (its one of the tell-signs of industrial harvesting). Personally I'm a big fan for Carte Noir- when I have to have an instant- its pricey enough- but I'd rather pay good money for good coffee, than get a so-so coffee at a discount.

Plus- you have the Nestlé factor........ (are folks still boycotting Nestlé?)

Read the reviews on Amazon........

Read the Hukd comments too. Apparently they have been trying to shift this @ £2 a tin in the UK (the RRP in the UK is £3.79)

Any playsand still available?

Playsand at 43c for a 10kg bag was a topic on here a month ago. Is anyone still finding any of this at Tesco? A local playschool is looking for a lot of playsand. It would cost them 34.90 for ten 15kg bags (total 150kg) in Smyths vs. 6.45 for same amount (fifteen 10kg bags = 150kg) at Tesco, if still available at the clearance price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭dunworth1

i know this is off topic but argos currently have 15kg bags of play sand at 4 euro a bag and are currently running a 3 for 2 offer.
    not a cheap as tesco but cheaper then smyths

so the total for 10 15kg bags would be €27.93

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3650574/Trail/searchtext%3EPLAY+SAND.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

dunworth1 wrote: »
    i know this is off topic but argos currently have 15kg bags of play sand at 4 euro a bag and are currently running a 3 for 2 offer.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3650574/Trail/searchtext%3EPLAY+SAND.htm

Also you could also simply go to your local building provider and buy a 25kg bag for under a fiver.

http://www.goodwins.ie/p-26062-building-sand-25kg.aspx

Also you could also simply go to your local building provider and buy a 25kg bag for under a fiver.

http://www.goodwins.ie/p-26062-building-sand-25kg.aspx
    But that would be much grittier and it's not washed.

dunworth1 wrote: »

Thanks, they get a small discount at Smyths, but even with that the price is better at Argos (about 20% less).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,521 ✭✭✭✭Esel

leck wrote: »
    Yeah, because everyone knows that sand is full of germs, and it hurts eyes because of its grittiness.

Collect sea sand - the salt usually kills the germs. Goggles keeps most of the grit out of the eyes.

Remember to always put a lid over the sandpit, so the possible birdsh!t / probable catsh!t will not cause unwanted complications. Dogs don't bury their sh!t, so that is one thing less to worry about.

The kids will usually survive despite all these precautions.

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    Yeah, because everyone knows that sand is full of germs, and it hurts eyes because of its grittiness.

Collect sea sand - the salt usually kills the germs. Goggles keeps most of the grit out of the eyes.

Remember to always put a lid over the sandpit, so the possible birdsh!t / probable catsh!t will not cause unwanted complications. Dogs don't bury their sh!t, so that is one thing less to worry about.

Its actually illegal to collect seasand from most beaches- and people doing so is a significant factor in coastal erosion. Along with being illegal in most places- in those places where it is not- you need a foreshore licence.

You're opening yourself to a lot of needless trouble- if you collect sand on the beech.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Esel wrote: »
    That's a good thing though? Right? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭mac1961

Anyone looking for the Technika Power Bank in Waterford, just noticed there are a few in Ardkeen hanging with HDMI cables.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭rameire

Add some fabric softener and wash at 1200 spins at 80 degrees celcius.
    should sort that right out.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

All the cheap wii, xbox, ps3 games are buy one get one free. the 5 Euro ones.

It is a bit more course. I used it for my kids though. They got great value out of it.

There are different grades . Plastering sand and building sand. And you can also get the real fine washed sand for filling between patio stones.

My kids come home covered from head to toe anyway. Washed sand would be the preference i guess, but you will be throwing the stuff out after a year either way.

Sooner of later a cat will find it and will crap in it . Then it can be used for leveling dips in the garden grass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

I'd rather pay good money for good coffee, than get a so-so coffee at a discount.

+1 am always looking for Carte Noir discounted it seems to be the best instant coffee, most of the others are awful even the others that are also pricey :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭Pipmae

I'll admit to not knowing much about coffee but that Azera stuff is awful. It's powder - I was expecting it to be freeze dried. I don't like it at all. I much prefer Carte Noir or Millicano.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Its muck. Gold blend is nicer in my opinion*.

*Gold blend is still muck but not as mucky as Azera

All that freeze dried instant stuff is muck .

An aeropress and a bag of ground coffee is the way to go if you enjoy a nice cuppa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

I'd rather pay good money for good coffee, than get a so-so coffee at a discount.

+1 am always looking for Carte Noir discounted it seems to be the best instant coffee, most of the others are awful even the others that are also pricey :cool:

Dunnes have the 200g jar of Carte Noir for 6 euros in Ennis today, would say it's nationwide though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭nc6000

An aeropress and a bag of ground coffee is the way to go if you enjoy a nice cuppa.

Or even beans and a grinder, it's better again.

nc6000 wrote: »
    Or even beans and a grinder, it's better again.

I did not want to mention that in case everyone though I was being a snob.

I find the Tesco finest beans to be terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭nc6000

I did not want to mention that in case everyone though I was being a snob.

I find the Tesco finest beans to be terrible.

I didn't mean getting Tesco beans exactly, I just meant beans in general. :)

The Lavazza and Robt Robert ones are OK.

nc6000 wrote: »
    I didn't mean getting Tesco beans exactly, I just meant beans in general. :)

The Lavazza and Robt Robert ones are OK.

The Lavazza ones are a lot better than OK- especially Lavazza Pienaroma and Dek- they're really really good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭CH3OH

What's the chance that someone might post an aul bargain in the Tesco Bargain thread?

Surely there's a sand /coffee forum somewhere?

p.s. and I know this is off topic too!:)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement