Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

L'Oreal for men shaving gel reduced to clear (discontinued line) to €1.27 from €5+ in Clearwater last night. Should be national if you can find any.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 bucksja

25% off 6 bottles of wine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

bucksja wrote: »
    25% off 6 bottles of wine.

How does the 25% off work when ordering online ? Doesn't seem to show up when you go to checkout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

will56 wrote:
    How does the 25% off work when ordering online ? Doesn't seem to show up when you go to checkout

you could always send it back if they didn't apply to your order

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

will56 wrote: »

Says in the offer fine print that it applies at the point of purchase and not when the items are placed in your basket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Just a heads up, not a bargain as such but went into tesco to pick up some gift cards and they were rang through as the wrong price. I dunno how but they were for a completely different store and a different value altogether. so if you are buying any make sure you check the reciept

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭p225886

So did they ring through at a higher or lower price than face value?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

In Castlebar

€1 PS3 Blu-ray remote control, Sony branded. Only one left.

DVD aisle, bottom shelf, underneath where the phone covers are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    In Castlebar

€1 PS3 Blu-ray remote control, Sony branded. Only one left.

DVD aisle, bottom shelf, underneath where the phone covers are.

Typical, the one day i'm not around a bargain shows up in Castlebar.

• Advertisement

RossieMan wrote: »

I knew they were reduced from a post on here ages ago so I was keeping an eye out. (thanks to whoever originally posted it)

I picked up one for myself, two AA sony batteries included :pac: not bad for a quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭leck

RossieMan, I don't think you are looking hard enough. I only go to Castlebar occasionally and always find some bargains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

leck wrote: »
    RossieMan, I don't think you are looking hard enough. I only go to Castlebar occasionally and always find some bargains.

Well, some of my household go there a couple of times a week and never encounter a bargain, even though they check here before venturing:).

Theres the usual food bargains, but i never find any technological items for sale. 3 for 2 on tesco branded crap and that sort of thing.

Maybe its just bad luck, but i think the Castlebar store is awful compared to many of the ones mentioned on here.

Theres the usual food bargains, but i never find any technological items for sale. 3 for 2 on tesco branded crap and that sort of thing.

Maybe its just bad luck, but i think the Castlebar store is awful compared to many of the ones mentioned on here.

I find Carrick on Shannon decent for bargains.

But I guess checking this thread before you head to Tesco helps :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

+1. Castlebar is pretty poor when it comes to bargains. Swinford has a decent electrical section from what I recall so is probably better for the tech bargains.

• Advertisement

Well, some of my household go there a couple of times a week and never encounter a bargain, even though they check here before venturing:).
    Was there today - they still have a couple of the clearance headsets, JVC folding ones for 4.12.

Foodwise - lots of clearance in the home baking aisle, esp Dr Oetker brand. Some fruit, nuts and seeds at half price. And stacks of the Lindt Caramel Crunch chocolate at 62c each. :P

Last week I got one of the Belkin N300 routers.

Where are the headsets? didn't spot them in there. Sickened i missed the routers too.

Where are the headsets? didn't spot them in there. Sickened i missed the routers too.
    I felt sorry for you last week when you said you were not finding any bargains and I PM'd you about the headsets - that was over a week ago and the headsets are still there. Anyone else interested?

You have to remember that sometimes the clearance items are NOT tagged with the reduced prices and they are not always put away for you nice and tidily in a clearance area. So you have to do some homework.

Also, even when marked down, clearance stuff it not always yellow-tagged. For example the Lindt chocolate that's reduced from €2.49 to 62c does not have a yellow tag. It just has a standard white tag.

i know you did, and i went in after and looked but didn't find any JVC headsets around the other earphones and stuff, so i assumed they were gone.

Perhaps i'll have to dig a little further next time. Is there a price checker in Castlebar or do ya just go to the tills?

i know you did, and i went in after and looked but didn't find any JVC headsets around the other earphones and stuff, so i assumed they were gone.

Perhaps i'll have to dig a little further next time. Is there a price checker in Castlebar or do ya just go to the tills?
    There are two price checkers.

• Advertisement

jaysus i can't even find the price checkers, never mind the bargains.

In fairness, i've only been in the place a handful of times.

jaysus i can't even find the price checkers, never mind the bargains.

In fairness, i've only been in the place a handful of times.
    And I'm not going to tell you. Let that be your homework for the next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

jaysus i can't even find the price checkers, never mind the bargain

:)

The good news is it can't get any worse for you, can it?

I'll have to have more than a 5 minute look around the next time.

Will report back if i find my way out of tesco, even that sounds a bit of a challenge for me by the looks of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭zagamuffin

Got two apple lighting to old apple connection for e8.70 each, we're 29.99 each in Mahon point , blaupaunt 32" TV for e199 their too

Nice

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭zagamuffin

Got two apple lighting to old apple connection for e8.70 each, we're 29.99 each in Mahon point , blaupaunt 32" TV for e199 their too

Nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

zagamuffin wrote: »
    Got two apple lighting to old apple connection for e8.70 each, we're 29.99 each in Mahon point ,

tried douglas, they have them but they are scanning at full price :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

hoodwinked wrote: »
    tried douglas, they have them but they are scanning at full price :(

Maynooth have them- if you're up that direction........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Will be over that way on Monday hope they're still there.

Will be over that way on Monday hope they're still there.

4 on the wall at the very back of the store- 3rd shelf up, immediately to the right hand side of the Tesco Mobile shop (above a couple of shelves of Sony Bluray players etc). No-one was paying them any attention- so I guess they'll still be there. They also had a few Technica DAB radios (marked @ 20- no idea what they're scanning at)- immediately next to the adaptors- along with some other Technica odds and ends (nothing of which took my attention).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Pinkycharm

Heard today in store that toys are half price next week. Staff were making lists!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

Pinkycharm wrote: »
    Heard today in store that toys are half price next week. Staff were making lists!

Hope they check them twice!

They need to clear stuff quick. Most stores haven't put out their main halloween stuff yet (just a few teaser odds and ends of costumes)- its in cages out the back- they don't have anywhere to put it.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

nah won't be up near there till november :D thank you though,

any idea on which toys? although i know Douglas is sold out of most of the Frozen stuff, my daughter had her eye on a frozen wand that was €11 in tesco and it's €16 in smyths

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭brophs

zagamuffin wrote: »

Nice

Do you mean dock adapters? Must have a look in the unlikely event Carlow have them.

http://store.apple.com/ie/product/MD823ZM/A/lightning-to-30-pin-adapter

update: found the price checker. right beside me. feeling very silly. scanned some JVC headphones, all coming up at full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Anyone here from Waterford? Is there a pricechecker in any of the tracks here? I think there used to be one in Ardkeen but went looking today and I think it's gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭mac1961

Anyone here from Waterford? Is there a pricechecker in any of the tracks here? I think there used to be one in Ardkeen but went looking today and I think it's gone?

None in Ardkeen or Lisduggan but there is one in Poleberry and Ballybeg

Worth noting that the battery charger is reduced again in store * if you can find it
    img_20140929_121941xrinb.jpg

mind you found this lil stocking filler, this was in ashbourne so should be nationwide

img_20140929_122345yaiim.jpgimg_20140929_130304cvewn.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

mac1961 wrote: »
    None in Ardkeen or Lisduggan but there is one in Poleberry and Ballybeg

Poleberry is never working well anytime I have tried anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭brandonviewer

Four battery chargers left in paul St, cork. Priced at €14 and scanning €2.45

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭RayCon

Pinkycharm wrote: »

Anybody confirm if the toy sale has started (in particular if Lego friends is reduced) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭mudxfxa

daytob wrote: »
    Worth noting that the battery charger is reduced again in store * if you can find it

which store is it? The bluetune seems nice

says ashbourne in my post but its a tesco yellow sel so could be nationwide

mind you found this lil stocking filler, this was in ashbourne so should be nationwide

img_20140929_130304cvewn.jpg
    Aaagh! Bought one of these Bluetune Beans last night and it scanned at 7.49. Had waited long enough for it to drop more. 83c is a great price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 jenniferbutler

Anyone know if the bluetooth speakers are in carlow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭CH3OH

RayCon wrote: »
    Anybody confirm if the toy sale has started (in particular if Lego friends is reduced) ?

I wouldn't be getting my hopes up that
    there will be great toy reductions.
    I was in Arklow this morning and there a full pallet of toys where the printing on the
    boxes said " half price toy promotion".
    I would imagine it is stuff that has been bought in for the "sale"
    Hopefully I'm wrong

As said previously items like technika are worth scanning, this bluetooth speaker is sel for 15- scans at 5.79

unnamed1wryt.jpgunnamed1huqon.jpg
    This one now scanning at 1.66 in Claremorris. Shelf tag still says 19.99. Plenty on the shelf.

Also found Tesco Micro-lite Mummy Sleeping Bag marked down to 5.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ILoveBargains

Picked up one of those technika bluetooth mini speakers in Stillorgan this morning, there was only one on the shelf and no SEL so asked for a price check. Thought it was a good price at 1.66 but didn't realise it was 19.99 originally!

Didn't see any of those speakers in Castlebar last night, found a couple of headphones around the place though.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement