Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Since christmas is coming....

on that subject anyone who has (or wants those wrist tape dispensers), they are €3 in Tesco at the moment
    327683.png

the bigger bargain is the refils though they are scanning at 49cent!
    327682.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

Those dispenser are so handy but they still seem pricey? What are they when they're not on offer?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Irishchick wrote: »
    Those dispenser are so handy but they still seem pricey? What are they when they're not on offer?

3 Quid. Thats their normal price. The pad refills are mispriced- I think thats what they were saying. You could just use normal sellotape like everyone else :p

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

hoodwinked wrote: »
    on that subject anyone who has (or wants those wrist tape dispensers), they are €3 in Tesco at the moment
    327683.png

the bigger bargain is the refils though they are scanning at 49cent!
    327682.png

In Which section in Tesco could one find this?

Pinkycharm wrote: »
    A Christmas decoration scanned wrong for me in Nenagh today, it was a polar bear covered in diamonds- was just passing through and thought it looked nice so picked it up. Label said 5.50 but scanned at 1.08 so bought two. Went to self service but cashier noticed and double checked them- manager said he sort it when he got to it but bargin could still be there or in other places! :D

Correct price in Maynooth. None of the 49c tape left in Maynooth either, just 4.00 refills in a darker packaging. Will check the Comfort fabric softener in a few mins.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Correct price in Maynooth. None of the 49c tape left in Maynooth either, just 4.00 refills in a darker packaging. Will check the Comfort fabric softener in a few mins.

In Coonagh, Limerick, the tape refills in the stationary department were marked as 3 or 4 euro. Yes, two prices!

The ones that were on offer were hanging on a strip near the christmas decorations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

I got the 49c refills in athlone this morning! there was a good few left . They were hanging on another aisle and were priced at 4 euro!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭bungaro79

in the douglas branch they have a 32" toshiba and samsung tvs on sale for about €239

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭th283

In tesco Tralee this evening:
    -40" blaupunkt TV €299
    -tesco USB charger €1.37
    -hartleys strawberry jelly €0.54
    -daisy 21 wash laundry gel €1.54
    - starburst Halloween hanging bags €0.74
    - natural confectionary company Halloween hanging bags €0.50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

The tape refills where scanning at €4 tonight in Tesco Extra in Naas

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

The tape refills where scanning at €4 tonight in Tesco Extra in Naas

In which section in Tesco one could find the tape dispenser?

mac.in wrote: »
    In which section in Tesco one could find the tape dispenser?

Stationery...... Probably the 2nd-3rd aisle in on the right when you enter a store, immediately before toys.........

Price now appears to be corrected (Maynooth/Celbridge/Lucan)- probably nationally- if you can get it quick this evening- do it while you can........

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Siobh73

Got the last 2 scotch refill packs in Drogheda. Only one bar code number scanned at 49c, all the others were 3 or 4 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Siobh73

Got the last 2 scotch refill packs in Drogheda. Only one bar code number scanned at 49c, all the others were 3 or 4 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

th283 wrote: »
    5w/30 part synthetic motor oil 2l was €14.50 now €3.50 in tesco in tralee

No oil in lucan, none there or gone.

• Advertisement

cerastes wrote: »
    No oil in lucan, none there or gone.

They 'had' it in Celbridge- no idea if they still do....... (I wasn't in particular looking out for it)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ILoveBargains

Siobh73 wrote: »

Any chance you could put up the barcode?

Update- price checked these in Maynooth (and cleared the shelf) however was charged the full whack (4 Euro) at the tills. Went back later and they price checked again at the reduced price......... It would appear the price checker price check may not be the same price as is on the computer at the tills? Always thought they were one and the same- they may not be though :(

5010027415591. It's on a sticker over another barcode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Not bad price for a 1080 telly with usb, handy if a kid wants one from the big red man
    img_20141110_161337f8r8q.jpg

Fair play to Anthony requesting this ;)
    img_20141110_161747vvrnq.jpg

• Advertisement

daytob wrote: »
    Not bad price for a 1080 telly with usb, handy if a kid wants one from the big red man
    img_20141110_161337f8r8q.jpg

Seriously- the telly isn't worth it.
    The sound on it is nothing short of appalling.
    Avoid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭bungaro79

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-TAS4011GB-Coffee-Maker-Silver/dp/B00193RV90/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1415653317&sr=8-3&keywords=bosch+tassimo+fidelia

just picked one of these up in tesco mahon point for €48 there. had to ask them to go to the store to see if any were left. handy xmas present!

just like to give people a heads up too. there is a new product after coming in in the chilled food aisle, steak and ale pie, absolutely amazing but sold out in both mahon and douglas!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭leck

MarkR wrote: »
    5010027415591. It's on a sticker over another barcode.
    Re: Scotch Pop Up Tape Strips.
    I found these with the 5010027415591 barcode on a hanging strip in the Christmas aisle and they scanned at 49c as others have reported. There are Scotch Pop-Up Dispenser Refills in identical packaging in the stationery aisle but scanning at €3. Those have the original barcode 051141234823. I wouldn't see these as a bargain at 49c but rather hugely overpriced at €3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Dun laoghaire:- 630ml bottle singha beer reduced to €2.60

Picked up a 2m belkin micro usb cable for 2.49 this morning in Coonagh, Limerick. Reduced twice from 9.99 I think.

328201.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,164 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

daytob wrote: »

why would you need 1080 on a 22" telly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭savemejebus

loyatemu wrote: »
    why would you need 1080 on a 22" telly?

same reason people need 1080 on a 5" phone, because it can be done...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Anyone know the ballpark price for SD cards in Tesco? Preferably 8 or 16 GB sizes...

Sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,164 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

same reason people need 1080 on a 5" phone, because it can be done...

people use phones to read stuff - the higher resolution really improves this, also they hold them much closer to the face than would be the case with a TV. 1080's largely pointless on a small TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

loyatemu wrote: »
    people use phones to read stuff - the higher resolution really improves this, also they hold them much closer to the face than would be the case with a TV. 1080's largely pointless on a small TV.

maybe for attaching XBOX or other console ? Or a PC ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭ablelocks

crescent sc limerick :

pukka A5 organiser pads @ 2.50 (sticker on box said discontinued stock - the shelf price said 4.50)
    helix oxford box of 12 HB pencils marked 7 scanning at 2
    post it notes (45 in a pack, larger size than normal ones and lined) €1
    scotch desktop pop-up dispenser €2
    Scotch Pop Up Tape Strips - 1 pack scanned at 0.49 and 4 others scanned at 3 - I didn't notice until i checked the receipt and he refunded me immediately and gave them to me for free. sound

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

bungaro79 wrote: »
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-TAS4011GB-Coffee-Maker-Silver/dp/B00193RV90/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1415653317&sr=8-3&keywords=bosch+tassimo+fidelia

just picked one of these up in tesco mahon point for €48 there. had to ask them to go to the store to see if any were left. handy xmas present!

just like to give people a heads up too. there is a new product after coming in in the chilled food aisle, steak and ale pie, absolutely amazing but sold out in both mahon and douglas!!

Thanks for the tip on the Tassimo, I was going to get one for the OHs sister for christmas anyway. Popped into Mahon today and asked one of the girls who went in the back and got one for me. Score!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

sorry wrong place...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭CH3OH

bungaro79 wrote: »

Picked up the last one in Arklow this morning. Again wasn't on display and I used a €10 Aldi voucher:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 aprilkitten

CH3OH wrote: »
    Picked up the last one in Arklow this morning. Again wasn't on display and I used a €10 Aldi voucher:)

Anyone seen these in carlow or newross? Would love one

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭gumgum1

Can you use the aldi voucher if you purchase games and toys
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭CH3OH

I can't see there would be any issue with the purchase of toys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭garbeth

gumgum1 wrote: »
    Can you use the aldi voucher if you purchase games and toys
    Thanks

As long as you fulfill the terms if the voucher you can use it for anything

For example if the voucher says send 50 get 10 off then as long as you spend 50 on any goods you get 10 off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

Selection boxes half price.
    €2.25 for Cadbury's
    €1.99 for Nestle & Mars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

€2.25 for Cadbury's
    €1.99 for Nestle & Mars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭leck

garbeth wrote: »
    As long as you fulfill the terms if the voucher you can use it for anything

For example if the voucher says send 50 get 10 off then as long as you spend 50 on any goods you get 10 off
    Not so. You can't use if for petrol. And when it comes to phone top-ups, I've been able to use these Aldi vouchers on a couple of occasions and been rejected a couple of times. It seems to depend on the cashier. I'm guessing the same would be true for gift cards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Generally you an't use vouchers on stage one infant formula either. Toys should be fine tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

on xbox games?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭mac1961

soap1978 wrote: »
    on xbox games?

I used a supervalu 10e voucher to buy a ps4 game in Ardkeen Waterford a couple of weeks ago, there was no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭garbeth

Yawns wrote: »
    Generally you an't use vouchers on stage one infant formula either. Toys should be fine tho

You can use it on items that you get club card points on. You don't get club card points on petrol, infant formula or medicines

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,712 ✭✭✭Speak Now

You can use it on items that you get club card points on. You don't get club card points on petrol, infant formula or medicines

Since when are there no points on fuel? I thought it was 1 for every 2 Euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Just checked my last mailing, I always get points for petrol. Maybe I'm special. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

25% off 6+ wine bottles thurs-sun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

Remouad wrote: »
    €2.25 for Cadbury's
    €1.99 for Nestle & Mars

One of the UK stores is advertising the Cadbury selection boxes for £2 BOGOF!!! We on the other hand are getting them at €2.25 and that's HALF PRICE!! Rip off Ireland or what! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭Soarer

Can you use that €20 Super Valu card thing from Electric Ireland in Tesco?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement