Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Anyone know how long the 25% off for > 6 bottles of wine offer will last for? Still on the Tesco Groceries homepage, but mentions only till Nov 30th....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I was in Tesco in Nutgrove shopping centre and noticed all the 25% off promotion material was removed so asked at the customer service desk to be told it had finished Sunday 30th November.
    Was passing Tesco Stillorgan tonight and noticed they had the signs still up.
    Asked and was told the 25% offer will run there until Sunday 7th December!

Bought 8 bottles, 6 reduced from €15.00 to €9.00 and 2 reduced from €20 to €10 each, 25% off brought it from €74 to €55.50, produced an Aldi voucher to bring it down to €45.50 :D.
    Happy Days!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 popsynesbitt

garbeth wrote: »
    I bought one the model number is blaupunkt 50/148I-GB-5B2-FHJUP

Great deal there. Any in Galway I wonder. Should this be in all stores?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭CH3OH

I'd say you've missed the boat on this one.

You might be lucky and find one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭dunworth1

anyone spot any of the 199 laptops in limerick?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Moyglish

I got one in Tesco Oranmore, so maybe try there :)

They also had 40" for €299 and 32" for €199

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

dunworth1 wrote: »
    anyone spot any of the 199 laptops in limerick?
    Actually, anyone spot them anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 popsynesbitt

Moyglish wrote: »
    I got one in Tesco Oranmore, so maybe try there :)

They also had 40" for €299 and 32" for €199

No way - that's my local tesco. Wow I missed that I feel like an idiot!! I'll have a look today but I assume I've missed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭manuhalo

kaizersoze wrote: »
    3 of these available in Tesco Ballinasloe.
    Looks like a handy price to me.

I'd love to get one of these for my OH. By any chance somebody spotted one in or around Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭shaca

KOR101 wrote: »

I picked up 2 and my sister got one, we asked about them and they had them in the stockroom. That was last Friday so might be worth asking them to check for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

KOR101 wrote: »
    i picked one up in clarehall loads of them there on saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭now online

330273.jpg

Got one of these this morning in tesco, Douglas they still have a few left but you have to ask for it from customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Moyglish

No way - that's my local tesco. Wow I missed that I feel like an idiot!! I'll have a look today but I assume I've missed them.

Did you manage to get any tv in oranmore? I was in the earlier and they had a good few 40" left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,570 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

now online wrote: »
    Got one of these this morning in tesco, Douglas they still have a few left but you have to ask for it from customer service.

Apparently (according to my sister) all gone in Douglas. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

cathalj wrote: »
    I have the Tesco newsletter thing and it states- "Blaupunkt 50/148Z 50" LED TV" .... dunno if that's a full model number, but it might help.

Anyone see these in Douglas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

the iron man action figures are in stock in Mahon point, i couldn't check the price though as the scanner is broken (again)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Staff in Letterkenny reducing kids' clothes this evening, got 2 pairs of 4-5 jeans reduced from €14 to €3.18 and a jumper down from €10 to €2. Delighted with myself!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

Picked up a laptop in Waterford on Sunday had to ask and they went to stock room to get me the last one . Said 2 had come in Sunday so maybe they are coming in everyday worth trying. Had tried another store and they were still €279

dulpit wrote: »
    Apparently (according to my sister) all gone in Douglas. :(

I reserved mine at 11am this morning, collected it at 3 I asked did they have many in stock they had 1 in the room next to the customer service desk and it showed up 4 more in stock, probably in their main stock room. I asked about the stock levels so I could be a good boardie and post here:D

now online wrote: »
    I reserved mine at 11am this morning, collected it at 3 I asked did they have many in stock they had 1 in the room next to the customer service desk and it showed up 4 more in stock, probably in their main stock room. I asked about the stock levels so I could be a good boardie and post here:D

reserved? how did you do that

i was very disappointed in coonagh this evening i found the box off the laptop on the shelf and went to CS desk she went looking for it but none were there
    :(

trying to find a similar deal as i want to get the parents a laptop for xmas

• Advertisement

dunworth1 wrote: »
    reserved? how did you do that

i was very disappointed in coonagh this evening i found the box off the laptop on the shelf and went to CS desk she went looking for it but none were there
    :(

trying to find a similar deal as i want to get the parents a laptop for xmas

I didn't have the money with me when I went to check did they have it. I smiled nicely at the lady behind the desk and asked her to hold onto it while I got the money. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

th283 wrote: »
    This is the one that scanned at 5c in Wilton

Gone back up to €13.49 in Wilton when I checked today using the price check scanner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

330273.jpg

Cheers for posting this.
    Brother in law picked one up for the nephews. Christmas sorted. :)

ncur wrote: »
    Gone back up to €13.49 in Wilton when I checked today using the price check scanner.

was that the iron man with the blue 4+ label? the one with the red 4+ label is the reduced one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Remouad wrote: »
    Cheers for posting this.
    Brother in law picked one up for the nephews. Christmas sorted. :)

Tell him to sort out a HD for it if he wants to get full use of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭Soarer

ncur wrote: »

Still scanning at 5c in Mahon Point. One left, behind the other Avengers figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Dulchie12

Got the Xbox in Letterkenny today. Used my €63 clubcard vouchers and a €10 aldi voucher so paid €56!! Bargain of the century!! Thanks to the poster for the heads up much appreciated!

hoodwinked wrote: »
    was that the iron man with the blue 4+ label? the one with the red 4+ label is the reduced one!

Bother, didn't notice that particular detail. Ok, trip to Tesco scheduled for lunchbreak I'd say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Was in Tesco Clearwater yesterday and they had 185g packets of Smoked Applewood Cheese for €1.56. I'm not sure if this is a miss price or what but for me it is a bargain as I normally buy it in Dunnes where it is sold at €3 for 150g making the Tesco option better than half price of what Dunnes are.

Anyway smoked applewood cheese is absolutely superb grated on top of homemade burgers so I stocked up and bought four of them as they were so cheap and expiry dates were late Jan 2015. I hope its not a miss price but I suspect it is as cheese has tended to get more expensive over the last few years, not less.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Was in Tesco Clearwater yesterday and I got a 185g packet of Smoked Applewood Cheese for €1.56. I'm not sure if this is a miss price or what but for me it is a bargain as I normally buy it in Dunnes and it is a sold €3 for 150g making the Tesco option better than half price of what Dunnes are. Anyway smoked applewood cheese is absolutely superb on grated on top of homemade burgers so I stocked up and bought four of them as they were so cheap and expiry dates were late Jan 2015. I hope its not a miss price but I suspect it is as cheese has tended to get more expensive over the last few years, not less.

Not necessarily a misprice- bulk dairy products are now at 5 year lows- driven by massive over-production. Dunnes also, aren't necessarily the cheapest for nice products like Applewood smoked cheese etc. (though its a surprise for Tesco to be that much more competitive than Dunnes).

I'd make a working assumption that the price is in fact correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,909 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Got an apparently (and I'm entirely certain it is) custom clubcard points voucher mailing just there - first pages are all extra points on stuff I've stopped buying in Tesco in the last year; and all roughly for the price difference to the competition - e.g. Lyons Tea 160 which is usually on offer for a fiver, 210 points which brings it close to McGraths in Aldi price-wise.

The only ones I've never bought are for a 6 pack of apples and a multi-pack of Twirls which both seem a bit random. I suspect everyone else will be getting much the same thing arriving soon.

The blurb claims its for "your big festive shop" but not a single item is "festive" - its obvious a desperate data-mine of Clubcard history.

Was in Tesco Clearwater yesterday and they had 185g packets of Smoked Applewood Cheese for €1.56. I'm not sure if this is a miss price or what but for me it is a bargain as I normally buy it in Dunnes where it is sold at €3 for 150g making the Tesco option better than half price of what Dunnes are.

Anyway smoked applewood cheese is absolutely superb grated on top of homemade burgers so I stocked up and bought four of them as they were so cheap and expiry dates were late Jan 2015. I hope its not a miss price but I suspect it is as cheese has tended to get more expensive over the last few years, not less.

tesco are funny with their cheeses, we buy bags of grated mozzarella for pizza's and the tesco ones are cheaper and have a bigger weight per bag than any other retailer/brand. on the other hand, the chedder blocks are more expensive.

Went out to Wilton again at lunchtime, all the red 4+ label ones gone, they were probably gone yesterday too as I scanned a few of the Iron Man figures. Well done to boardsies who got them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

Anyway smoked applewood cheese is absolutely superb grated on top of homemade burgers so I stocked up and bought four of them as they were so cheap and expiry dates were late Jan 2015. I hope its not a miss price but I suspect it is as cheese has tended to get more expensive over the last few years, not less.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget you can freeze cheese and when it's frozen it's really easy to grate! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

tesco are funny with their cheeses, we buy bags of grated mozzarella for pizza's and the tesco ones are cheaper and have a bigger weight per bag than any other retailer/brand. on the other hand, the chedder blocks are more expensive.

Yeah Im not that frequent a Tesco shopper but I've been buying smoked applewood cheese now for a fair few years and Dunnes was the only place where I could seem to find it consistently, albeit at a quite pricey €3 for 150g. Sometimes Dunnes have 3 for the price of 2 offers on their premium cheeses but not always. Yesterday was the first time I'd ever seen smoked applewood in Tesco, maybe they've been selling it a while I'm not sure but I do seem to recall looking out for it before in there and not seeing any. Regardless €1.56 for 185g is a superb price and I'll be getting it there from now on.
    et101 wrote: »

Don't forget you can freeze cheese and when it's frozen it's really easy to grate! :)

Never knew you could freeze it, I'd always kinda thought it being dairy it wouldn't be a good idea to freeze. Do you tend to find it looses much flavour when doing so ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

L1011 wrote: »
    Got an apparently (and I'm entirely certain it is) custom clubcard points voucher mailing just there - first pages are all extra points on stuff I've stopped buying in Tesco in the last year; and all roughly for the price difference to the competition - e.g. Lyons Tea 160 which is usually on offer for a fiver, 210 points which brings it close to McGraths in Aldi price-wise.

The only ones I've never bought are for a 6 pack of apples and a multi-pack of Twirls which both seem a bit random. I suspect everyone else will be getting much the same thing arriving soon.

The blurb claims its for "your big festive shop" but not a single item is "festive" - its obvious a desperate data-mine of Clubcard history.

Got something very similar this week, loads of points for items which I currently buy there every week, multiply them by 4 (I almost always use them for boosts - great for kids days outs etc) and I'm nearly getting them for free at worst!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Yeah Im not that frequent a Tesco shopper but I've been buying smoked applewood cheese now for a fair few years and Dunnes was the only place where I could seem to find it consistently, albeit at a quite pricey €3 for 150g. Sometimes Dunnes have 3 for the price of 2 offers on their premium cheeses but not always. Yesterday was the first time I'd ever seen smoked applewood in Tesco, maybe they've been selling it a while I'm not sure but I do seem to recall looking out for it before in there and not seeing any. Regardless €1.56 for 185g is a superb price and I'll be getting it there from now on.

Never knew you could freeze it, I'd always kinda thought it being dairy it wouldn't be a good idea to freeze. Do you tend to find it looses much flavour when doing so ?

No, it depends on the cheese, some cheddars can be very crumbly, but in general, it comes out perfectly, I've half a freezer full of reduced price stilton at present, take a bit out every week (helps the salad leaves go down!!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

L1011 wrote: »

I got mine today, it's for everything we buy monthly, nothing random, all vouchers will be used, it's great they match it with your shopping habits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

Never knew you could freeze it, I'd always kinda thought it being dairy it wouldn't be a good idea to freeze. Do you tend to find it looses much flavour when doing so ?[/QUOTE]

I don't find freezing cheese alters the flavour as I usually use it in cooking but if you were eating it 'raw!' you would obviously bring it back to room temperature. I find it very handy for parmesan and reduced cheeses ;)

Lads what happened to all the bargains? It seem to have turned into some sort of cheese appreciation thread.

• Advertisement

Lads what happened to all the bargains? It seem to have turned into some sort of cheese appreciation thread.

the 25% of the 6 bottles of wine ends Sunday according to the tesco leaflet in my door this morning.

also the box of 20 tayto's or king crisps is €4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

You can stack lidl vouchers (10 off 50) and tesco vouchers together (I had 6euro off 40)

So I had 16 off a 50 shop, I also used my normal club card vouchers to knock off a few more quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

received a text to say my tablet order was ready for collection. but when i went in, i was told it was a mistake and it won't be there till the 6th. i was told that i would definitely get it for the reserved price of 139.99 tho. but it probably means no €20 voucher....

GaGa21 wrote: »
    received a text to say my tablet order was ready for collection. but when i went in, i was told it was a mistake and it won't be there till the 6th. i was told that i would definitely get it for the reserved price of 139.99 tho. but it probably means no €20 voucher....

wrong thread i think :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭cindrella

Anyone know when selection boxes are going to be reduced?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,712 ✭✭✭Speak Now

cindrella wrote: »
    Anyone know when selection boxes are going to be reduced?

26th :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭dueaug

A lot of the smaller/medium size selection boxes are 3 for €5 from today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

dunworth1 wrote:
    wrong thread i think 

You're right! Sorry bout that :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 pkkil

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    You can stack lidl vouchers (10 off 50) and tesco vouchers together (I had 6euro off 40)

So I had 16 off a 50 shop, I also used my normal club card vouchers to knock off a few more quid.
    where is every one getting the tesco vouchers please

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

Just to try to get the thread seem back on track they have 18 packs of coke (I assume they've diet coke and coke zero too) for €6. Seems to be running to Christmas Eve!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement