Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

You can have too many toblerones.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

It's so true, you can have too many.
    I got in on loads of those 100g Dark Toblerones for 12c last november. I still have a triangular stack of them sitting along my recantuglar golden crisps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭thegift06

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRuLb51EpIIR0EsyxnO3MK1u883HGJJLx4y3WnJy55zykqVwwTZ-Q

reduced from

I found them for €1 instore with yellow sticker saying were €1.65 down to €1.00

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

For anyone using HP 301 inks, the HP 301 combo, 1 x black & 1 x tri-colour is €33.02. (HP price €36.40 inc VAT & shipping)

Tesco Sensitive Anti-Danfruff Shampoo 300ml - €0.24. I've never used it before but I got 2 today for €0.48 off one of those "end-of-life" shelves.

Nescafe Black Gold Coffee 200g - €4.47

All in Tesco Cashel today where you need to organise the stock, price it up and dust the shelves and stock, please

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭mished

Tesco New Ross

3 pack XXX mints 42 cent
    Broccoli 335G 39 cent
    Stella/Becks 8 cans and Stella/Becks 15 bottles 3 for €22
    Tesco sweetner 75G 99 cent
    PG Tips 40 pyramid tea bags 84 cent

No scanners in store, I was told the customers broke them too often so they removed them :rolleyes:

I bought the Hobnob's but they scanned at €1.75 so they gave me my money back..

Also have a good deal on DVD's 4 for €10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

snubbleste wrote: »
    It's so true, you can have too many.
    I got in on loads of those 100g Dark Toblerones for 12c last november. I still have a triangular stack of them sitting along my recantuglar golden crisps.

Yeah I'm the same still have a pile of the cheap boxes of Toblerones from Christmas in the boot of my car and let's be honest you can only give out so many as birthday presents without it becoming a bit of a joke!!!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8 grainne02

grainne02 wrote: »
    says they are down to 1 euro online. What store were they 50 cent in?

Arthurs quay limerick 1euro. No scanner in store bit of a pain have to go customer service each time to check prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭trevortronics

mathepac wrote: »
    For anyone using HP 301 inks, the HP 301 combo, 1 x black & 1 x tri-colour is €33.02. (HP price €36.40 inc VAT & shipping)

Errrrrr, nope....
    Get them from http://www.mysuresupply.ie (A HP partner), I did earlier this week for €16.69 with free (DPD I think it was) delivery.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Red Oven Gloves back again @ 51c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭CH3OH

IDShot_225x225.jpg

4 cans of Bulmers for €5
    valid until 21/2/2012

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,744 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

CH3OH wrote: »
    IDShot_225x225.jpg

4 cans of Bulmers for €5
    valid until 21/2/2012

Which Tesco did you see this in? I was just in Roselawn and this offer wasn't there.

Which Tesco did you see this in? I was just in Roselawn and this offer wasn't there.

It is showing online and was on the shelf in Arklow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

Got a Lynx travel set in Leather type bag with 2 shower gels and a Lynx spray for 3.50 euro and another set in box with spray and shower gel 1.75 also impulse set with spray and shower gel 1.75..:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

this is selling for 7.99 but it's the v195b version as opposed to the 135 which was on sale previously.
    the tag on the shelf showed as the 135 version.
    (8GB version was selling for 14.99 btw)

wouldnt scan at the self scan checkout so the barcode was entered manually & till showed as 7.99.
    possibly has the wrong barcode?

got it in Tesco Poleberry Waterford, still a few left.
    only bought one as I didn't want to be greedy :D.
    not sure if any available in other tescos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭Esel

mathepac wrote: »

Errrrrr, nope....
    Get them from http://www.mysuresupply.ie (A HP partner), I did earlier this week for €16.69 with free (DPD I think it was) delivery.:D
    Excellent! Thank you.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

....Errrrrr, nope....
    Ooops, knickers Monica. I tried them before for ink for the sister's printer and they weren't competitive. 16 yo-yos is a fair saving. Well done, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭mell61

Cadbury Tiffin 100g bars are coming up as 39c.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

I was in the Tullamore store today and I noticed that they appear to be discontinuing lots of different items in the Tea/Coffee/Hot Drinks section.

Lots of tea and coffee items were reduced to half price.
    Example: 240 Tesco teabags for €2.42
    500 gm tin of Nescafe original granules for €6.99

Other items including different types of teas, starbucks coffee, decaf coffee, coffee flavours, Hot Chocolate etc. all reduced to half price.

There also appeared to some of this type of clearance in the Mens Toiletries aisle also.

Other things : Tesco own brand Chewable Vitamin C (orange flavour) 1 per day, 30 per tub - 40 cents

Red and white oven gloves mentioned earlier in this thread 51 cents

Go Noodles (in a pot like Pot Noodles) - Spicy Curry Flavour 32 cents

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

mell61 wrote: »
    Cadbury Tiffin 100g bars are coming up as 39c.

For a good while now.

Golden crisp 230g are 66c in case anyone didn't know :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭uli84

0lddog wrote: »
    Red Oven Gloves back again @ 51c

which Tesco? thx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

uli84 wrote: »
    which Tesco? thx

I bought a pair in Clare Hall......but maybe its a standard system price

Perhaps check at whatever one you usually go to that has a price checker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭thecivvie

0lddog wrote: »
    I bought a pair in Clare Hall......but maybe its a standard system price

Perhaps check at whatever one you usually go to that has a price checker

They were in Galway also

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

which Tesco? thx

How many times do we have to say this, Which branch are you talking about? please include, We're not mind readers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭oneweb

vicwatson wrote: »
    For a good while now.

Aaaaghbaa*****%!~!^%%*** feckit!! Didn't even think of looking for the larger size.
    The 100g Golden Crisp went in at 1eur, although... the 100g Tiffin was 39c :)

It is what it's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭skinny90

cant remember the brand but their nice fresh pizzas in tesco 3 for 4.19(bb date is 17th of feb) available in pepperoni or 4 cheese.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

In addition to the tesco chewable vitamin c 30 for 40c
    Tesco Cod liver oil 60 53c
    Tesco Omega 3 fish oil 30 63c

Tesco value chocolate eclairs 16c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭Soarer

vicwatson wrote: »

For a good while now.

They're back to normal in Mahon Point. Where did you see them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭Butterball

Fairy non bio gel 24 washes €2.20 in Tesco Carrick-on-Shannon. Good dtock left about an hour ago....on a shelf down at the back of the store. Kiddies gloves reduced to 1/2 price in a basket in clothes section....was charged full price..... I only noticed when I left so returned and got double the difference back.....free gloves:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Picked up the last HP 16GB USB Key for €7.99 in Sligo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Basq wrote: »
    Picked up the last HP 16GB USB Key for €7.99 in Sligo.

The bit of the Tesco store in the Galway shopping centre down by Euro2 has a few left

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭Gaw_

Picked up the 3x Pizza Company offer for €4.19 and also 6x Tuborg 500ml cans for €5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭wilser

Just picked up a mega box of pampers baby dry for €15 (112 in box)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

CH3OH wrote: »
    IDShot_225x225.jpg

4 cans of Bulmers for €5
    valid until 21/2/2012

Good deal.

They have a deal going since before Christmas that matches this though.
    Normally a box of 20 300ml bottles is €20. They have a deal on since a few weeks before Christmas where they are selling 2 boxs for €30. 40 300ml bottles = 12,000ml.
    If you spend €30 on cans in this offer, you can pick up 24 cans. 24 500ml cans - 12,000ml!

And yes, I was bored earlier :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Didnt Tesco used to have a policy if they charged too much you got the item for free ? Is this finished because they overcharged me the other day and only gave me back what I was overcharged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Karen23 wrote: »
    Didnt Tesco used to have a policy if they charged too much you got the item for free ? Is this finished because they overcharged me the other day and only gave me back what I was overcharged.
    Thought they were supposed to give you back double what you were overcharged.

I knew they had some kind of policy but I looked at the signs behind customer services and didn't see anything so I had nothing to prove an argument.

They had childrens books reduced from €5 to €1 , I bought two in Clearwater. They scanned at €5 , when I went to customer services the girl asked me to show her the sign which I did and she gave me back €8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭brian_t

I knew they had some kind of policy but I looked at the signs behind customer services and didn't see anything so I had nothing to prove an argument.

They had childrens books reduced from €5 to €1 , I bought two in Clearwater. They scanned at €5 , when I went to customer services the girl asked me to show her the sign which I did and she gave me back €8.

Yes Basq is correct - their Double the Difference policy was introduced last May. You should have been given €16.

Ah crap , but would I have had the right to argue if there was no sign stating the double the difference policy ?

Ah crap , but would I have had the right to argue if there was no sign stating the double the difference policy ?

No not really. Individual staff members might still be unaware of it but the manager would certainly be aware of it.
    It is Tescos official policy.

EDIT : Sorry I read your post as "would I have had to argue"

Yes you would have had the right to argue it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭uli84

as far as i know - this policy doesn't apply to 'reduced' items in their ''clearance'' sections, just to regular stuff on the shelves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

as far as i know - this policy doesn't apply to 'reduced' items in their ''clearance'' sections, just to regular stuff on the shelves

A reduced round steak had its old pricing sticker read at the till by mistake hence I had been given the wrong (earlier) discount. After walking away and realizing the mistake, I queried the receipt, got my money back (about 3 euro) plus got to keep the steak for free. So some form of compensation seems to apply also to clearance or bargain corner products.

psychward wrote: »
    A reduced round steak had its old pricing sticker read at the till by mistake hence I had been given the wrong (earlier) discount. After walking away and realizing the mistake, I queried the receipt, got my money back (about 3 euro) plus got to keep the steak for free. So some form of compensation seems to apply also to clearance or bargain corner products.

I think you were lucky. I find that if there is a problem with a reduced price label they just refund you the overcharge.

I also find that some reduced price labels don't scan properly and have to be imputed manually. (If one of the numbers has a side missing then it affects the bar-code reading too)

You need to very carefully examine any meat in their reduced price shelves. They often have items that are definitely not fit for human consumption.

BDJW wrote: »
    Good deal.

They have a deal going since before Christmas that matches this though.
    Normally a box of 20 300ml bottles is €20. They have a deal on since a few weeks before Christmas where they are selling 2 boxs for €30. 40 300ml bottles = 12,000ml.
    If you spend €30 on cans in this offer, you can pick up 24 cans. 24 500ml cans - 12,000ml!

And yes, I was bored earlier :p

With this deal you only have to spend a fiver. It's not bad getting 4 cans for a fiver.

P.S There was thread about the Bulmers bottle deal before christmas started by guess who?;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=76002486

but it is good to know it is still running

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭The Mulk

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.208-5111.aspx

3.49 euro in Tesco Celbridge, 15 sterling on Tesco direct. Not too bad with the holidays coming up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,939 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

brian_t wrote: »
    Yes Basq is correct - their Double the Difference policy was introduced last May. You should have been given €16.

didn't know about that at all but in tesco oranmore i bought
    three large mint crisps and the label said 39c but it scanned
    at 1.57
    i was given over 7 euro back for their mistake
    i was quite pleased with myself expecting half that amount

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,939 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

must add also that when i was in tesco galway yester that the label
    said 39c for tiffins and mint crisps
    I didn't do the dog on it despite being refunded in oranmore
    somebody might avail of these great offers :)
    won't happen in oranmore as they removed the label when they refunded me

mailburner wrote: »
    won't happen in oranmore as they removed the label when they refunded me

The label is usually brought to the Customers Services Desk to confirm the overcharge.
    So theoretically the Double the Difference refund will only happen once for that item in that shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The label is usually brought to the Customers Services Desk to confirm the overcharge.
    So theoretically the Double the Difference refund will only happen once for that item in that shop.
    I remember a few times they brought me to the shelf, I showed them the label and they never removed it. This was a few years ago with the full refund policy. Other times they did remove it -which left me wondering what happens with customers who were still shopping when I got the refund.

i.e. they might have gone back and claimed they were overcharged, I wondered if the customer service people would honour it, or make them go to the aisle and make out like there was no price up.

Lilt 2L is €1.50, not great but few other soft drinks are on offer right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

rubadub wrote: »
    ..i.e. they might have gone back and claimed they were overcharged, I wondered if the customer service people would honour it, or make them go to the aisle and make out like there was no price up.

It is illegal not to display the correct price on the shelf and they can and sometimes are prosecuted for this,. a fact that they may feign ignorance of.
    Have had same experiece.

Agreed 1.50 Lilt etc is hardly a bargain when its just a price you'd get from shopping around. Same for near sell-by produce. It's only going to be store specific, usually only on a specific day and a bit of a dice with ecoli.
    More real BAs pls:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

You need to very carefully examine any meat in their reduced price shelves. They often have items that are definitely not fit for human consumption.

Yeah for sure theres a lot of dodgy looking meat there and you have to be careful. I avoid the ones that look brown to dark brown and go for the steaks which still look red or pink.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement