Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭FatB

4x Duracell 1700mh Rechargeable AA batteries €3.25

Tesco Poleberry, Waterford City

WP_000123.jpg?psid=1

Bought 2, not seen them anywhere near this cheap since the hidden price cuts from last year.

Just noticed the blurry background on the pic, still had it on weird settings to do that deliberately, oh well :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,521 ✭✭✭✭Esel

FatB wrote: »
    4x Duracell 1700mh Rechargeable AA batteries €3.25
    1700mAh is not great these days, tbh.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

3 bottles of Santa rita white s b for 15 euro in carlow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

vicwatson wrote: »
    It's double the difference ooter. - €40.48 going to you !

very unlikely as product was never shown at lower prices on shelves anywhere from what I read here.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭FatB

Esel wrote: »
    1700mAh is not great these days, tbh.
    I find them great for most uses. 2200 are kept for my camera, 3 quid is a great price for 1700 tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Only

Got a white minichopper in Tesco Castlebar this morning for 6.75 ... last one there - 2 silver ones there scanning at full price.

Innocent juice is down to €1.39/l

Shaws ham family pack €2something

Big bag M&Ms half price
    Big bag malteasers and minstrels half price
    Chocolate Eclair sweets half price (€1.04 I think)
    Connaught Gold butter still 3 for 2
    Kerry Gold real butter €2

Very little in the toy aisles and seen the Christmas sweets up already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

I needed a kettel and came across a shelf full of these made by Breville ( spelling? )
    Dont know if they are any good ( the one I bought seems fine )

Olddog

P.S. ( For the Lazybones among us ) Clarehall :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭screamer

Leapfrog my Pal Scoutt €9.50 Tesco Monread Centre Naas
    Educational toy that is interactive, not just a teddy...... wrongly priced methinks
    Price in smyths: 23.99
    1st Christmas present bought- woohoo.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Its great to see the really good bargains reappear there was a dry spell for a good while. Going to try and get one of those kettles.

They have Tesco own brand Microwave/grill ovens for €35, they were previously €87. Only bought a new microwave (at double the price) a couple of weeks ago so was a bit :mad::( Have seen them in Mahon, Wilton and Midleton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Not much of a help since i cant remember the name of the champange, but Tesco Ballybeg have a €40 bottle of champange thats 2 for €25. Spoke to a manager and was told its the correct price so it may be everywhere.

Really cant remember the name though, something like st arboit maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Yawns wrote: »
    Soon?

On Sunday I popped into Tallaght branch tesco to get a couple of things and in the open area for specials as you walk in was the tins of sweets for christmas! On the seasonal aisle they have a few more christmas stuff like smarties in the christmas packaging. Not all the kids are even back to school and they have christmas **** out. Seriously need to lay the **** off with it.

Selection Boxes have arrived in our Tesco :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Karen23 wrote: »
    Selection Boxes have arrived in our Tesco :eek:

Yeah saw some in Tallaght branch too, such a shame :(

When I'm on the way home I'll prob be in Naas, I bet they are there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭rameire

0lddog wrote: »
    I needed a kettel and came across a shelf full of these made by Breville ( spelling? )
    Dont know if they are any good ( the one I bought seems fine )

Olddog

P.S. ( For the Lazybones among us ) Clarehall :P
    Just for info in naas they are showing at 19.99 they are brushed steel and come in a red and white box but are near the opticians. Model vkj473

The champagne is geogres d'albot champagne.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

In Cabra today and yes the Christmas stuff is out there too WHF this is mad we haven't even done Halloween yet (though I think it was the same last year!!). Feel a bit sick :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

as above

admittedly they are class 4

€12.99 tesco new ross

no cheap x360s or NDS btw

rameire wrote: »
    Just for info in naas they are showing at 19.99 they are brushed steel and come in a red and white box but are near the opticians. Model vkj473

Are they scanning at the lower price yes?

yes.
    they also have a few of the scout leapfrogs in Naas if you are looking for them.

yes.
    they also have a few of the scout leapfrogs in Naas if you are looking for them.

Cheers m8. I pop in on the way home but it might be a few days, so I may miss out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Plenty down there on sale thanks for the info, could you keep an eye on one for me though. Metroid Prime Trilogy, it was still €54.99 today, if this drops to €15 or €10 please let me know asap.

€15 now

Also €15 are mortal kombat, l.a. noire, gran turismo 5 & killzone 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

The champagne is geogres d'albot champagne.

Whats that about?

• Advertisement

Whats that about?

2 for 25 euro.
    the pricing shows them at 39.99 each.

Yawns wrote: »
    Cheers m8. I pop in on the way home but it might be a few days, so I may miss out.

if I knew I would have picked one up for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

ShaneU wrote: »
    €15 now

Also €15 are mortal kombat, l.a. noire, gran turismo 5 & killzone 3

God of war 3 is in there too for ps3 and bulletstorm ultimate edition for 360

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Tesco have some drink on offer..
    219661.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

♪ Deck the aisles with boughs of holly, Fa la la la la, la la la la.
    ♫ Tesco's the shop to be jolly, Fa la la la la, la la la la.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23 pmulv

KARCHER WV50 Window Vacuum Cleaner - Yellow. Half Price EUR 34.99 (Ashbourne)

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭fmul9798

For anyone that happens to buy 6 bottles of the champagne @ 2 for 25 euro, keep an eye on your receipt.
    I purchased 6, along with 2 other bottles of from the wine festival given that I would be getting the extra 5% off.
    The 5% off on the receipt is actually on the undiscounted champagne amount. In other words, 5% of the 6 x 39.99 rather than 5% of 75 euro
    Excellent discount, but sure to be noticed by Tesco soon.

2 for 25 euro.
    the pricing shows them at 39.99 each.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

fmul9798 wrote: »
    For anyone that happens to buy 6 bottles of the champagne @ 2 for 25 euro, keep an eye on your receipt.
    I purchased 6, along with 2 other bottles of from the wine festival given that I would be getting the extra 5% off.
    The 5% off on the receipt is actually on the undiscounted champagne amount. In other words, 5% of the 6 x 39.99 rather than 5% of 75 euro
    Excellent discount, but sure to be noticed by Tesco soon.

So all in, You could get 6 bottles of champagne worth 240 euro for 63 euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Well, it was never worth 39.99 really, but ignoring the "worth", yes.
    The item amount for each one shows up as 39.99
    Then multibuy discounts, first the 2 for 25 -164.94
    Then the 5% off, which is actually off the 39.99 pricem so 12 euro discount extra
    = 63 euro total for the 6 bottles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 brianc42

heineken in newcastlewest 500ml cans 24 for 24 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ferretcrazy

Tesco's in clarehall, 10kg bags of kids playsand was 3.99 down to 2.00 euro but scanning at 99 cent.

4 pk chunky Kit Kat €1.14 Half price

4 pk Toffee Crisp €1.29 Half price

In Wexford

snubbleste wrote: »
    ♪ Deck the aisles with boughs of holly, Fa la la la la, la la la la.
    ♫ Tesco's the shop to be jolly, Fa la la la la, la la la la.

Ah there'll be another knockdown beers sale before Christmas I think

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

Huggies carry pack usually €11.39 now down 1/3 off which should make it €7.59 is actually scanning at €2.99 in tesco lisduggan in Waterford today , shelf was cleared I got the last size 4 pack but there was 3x size 3s and 1x size 6 left at about 4 pm today ! I will be popping in tmw to see have they restocked and still scanning at €2.99 :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Thewife wrote: »
    Huggies carry pack usually €11.39 now down 1/3 off which should make it €7.59 is actually scanning at €2.99 in tesco lisduggan in Waterford today , shelf was cleared I got the last size 4 pack but there was 3x size 3s and 1x size 6 left at about 4 pm today ! I will be popping in tmw to see have they restocked and still scanning at €2.99 :-)

Wouldn't take the gift of them, I find them extremely unreliable, leaks galore (not a pretty sight) - although, €2.99 is low.

Lidl are the most reliable cheaper nappies around imo, 50 for €7 - the price stays the same (bar a reduction on the odd bargain saturday), so it's always comparable unlike the plethora of so called bargains that are offered on the twenty thousand slightly different types of nappies from the same manufacturers!!

• Advertisement

4 pk chunky Kit Kat €1.14 Half price

4 pk Toffee Crisp €1.29 Half price

In Wexford
    Managed to pick up the standard KitKats for €1.50 with 100% extra free. so 8 for €1.50 19 cent each

Thewife wrote: »

I just checked them in Arklow and the packs I tried on the price checker all scanned at the shelf price

AA and AAA Energiser batteries

There were none of these on the shelf in Arklow but the Shelf edge label was a reduced yellow label for €4 24 pack.. (just to point out again none on the display in Arklow!)
    IDShot_225x225.jpg

IDShot_225x225.jpg

Label for these said €2.75 again none on the display.

They show up on the Tesco website. Maybe a wild goose chase but worth having a look for them on the battery display

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Tomorrow: loads of toys being reduced, including vehicle Lego sets from €39.99 to €9.99. Barbies 70% off.

Lamaze baby toys 70%off.

Basically most of the toys that were on the shelves up until Tuesday are 70% off. Thay should be in a clearance area with the stationary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Only

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Tomorrow: loads of toys being reduced, including vehicle Lego sets from €39.99 to €9.99. Barbies 70% off.

Lamaze baby toys 70%off.

Basically most of the toys that were on the shelves up until Tuesday are 70% off. Thay should be in a clearance area with the stationary.

Is this in every Tescos? ... I saw them clearing all the Lamaze toys away the other day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 mrsfraw

Lamaze baby toys 70%off.

I checked Tesco Dooradoyle this morning, no toy reductions yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭dueaug

Hey no toys on reduction in Celbridge just yet! Got one of the Kenwood choppers for €6.75 though. There are a couple of silver ones at the front but if you lift them out you should find a couple of white ones hidden there;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭Fran79

Hi all
    Was in Tesco Ballybeg and on a stand near the newspapers they were selling off the 3 packs of white school shirts for €1.75 for short sleeved and €2.50 for long sleeved. Girls and boys - most sizes in stock (brought a pack for my son for next year to put away).

Didn't see them in Poleberry, so depends on store - didn't see any other school uniform related reductions yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭munsterleinster

Tesco's in clarehall, 10kg bags of kids playsand was 3.99 down to 2.00 euro but scanning at 99 cent.

Picked some up last night... 90kg (9bags) of sand definitely affects the maneuverability of a shopping trollie..

Innocent orange juice (900ml) going half price... got six if them but didn't seem to be much stock...

Champions league Goals 7 foot x 5 €8

Spotted these on the shelf in Arklow
    They were with a lot of reduced sports/ fitness items beside the suitcase.
    There were at least 4 on the shelf.

219837.jpg

219838.jpg

link to the Tesco UK website where they are £25
    http://www.tesco.com/direct/champions-league-7-x-5-metal-goal/211-9704.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=211-9704

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

brianc42 wrote: »
    heineken in newcastlewest 500ml cans 24 for 24 euro

24*500ml Guinness, Coors, Heineken, Bud all 24EUR in Clearwater.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Some of these bargains are great but the biggest problem is they are store specific in many cases, I'd fed up popping into my local Tesco or even phoning them as they never have a clue about these offers and in the vast majority of cases the alerts I'm interested in are not in my locality.

What I'd be interested in is the half price deals with clubcard vouchers they had a few years back, wonder if there is any sign of that on the horizon....

Sent me mate on a recky and there are no half price toys or cheap champagne in Wexford

There is a lot of the Champagne in Arklow.

So much that it is on display on the Floor in boxes at least 20 boxes of 6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Quaderno

Thanks! They did indeed have some very nice sets on offer in Tralee.
    We got the Pteranodon Tower (5883) and Raptor Chase (5884) boxes for €4.50 and €11.00 respectively, as well as the Police Dog Van (4441, €6.50) and Reds Water Rescue from the Cars 2 series (9484, €5.50). There were more (Heavy-Lift Helicopter, Space Shuttle, Super Heroes and others), but I think we bought enough Lego for one day :) The little one will love it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Quaderno wrote: »
    Thanks! They did indeed have some very nice sets on offer in Tralee.
    We got the Pteranodon Tower (5883) and Raptor Chase (5884) boxes for €4.50 and €11.00 respectively, as well as the Police Dog Van (4441, €6.50) and Reds Water Rescue from the Cars 2 series (9484, €5.50). There were more (Heavy-Lift Helicopter, Space Shuttle, Super Heroes and others), but I think we bought enough Lego for one day :) The little one will love it!

Had been in Douglas this morning but nothing had been marked down:( (Actually was quite a bit of bare shelf space so maybe the reduced lego was moved on elsewhere:rolleyes:) I scanned a few random things but nothing was reduced. Very tempted to head to another Tesco now with your list, my youngest would love the dinosaur lego and dog van.......*Gone* (fingers crossed they'll have something)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Jacobs Fig Rolls - 200g + 200g free - €1.00

Spotted this morning in Wilton. The main biscuit section has Special offer Jacobs 200g pack for €1.00, but these 100% extra packs are in a stand at the end of one of the dairy aisles, and they scan at €1.00

Yumm - they are nice and fresh too.

Note: there are also McVities Fig Rolls at 100% Extra Free for €1.59 or something.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement