Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭hairyairyfairy

hoodwinked wrote: »
    keep your receipts they can scan them and add the points when you do get them.

they will only allow you to scan ones that are less than 2 weeks old (not the previous 26 weeks which was in place until recently)

did you not get a temporary card off the initial application form?

i am still awaiting my replacement card nearly 12 months later, just a matter of time before the temporary one disintegrates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭chasm

dorkacle wrote: »
    Little Tikes Cars Cozy Coupe 2 €14, reduced from nearly €60! (2 cars in a box)

05213729000_20100507140250252?hei=315&wid=315&op_sharpen=1&resMode=sharp&op_usm=0.9,0.5,0,0

EDIT: (Saw them in Clarehall yesterday, 3 on the shelf)
    I think you only get 1 car in the box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

05213729000_20100507140250252?hei=315&wid=315&op_sharpen=1&resMode=sharp&op_usm=0.9,0.5,0,0

None left :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Evo move n groove scooter was €22 now €5.50 (tesco crescent sc limerick, but none left on shelf now)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Condatis wrote: »
    I bought two litres of Bushmills in Fleet Street for €40. The price of one bottle is €31, so the second litre cost me €9.

NB: Filled out a Club Card application for the third time in 12 months. I have still not received a Card. The first one I completed was around September 2011.

A member of staff told me that this is not unusual. We spend, on average, about €100 per week so would have missed out on quite a few points. Strange!

I had tried applying for a clubcard a few times and never received them. It was only when I used one of the temporary cards and put points on it before I actually ever received a plastic clubcard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

they will only allow you to scan ones that are less than 2 weeks old (not the previous 26 weeks which was in place until recently)

did you not get a temporary card off the initial application form?

i am still awaiting my replacement card nearly 12 months later, just a matter of time before the temporary one disintegrates

Keep all of your receipts, when your clubcard finally arrives take it, along with receipts, to Customer Service desk, they will put them on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,059 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

you have 2 weeks to claim clubcard points on a receipt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Tesco Douglas has lots of transformers figures (Optimus Prime & Bumblebee) for €3.99, down from €9.99. They're upstairs in baskets near the plates / cutlery section.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

as in the full size ones?? not just the toy ones?

Has anyone seen these available in either of the Galway, Ballinasloe, Roscommon or Athlone stores?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

Dairygold baking butter 250g c49 same price as Tesco own brand. Phibsborough today. PS no Kitkats 4 packs with 100% free left boo hoo ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

JBoyle4eva wrote: »
    Has anyone seen these available in either of the Galway, Ballinasloe, Roscommon or Athlone stores?

Roscommon doesn't have them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭kaahooters

tescos are selling the new kindel (the 69£ one) for 89€ atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 987 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

I really am sick as a bleedin' dog. I bought one of these yesterday for 56.99 in Smyths. Came home looked at boards and low and behold. It's not even funny. I have checked Carlow and Naas and no sign of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,521 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I really am sick as a bleedin' dog. I bought one of these yesterday for 56.99 in Smyths. Came home looked at boards and low and behold. It's not even funny. I have checked Carlow and Naas and no sign of them
    Bring it back for a refund?

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    Bring it back for a refund?

Yeah but I still need one , regardless for the big lad in December

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Yeah but I still need one , regardless for the big lad in December[/QUOTE
    Im on the lookout for one as well, If i see them i will pick up an extra one. If you dont want it im sure it wont be long before someone else would for 14 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

you have 2 weeks to claim clubcard points on a receipt

Just pick a few out of the trollies that say 'you could have earned X points' and bring them in :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ILoveBargains

Amazon have it reduced to £35 at the mo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

moodrater wrote: »
    Just pick a few out of the trollies that say 'you could have earned X points' and bring them in :pac:

Genius!! would this work???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

Tesco Clare Hall

Green Giant sweetcorn Original with peppers (large tin): 59 cents. Must be a pricing error
    Also Green Giant baby corn 77 cents

They also have some of the Tilda rice pouches for 1.14€, or 2 for 4€. Some are 2.29€ or 2 for 4€ so I guess it's an error. I got the coconut one for 1.14€

Courgettes (3 pack) for 59 cents. Grown in Ireland. Real bargain

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Foxes Jam/Cream Biscuits..1 euro 19 cents

Buy 1 get 1 free.

Tesco Clarehall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Just back from Tesco Dooradoyle and noticed they have the Big Night In promotion back although this time its called Mega Movie Night and the price is now €20.

They have also gone back to the Chicago Town Takeaway pizza and you can add a tub of Magnum ice cream, a DVD and either 12 pack of soft drink or 6 bottles of beer, bottle of wine or pre mix cans.

You can see more details and the DVDs on the back of their Price News mag:
    http://www.tesco.ie/pricenews/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Picked up one of them stupid washing up liquid things today in mahon :mad::rolleyes: I don't know why I buy things like that! The refills are good value at 75c though so might pick up a good few more of them. Also got one of them silly air freshener things:( Very little remaining stationery bargains which have moved to the ends of the toy ailses near the books.
    Mars/Malteasers/Twix etc mini packs all half price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Only

Tesco own brand Water & Sand Table reduced from €18ish to €5 ... got one and one more left in Castlebar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,721 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Anyone see them elsewhere, like Galway/Oranmore/Athlone/Kinegead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭kazzer

Duracell Rechargeable 4 pack AA batteries 1700mAh, €3.75, Tesco Nutgrove.
    About 6+ packs left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Just picked up a shiny red "Tesco drinks Bottle" for 17c in tesco, ok I bought 2 (currently 3 left on the shelf - Balbriggan 3pm Sunday upstairs). There are shiny blue ones beside it but they are listed as 5 Euro.

There was no special yellow sticker, there was just the normal white aisle label.

They are exactly like this picture only in shiny red alumimun and the label says "drinks bottle".

701%5C5051898747701%5CIDShot_225x225.jpg

P.S. was there looking for a cheap decent quality set of cutulery so if anyone spots a set on offer please post it here thank - you :)

Yes, got 3 of them in Clare Hall. A few on the shelf, just beside all the lunch boxes, etc.

17c each is a steal (not literally !!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

bucks73 wrote: »
    Just back from Tesco Dooradoyle and noticed they have the Big Night In promotion back although this time its called Mega Movie Night and the price is now €20.

They have also gone back to the Chicago Town Takeaway pizza and you can add a tub of Magnum ice cream, a DVD and either 12 pack of soft drink or 6 bottles of beer, bottle of wine or pre mix cans.

You can see more details and the DVDs on the back of their Price News mag:
    http://www.tesco.ie/pricenews/

This offer was good at €15, but not sure it's great at €20. Can't open the list as I'm on an iPhone, but have a problem with Tesco increasing the price of the offer by a whopping 33.33% when we all know they're getting the companies to fund these offers anyway........

Would happily pay €20 if I can take a blu ray if you're reading this Tesco Customer Service dept!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Totally agree. I would have taken it today had it been €15 but decided against it. You are probably saving a couple of euro at most on this offer but nowhere near as good as previous offers. Plenty of people are asking the same thing on their FB page without any replies from Tesco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Anyone see any more of these in Dublin stores ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

saw an item on watchdog (bbc) tonight slating tescodirect for offering heavily discounted items(electricals/toys etc) and not honouring the sale to the people that ordered online as the order would ultimately get cancelled. they mentioned the karcher power washer as one of the items - i know i got one discounted during the summer, as did other boardsies ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

This offer was good at €15, but not sure it's great at €20. Can't open the list as I'm on an iPhone, but have a problem with Tesco increasing the price of the offer by a whopping 33.33% when we all know they're getting the companies to fund these offers anyway........

Would happily pay €20 if I can take a blu ray if you're reading this Tesco Customer Service dept!
    Totally agree. I would have taken it today had it been €15 but decided against it. You are probably saving a couple of euro at most on this offer but nowhere near as good as previous offers. Plenty of people are asking the same thing on their FB page without any replies from Tesco.

The offer now includes any top ten dvd, (the avengers costs €18.99 alone). In the €15 deal the dvds were older titles no longer in the chart, that's why it's €20 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

donnacha wrote: »
    saw an item on watchdog (bbc) tonight slating tescodirect for offering heavily discounted items(electricals/toys etc) and not honouring the sale to the people that ordered online as the order would ultimately get cancelled. they mentioned the karcher power washer as one of the items - i know i got one discounted during the summer, as did other boardsies ...

The items they were referring to were online, not in store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

You could have picked up in your local store.
    Wasn't a great reply from Tesco about it.
    Campany makes millions, they could spend a few quid of that
    on a proper computer system.

Karen23 wrote: »
    Anyone see any more of these in Dublin stores ?

No but they are gone down in price in smyths from €59 to 39 , the day after I bought one:mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Tesco have a half price offer on their own branded sweeping brushes for the house, originally 7 Euro and now 3.50. Tesco on Roxboro Road limk.

Tis the cheap plastic type but does the job grand :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

ShaneU wrote: »

The offer now includes any top ten dvd, (the avengers costs €18.99 alone). In the €15 deal the dvds were older titles no longer in the chart, that's why it's €20 now.

Hmmm, not 100% sure on that. Can't remember the full list last tine around but the remake of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo was in the last offer and it was just out and in the Top 10 at the time.

Even still, I keep going back to the fact that they've increased the price of this offer by 33.33% on what was a very successful promotion anyway, likely just to get more money through the till. I'd happily pay €20 if you could take a BR, but for a DVD which you can get much cheaper through amazon etc, i'll be keeping my money in my pocket on this one. Just seems a bit greedy to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Hmmm, not 100% sure on that. Can't remember the full list last tine around but the remake of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo was in the last offer and it was just out and in the Top 10 at the time.

Even still, I keep going back to the fact that they've increased the price of this offer by 33.33% on what was a very successful promotion anyway, likely just to get more money through the till. I'd happily pay €20 if you could take a BR, but for a DVD which you can get much cheaper through amazon etc, i'll be keeping my money in my pocket on this one. Just seems a bit greedy to me.

I got this a couple of times when it was €15 i know i got bridesmaids when it was first out, cant remember what else i got but have to agree putting it up to €20 is greedy.
    Here is the last thread about it with the full list of dvds
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056576491

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Condatis

recyclebin wrote: »
    I had tried applying for a clubcard a few times and never received them. It was only when I used one of the temporary cards and put points on it before I actually ever received a plastic clubcard.

I have put points on three temporary Cards and have never received the actual card. The temporary cards just fade away or get lost.

Staff have told me that it not unusual for people not to receive their cards. The first registration I completed was a year ago – the most recent last week.

As I said above we spend about €100 per week, on average, in Tesco. So there are a lot of points that we will never get credit for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭CH3OH

43975-MorphyRichards.jpg

222221.jpg

None left in Arklow, but may be available in other stores

Also Toaster in Red (44206) or Brushed stainless steel (44208) for €12
    222223.jpg
    44208-MorphyRichards.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

Just got SimAnimals Africa for the Wii reduced from 49.99 to 10euro, and some Littlest Pet Shop trios down from 8 something to 1.75-they have 3 different sets at the minute

Both in Tesco Letterkenny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭CH3OH

222230.jpg

These were marked down from €15 :eek::eek: to €3.50 in Arklow (clearance section) . A lot of different fragrances. Obviously not selling so they have gone to clearance.

Tesco Range of candles also reduced, including large citronella 3 wick outdoor candles for €3.50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

CH3OH wrote:
    43975-MorphyRichards.jpg

222221.jpg

None left in Arklow, but may be available in other stores

Also Toaster in Red (44206) or Brushed stainless steel (44208) for €12
    222223.jpg
    44208-MorphyRichards.jpg

Thanks for this. Picked up a kettle and two of the toasters in tesco nenagh. The black finish toasters were a tenner each too. Spotted the kettle in red but it was scanning full price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

CH3OH wrote: »
    These were marked down from €15 :eek::eek: to €3.50 in Arklow (clearance section) . A lot of different fragrances. Obviously not selling so they have gone to clearance.

Tesco Range of candles also reduced, including large citronella 3 wick outdoor candles for €3.50

I was just in there an hour ago myself and was going to post about these :)

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭baz15

Anyone know if Tesco are going to stock the ultimate edition of FIFA and if they are what price they are selling it at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Just picked up a pink Ipad 2 smart cover , genuine Apple for 9.99 . There was one more left in Naas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

Anyone know if there's any left. Would be great for my almost 1yr old..

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭imfml

25% off wine when you buy 6 bottles or more, and includes already discounted bottles in their Wine Festival. Just stocked up for December online and used a 10euro online discount voucher they emailed me too. Don't even have to carry it home and made a massive saving on my usual December (don't mention the 'C' word) wine buys. Thankfully I have to will power to save it until then, unlike with chocolate...!

Offer valid until Oct 2nd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

imfml wrote: »
    25% off wine when you buy 6 bottles or more, and includes already discounted bottles in their Wine Festival. Just stocked up for December online and used a 10euro online discount voucher they emailed me too. Don't even have to carry it home and made a massive saving on my usual December (don't mention the 'C' word) wine buys. Thankfully I have to will power to save it until then, unlike with chocolate...!

Offer valid until Oct 2nd.

Thread already here -

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056766109

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

imfml wrote: »
    ... Just stocked up for December online and used a 10euro online discount voucher they emailed me too. ...

What's the €10 discount? Was it sent to you because you shop tesco.ie regularly and is there a minimum spend?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement