Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Oatfield orange chocolates 150g €2.27 57c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

snubbleste wrote: »

*Nearly* tempted to go to a Tesco over the next few days to try and get a few bags of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭erie

Brita Maxtra Cartridges 6 Pack at half price €17.00

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Tweedle Dumb

Tesco Oranmore
    Pear flavoured Mickey Finns normally sells bout 12 euro or a tenner, down to 5 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

2imb347.jpg

16jfuwh.jpg

Midleton today.
    Think I got the last radio but loads of speakers there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

^^very unusual for Midleton to have any deals of any sort! Great bargains there. Well Done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Holding your fresh stuff in you trolley wont work it will have to have a yellow sticker.

Store that close for St Stephen's day will have better reduction, for example of 150 units of party food prawn trays are going out of date on the 26th of dec, then they will have to be reduced on x-mas eve, on a normal week the 150 would just be sold at 70 per day and maybe 10 reduced with yellow labels.

Stores that will be open on St Stephen's day will have less reduction on xmas eve but may have more on the 26th.

It all goes on date, just because its xmas eve it doesnt mean they will sell off a turkey with 3 days left on it.

Best I got was a whole salmon for €5 a few years ago before the local store started opening on the 26th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Holding your fresh stuff in you trolley wont work it will have to have a yellow sticker.

Store that close for St Stephen's day will have better reduction, for example of 150 units of party food prawn trays are going out of date on the 26th of dec, then they will have to be reduced on x-mas eve, on a normal week the 150 would just be sold at 70 per day and maybe 10 reduced with yellow labels.

Stores that will be open on St Stephen's day will have less reduction on xmas eve but may have more on the 26th.

It all goes on date, just because its xmas eve it doesnt mean they will sell off a turkey with 3 days left on it.

Best I got was a whole salmon for €5 a few years ago before the local store started opening on the 26th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭donegal_man

snubbleste wrote: »

Don't want to sound like a grinch but I wouldn't have those if they were giving them away since Zed candy closed the Oatfield factory in Letterkenny and moved production to England

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭crayon80

Someone ahead of me in the queue had a spend €50 get €10 off voucher!! Anyone know where to get these? It looked like a leaflet but could have been a page from a booklet or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭matchthis

crayon80 wrote: »
    Someone ahead of me in the queue had a spend €50 get €10 off voucher!! Anyone know where to get these? It looked like a leaflet but could have been a page from a booklet or something.

We got one in the post. Kilcullen, Kildare. Not even a club card member

• Registered Users Posts: 45 rachelcork

stacexD wrote: »
    2imb347.jpg

16jfuwh.jpg

Midleton today.
    Think I got the last radio but loads of speakers there

All gone today
    just back from there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

rachelcork wrote: »
    All gone today
    just back from there

thats a great deal,bargain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

crayon80 wrote: »

Sound like staff vouchers . Instead of a Xmas bonus , staff get a little book of tokens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭sassa

definitely not a staff thing got one in the post last week they were valid until the 19th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

Yep, got those vouchers too. A certain amount off when you spend over 50euros. There was 1 voucher for each of the last 4 weeks.

Also no digital radios in ennis

bri007 wrote: »

thats a great deal,bargain
    I'm trying to save people a trip

No need for the sarcasm

No need for the sarcasm

you took me up wrong,I wasnt being sarcastic,I was just saying you got a good deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

No need for the sarcasm

Was planning on heading to Midleton tonight thanks Rachel.

Did you see any printer ink reduced there?

Printer ink reduced to €1.25 in Tesco paul street all different kinds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

not a massive bargain but they have 4 for €1 on some fruit/veg type stuff online so assume instore. included are honeydew melons and asparagus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭Cats.Whiskers

rubadub wrote: »
    As its in your trolley it is 'reserved' so you are not battling with the grabbers. .

I was there last year with my dad and got a few punnets of grapes, a turkey crown and a reduced to clear ham - All 70% off.

We turned our back on the trolley and the turkey and ham were "nicked" by another shopper. I spotted the shopper at the tills with her family and questioned why did they take my stuff - they all suddenly became mute - then I became very embarrased about my own behaviour.

Good luck to you all in the meat section - I'll be giving it a miss this year

Claremorris: My Little Pony Princess Celestica is marked reduced to €17.99 on the shelf, but is scanning at €5.50. About 8 or 9 of them left. MLP Princess Cadence is reduced to €17.99, but she is still €24.49 in my local favourite toystore, so she is still a bargain. HTH.

I was there last year with my dad and got a few punnets of grapes, a turkey crown and a reduced to clear ham - All 70% off.

We turned our back on the trolley and the turkey and ham were "nicked" by another shopper. I spotted the shopper at the tills with her family and questioned why did they take my stuff - they all suddenly became mute - then I became very embarrased about my own behaviour.

Good luck to you all in the meat section - I'll be giving it a miss this year

people are unreal,i hope the turkey and ham they got tastes awful:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭dunworth1

anyone ever see Bluetooth headphones in Tesco?

Lucozade citrus clear scanning at 24c for 380ml in Tesco Extra Naas. I took all 8 bottles tonight but they might restock for tomorrow.

Lucozade citrus clear scanning at 24c for 380ml in Tesco Extra Naas. I took all 8 bottles tonight but they might restock for tomorrow.

Thats your hangover cure sorted :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

43 inch samsung plasma 469 369
    Toshiba 42 inch lcd 499 449
    Seen in coonagh, not sure how good a deal it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NTC

phill106 wrote: »

Your 3rd photo, I am pretty sure that was 299 in Oranmore before Christmas, I could be wrong and gave no idea of the model, but they had a 32" Samsung for 299.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

NTC wrote: »
    Your 3rd photo, I am pretty sure that was 299 in Oranmore before Christmas, I could be wrong and gave no idea of the model, but they had a 32" Samsung for 299.

I think you are right, I just took photos of supposed sale items :)
    I think the inlaws got the same tv for the same price too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

these are in Greystones too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

Currys have the same Samsung on sale too at €399
    Toshiba is an end of line model going for €379 in HN, €399 in powercity and also in DID for €420

Samsung PLASMA has better refresh rate, probably better brand of the 2 also.
    Sadly she's not full hd and only has 2 hdmi ports whereas Toshiba is full hd, runs saorview and has 4 hdmi.

For size and functionality, Toshiba for €379 isn't all that bad, TBH. :cool:
    http://www.harveynorman.ie/toshiba-40bv712b.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭MJ434

norbert64 wrote: »
    Toshiba is an end of line model going for €379 in HN, €399 in powercity and also in DID for €420

Sadly she's not full hd and only has 2 hdmi ports whereas Toshiba is full hd, runs saorview and has 4 hdmi.

Is it just me or is Harvey Normans site down??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Full he lg 42" in currys for 399

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

MJ434 wrote: »
    Is it just me or is Harvey Normans site down??
    Down for me as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Anyone know if they have Farcry 3 for sale in Tesco in Coonagh or are they all sold out?

Chavways wrote: »
    Anyone know if they have Farcry 3 for sale in Tesco in Coonagh or are they all sold out?

half price in xtra vision, theres a thread on here about iy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

dave1982 wrote: »
    half price in xtra vision, theres a thread on here about iy

Its sold out in every xtra vision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

norbert64 wrote: »

Disagree. Toshiba is 50hz so sports will show shadows. Plasma wins for me.

• Advertisement

Few of the speakers for 61c back in midleton great value but say you better be fast selling fast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Thats probably usually the case, but I had said in that post
    It is not like it has to be relabeled with those yellow stickers, it is often done automatically (though you will see stuff with the yellow labels too).
    I expect many mainly do the stickers too, I have seen this blanket announcement with no stickers a few times before, not just christmas eve
    wmpdd3 wrote: »

Mine was open stephens day. on 24th there must have been about 40-50 regular fresh turkeys down to €10 from I think €28-20. And about 10-15 finest organic free range ones down to about €15 depending on weight.

I am not sure of use by dates, where I did see them they were all reduced, with the stickers.

Thing is they might have no hope of selling turkey after christmas, so sell it off regardless of date. I expect they have very little demand for it during the year, and expect people would be sick of it right after christmas. Its a pretty crap meat in fairness, its like its almost taboo to mention it, but I can understand the lack of demand. Many people seem delighted if their turkey ends up palatable! its like they are presuming the worst and not expecting much. Of course some will go on about cooking it right and that it is grand meat, but how many times do those people buy one during the year? and if you say that's because its big & takes long to cook -well that's part & parcel of the crapiness of it. I don't think I have ever heard of comments along the lines of "wow, I forgot how great turkey is, maybe we should get one next month when all those people are coming over".

Of course it is a risk to bet there will be turkey on offer on the last day, but many could not care less, its not like you would go hungry, shops have other things. I wish my mother would take "the risk" and lose, and have to get an alternative for about the same price, say a nice rib eye steak or decent free range chicken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

1/3 off plastic food containers, Half price winterwarm duvets ( €22) and sets of two pillows (€11), half price kenwood food processor (€55)

This kodak printer is €150, supposedly €70 off http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kodak-Office-Hero-6-1-Printer/dp/B005J3ID7A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1356611642&sr=8-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

not exactly a bargain per se, but was in Dun Laoghaire branch today and saw 6 pk of Pepsi for €2, went to self service, scanned at €4.19.
    paid for it, and then went to customer services, invoked their double the difference policy, got myself free pepsi AND 38c.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

I thought they got rid of that I bought a toblerone that was supposed to be €2.49 but scanned at €4.99 I went to customer service and only got the advertised price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

liamnojo92 wrote: »
    I thought they got rid of that I bought a toblerone that was supposed to be €2.49 but scanned at €4.99 I went to customer service and only got the advertised price.

did you actually pay for it and then go to customer service, or did you alert customer service before paying? if it was the latter then they just have to honour the correct price, if it was the former they should refund you.

• Advertisement

I had to go to the desk and specifically asked "does that mean i get it or something "just trying my luck and she said no we don't do that anymore,maybe she pocketed my 2.49 lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

yeah, but did you pay and then go to the desk or did you just ask her before paying?

I payed first, noticed the wrong price then went to the customer service desk.I used the self service so there was no cashier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

maybe it has changed and I got lucky with who I dealt with?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

They seemed to have changed the policy months ago but some stores offer different policies or the staff just don't know / care very much. My bet is on the latter.

Just as a note how did you get double the difference if all you got was the cans for free and 38c? Was it a typo? You should have got 4.38 and free cans if it was double the difference.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement