Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭kn

I think people should be specific about Tesco 'bargains' in their postings because every Tesco store has a 'clearance' section that contains stock that that specific store is getting rid of for one reason and another and are not nationwide selling prices. If people state clearly that the reduced price item was in a specific store's clearance section as distinct from being at a generally available discounted price then that will save people going around to different store's like blue ar$ed flies thinking that the product they read was on sale at some other store was generally available when that may not be the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭PlanIT Computing

Thomas take and play quarry set was €30 in tescos Clearwater - got the last one - one of the better sets.

Think it's €50 in Smyths

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Pyrex Flan Tin

€0.84c

Tesco Ardkeen, in the reduced item section beside inks. White SEL.

I think they were about €9 starting off.

thank you for that I got the second last one today in Arklow :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

franer1970 wrote: »
    In Navan, 4 x 415g Heinz Baked Beans cans €1.77
    Six pack was €4.99, by way of comparison.
    415g is the "standard" sized can by the way.

The 4 x 415g pack were €1.77 in Wilton today also, even though tesco.ie states the price as being €3.55 still. Very good value if a single tin is 95c!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

thank you for that I got the second last one today in Arklow :D

the feckers must have put more out because there were none over the last few days when i was looking for them. where are they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Just to ad that the name of the store and the location of the bargain is handy, but also, if you have the barcode for the item you can get the people on the customer service desk to check if it is in stock. So if your local store doesnt have the stock, dont give up!

The stock will be the same price in all stores, as long as it doesnt have its own yellow label stuck to the item.

Just to ad that the name of the store and the location of the bargain is handy, but also, if you have the barcode for the item you can get the people on the customer service desk to check if it is in stock. So if your local store doesnt have the stock, dont give up!

The stock will be the same price in all stores, as long as it doesnt have its own yellow label stuck to the item.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

depends on the store id say, Tesco douglas have no stock checker, (or at least that is what the staff insist if you ask them if something is in stock)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

hoodwinked wrote: »
    depends on the store id say, Tesco douglas have no stock checker, (or at least that is what the staff insist if you ask them if something is in stock)

The in store computers have that facility, the one where the staff print out their pricing tags. A staff member will have to use it though. They always check for me in my local store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

kn wrote: »
    I think people should be specific about Tesco 'bargains' in their postings because every Tesco store has a 'clearance' section that contains stock that that specific store is getting rid of for one reason and another and are not nationwide selling prices. If people state clearly that the reduced price item was in a specific store's clearance section as distinct from being at a generally available discounted price then that will save people going around to different store's like blue ar$ed flies thinking that the product they read was on sale at some other store was generally available when that may not be the case.

Oh and can we stop with the line "I got the last one" too?

This doesn't help fellow boardsies at all if it's a Tesco bargain but eh there's none left :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

Big reductions on baby food, nappies and baby stuff in general starting this morning in the power isle in Naas Extra .

vicwatson wrote: »

This doesn't help fellow boardsies at all if it's a Tesco bargain but eh there's none left :rolleyes:

it does help actually, by stopping you going to that particular store when there is none left there.
    The in store computers have that facility, the one where the staff print out their pricing tags. A staff member will have to use it though. They always check for me in my local store.

really? i've asked about products loads of times in Douglas and they shrug and say "we've no way of seeing whats in stock out the back"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

it does help actually, by stopping you going to that particular store when there is none left there.

But not if your the one saying "blah is reduced to €0.00 but I got the last one"

dickwod1 wrote: »
    But not if your the one saying "blah is reduced to €0.00 but I got the last one"

but remember people have access to an estimated 4 or 5 tesco stores,

by saying the above you are telling people that the product is reduced but gone from store A, so try B, C, D & E.

by the way Tesco Douglas are selling clothes rails for €10 they can usually be up to €15-€20 elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

vicwatson wrote: »

It does help fellow boardsies. Someone might have taken the last one from some Tesco in Galway but I may find several in Tesco in Midleton or Wilton. Often in other stores items might not be marked at the reduced price so without someone (who took the last one somewhere else) posting about it, I wouldn't know about it. Apart from the stickered clearance items that someone mentioned most items are reduced nationwide

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

brokenarms wrote: »
    Big reductions on baby food, nappies and baby stuff in general starting this morning in the power isle in Naas Extra .

Any idea of how much off on the baby stuff. Things like SMA tins of baby formula? Someone on the baby bargain thread said there wasn't much off any of the baby stuff at all.

€3 of stairgates for example. That's a poor reduction when argos are knocking a fair bit off. According to the other thread the tins are about €10 which is about 50c off the price before xmas and still less than a €1 off normal price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Yawns wrote: »
    Any idea of how much off on the baby stuff. Things like SMA tins of baby formula? Someone on the baby bargain thread said there wasn't much off any of the baby stuff at all.

Apparently they've an agreement not to compete on the price of formula, which is why they all raise the price of it at the same time!!! Anyone know the definition of 'cartel' btw?

€3 of stairgates for example. That's a poor reduction when argos are knocking a fair bit off. According to the other thread the tins are about €10 which is about 50c off the price before xmas and still less than a €1 off normal price.

Keep an eye on the stair gates, we picked up a lindam pink bed rail (retail price €20est0
    for €5 once the blue ones were full price. they tend to do things like that.
    Glenbhoy wrote: »
    Apparently they've an agreement not to compete on the price of formula, which is why they all raise the price of it at the same time!!! Anyone know the definition of 'cartel' btw?

i think that they cannot reduce the price of Formula or do offers on it, or promote it if its for under 3's, its something to do with breastfeeding and promoting formula discouraging it or something.

its not a cartel its just child health.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Keep an eye on the stair gates, we picked up a lindam pink bed rail (retail price €20est0
    for €5 once the blue ones were full price. they tend to do things like that.

i think that they cannot reduce the price of Formula or do offers on it, or promote it if its for under 3's, its something to do with breastfeeding and promoting formula discouraging it or something.

its not a cartel its just child health.

I understand that the theory is that they don't want to encourage formula over breast feeding, but price rigging isn't the best way to achieve such results,
    Aptamil was €9.75 when I first encountered it 3 years ago and is now €12.15, it has never dropped in price in my experience and is always

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

the feckers must have put more out because there were none over the last few days when i was looking for them. where are they?

they were in the kitchen aisle towards the back - there's no price on the shelf so I checked it on the price checker where the saucepans & pots & stuff are - last one might hopefully still be there for you next time you're in :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Aptamil was €9.75 when I first encountered it 3 years ago and is now €12.15, it has never dropped in price in my experience and is always

€1.50 off some of the Aptamil range today in tesco & one third off nappies. The new range of baby wipes are down to 95c fom €1.05

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

dickwod1 wrote: »

Asking Customer services is handy. Many bargains don't even make it onto the shelves because they're stuck on shelf in the warehouse for the last year or two.

Missed a couple of back up hard drive yokes in Eason and Tesco recently. Neither of them were ever on display. Someone asked before me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Anyone know the definition of 'cartel' btw?

Definition of a Cartel - its only a racket if your not involved!! (why is that stuck in my head? Where did i see that? )
    The new range of baby wipes are down to 95c fom €1.05

Well thats aload of bollix down 10 cent from 1.05 to 95 ... They were always 95 cent... So they change the packaging and bump up the price 10 cent.... What a shower of runts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Just to help Tesco have
    4 packs of Crunchie, Flake, Dairy Milk and Wispa at €1.21 until 29 Jan

from today until 30th
    4 pack of Mars bars € 1.37
    4 pack of Bounty bars € 1.34
    4 pack of Galaxy bars € 1.39

From tomorrow until 30th
    4 pack of Galaxy Bubbles € 1.39

To help you can down them with 2 L of Sprite Zero
    from today until 30th €1.14
    Normal Sprite is also €1.14

Something completely different
    Pampers new born nappies size 1 50 pack
    IDShot_225x225.jpg

on offer at €4.49 until 02 Feb
    Looks like they used an old image of a Pampers pack with 54 nappies! (The shrinking pampers packs)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 332 ✭✭KathleenF

Wengerr luggage clearing in Cabra, wash bags €5.50, briefcase trolley €36, backpack€12 & messenger bag €14.

Edit - wenger no webber

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kevvv

The cost of delivering has only gone up in recent years with the extra costs associated with the cost of diesel ect. That a long with many other factors is where the price increase has come from. Not a "cartel"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭BeerSteakBirds

KathleenF wrote: »
    Wengerr luggage clearing in Cabra, wash bags €5.50, briefcase trolley €36, backpack€12 & messenger bag €14.

Edit - wenger no webber

I saw that . They were selling really cheap in tesco northside and clare hall too. Just shows how collecting all those stamps a few months ago for half price luggage was a waste of time. They are like Arthur Daly wheeler dealers just trying to offload them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Double post!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Purfect putt (like gator golf ) reduced from €13.99 to €3 in Drogheda excellent for birthday presents for the kiddies parties through out the year :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Picked up one of the 89cent flan dishes today, thanks to whoever posted it. Plenty left in Douglas, they're on a shelf upstairs just to the left of all the rest of the roasting tins and things like that, beside a load of thermos flasks, no price ticket but scanning at 89c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Tesco are giving a free 2013 Diary when you buy 2 keeling berry punnets.

Did a free sports bottle deal during the summer with 2 punnets but if you brought it to the self service check out it scanned at €0.01 without the punnets.

Could be a cheap diary for boardies, haven't tried it myself yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

squod wrote: »
    The new range of baby wipes are down to 95c fom €1.05

I know someone already said about how it's stupid that a new packaging so they upped the price to 1.05 to bring it back to 95 in a sale. However over the last few weeks before this 'sale' I was only ever charged .95 for the wipes in the new packaging. In both Naas and Tallaght. I never once saw it for €1.05 nor was I charged for it. I got a few packs over last 2 weeks all at 95c with no baby sale / reductions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭grange mac

KathleenF wrote: »

Edit - wenger no webber

Any of these in cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭God Father

I rang and asked Wilton and Douglas yesterday and both said long gone.

Odd, all the wagner luggage was sent back.

IDShot_225x225.jpg

There's an old pack as above of these scanning at €1.34, yellow label, says Reduced to clear. I got some in Lisduggan, Waterford. But the new pack, I think its gren is scanning at €2.69.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

More off-topic chat removed...

.. regardless of this "horse meat debacle", discuss it elsewhere!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

twix/mars/snickers 4 packs are 1.37
    bounty 4 pack 1.34
    valid from 14/1/2013 until 30/1/2013

all full size

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭hairyairyfairy

Still some of the flan dishes in Maynooth, no price label with them, but scanning @ 89c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

Lyons Gold Label tea bags 80 pack €2 - not labeled as being on special but in comparison, 40 pack are €2.59 and 160 pack are €7.35, so certainly cheaper! Same price on Tesco website, again not showing as a special price, so possibly a mistake. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Libera wrote: »
    Lyons Gold Label tea bags 80 pack €2 - not labeled as being on special but in comparison, 40 pack are €2.59 and 160 pack are €7.35, so certainly cheaper! Same price on Tesco website, again not showing as a special price, so possibly a mistake. ;)
    No, it is a special offer until 27/01

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

they upped the price to 1.05 to bring it back to 95 in a sale. However over the last few weeks before this 'sale' I was only ever charged .95 for the wipes in the new packaging.

That practise is illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭stirliz

Tesco baby wipes have been .95 as long as i can remember :D .
    And is is CHEAPER to buy them individually then in 4 packs :rolleyes:

The item has to be on sale for 28 days previously to be a reduction, atleast that applies to clothes in a sale. I didnt see the price changed to €1.05. The labels just seem to say 'new' not reduced and are still 95c. Maybe I missed something. BUT the 4 pack was always 3.89, but they are now 3.99, so cheaper to buy 4 single packs.....

http://solent.photoshelter.com/image/I0000uNCsl3jf4kg

Anyway, the Tesco Christmas Crisps are out of date this week, so any store with them left over will have them yellow stickered and as they are already 49c, they should be reduced to half nuthin! To me they were the best crisps Tesco did all year. The usual Handcooked crisps are so hard you jaws get tired eating them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

Christmas chocolates still half price at Tesco Clare Hall. Wonder when they will really clear them? They usually go down to very, very cheap and the whole shelf is gone within a few days.

Condensed milk 1.64€. The unsweetened one is at 97 cents.

Just to give people the heads up i just picked up the last two 89c Flan cases in tesco douglas there today....

they do however have that new flora baking margarine liquid (in the bottle) at half price for anyone thinking of baking!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭Straycat

CH3OH wrote: »

Something completely different
    Pampers new born nappies size 1 50 pack
    IDShot_225x225.jpg

on offer at €4.49 until 02 Feb
    Looks like they used an old image of a Pampers pack with 54 nappies! (The shrinking pampers packs)

anyone actually able to source these? tried 4 stores in waterford, no joy, not even a shelf label.

The large pack of no. 1 is discontinued with ages, atleast since last Sept.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭Straycat

Thanks for that,saves me trouping round any more stores. cant figure out why would tesc* put it up as a half price offer on the .ie website! (its gone off it now)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭CH3OH

The large pack of no. 1 is discontinued with ages, atleast since last Sept.

236619.jpg

Took the above earlier tonight in Arklow, 10 packs on the shelf
    (maybe only in larger stores?)

They have rearranged the layout and they are not with the smaller packs of newborn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

CH3OH wrote: »
    236619.jpg

Took the above earlier tonight in Arklow, 10 packs on the shelf
    (maybe only in larger stores?)

They have rearranged the layout and they are not with the smaller packs of newborn

A few in Naas as well.

Readybed single camping beds are reduced to clear at 11 euro. 3 left.
    Gelert adventure trekking poles reduced from 39 to 8.50. 4 pairs left
    Wenger toilet bags reduced from 24 euro to 5.50. over 20 left
    Fire man sam Activity wheel down from 20 to 3.75 loads left
    J&J baby bedtime powder 400g half off at 1.57e loads left.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement