Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭bargainbucket

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Did you get the tent price checked, it could have the wrong SEL on it and it could be cheaper. If its the same tent as the one above it must scan at €25.

There's a load of tents that look the same but some are the old packaging and some are new, the old ones scan cheaper!

Ye price checked it comin up at €120 it was the same tent might try somewhere else tomorrow :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Just checked Clearwater full price there:( anyone else see these anywhere

Full price on the shelf in Maynooth too- however discount coming off at the till.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 MaireadK4

Only one pack left in Tesco in Naas. Anyone seen them in other stores?

RayCon wrote: »
    Limited Edition Moshi Monsters: Moshlings WINTER WONDERLAND blister packs are reduced to €1.79 per pack in Maynooth .... packs usually retail for around €5.99 - €6.99 ...

moshi%20monsters%20winter%20wonderland%20moshling%20blister%20pack%206%20web.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=272253595

Tesco non bio 22 wash, €1.94, mis-price should be €3.80

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=272253595

Tesco non bio 22 wash, €1.94, mis-price should be €3.80

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

The Collection - box of chocs 400g at Thomas st €2.09 clearance apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Lots of sun cream is half price in Tesco at the moment - all the big brands. Good if you're off on your holliers soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Seanafitz

Bought four packs in balbriggan tonight. My daughter is bringing them into school to give to her mates tomorrow.

emot-slick.gif and thats my Post 1000emot-slick.gif

:D nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭dublin8681

Corner 4 pack yoghurts

€1.47

Usualy 87 cent each

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭RayCon

dublin8681 wrote: »
    Small shaver 44 cent

Tesco clearwater

You shave with Dettol spray ? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Did you get the tent price checked, it could have the wrong SEL on it and it could be cheaper. If its the same tent as the one above it must scan at €25.

There's a load of tents that look the same but some are the old packaging and some are new, the old ones scan cheaper!

None in clonmel :(

There were some in Poleberry, not in the sale shop but in the main shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭dublin8681

44 cent shaver
    Clearwater

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Lindt Wasabi, touch of sea salt (milk) and coconut (dark) all 75% off. (the last two are 52 and 59 c respectively) The sea salt and wasabi ones out of stock in Mahon but still a few of the coconut ones left. Sea salt and coconut are yummy but I didn't get a chance to try the wasabi one:(
    298%5C3046920027298%5CIDShot_225x225.jpg993%5C3046920010993%5CIDShot_225x225.jpg0

Also Aine Raspberry at 63c, good few left in Mahon earlier
    2bab87943c2a5162bf661832039558ca.jpg
    There was also a butterscotch one reduced too but has not been in stock for ages in Mahon but worth trying other stores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Tesco Fruit & Fibre 750 g is the same price as their 500g packs @ €1.85 .

On white label, so should be everystore.

^^^ something wrong there, that would be 20c less than the value fruit and fibre. Nice stuff though, makes lovely muffins!

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/product/search/default.aspx?searchBox=tesco%20fiber

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

dublin8681 wrote: »
    44 cent shaver
    Clearwater

I'd say that's more of a pluckers than a shaver/trimmer! The cheap ones are never very good at 'trimming'. I can only imagine it would be an eyewatering experience!

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭marrm

lindtee wrote: »
    Lindt Wasabi, touch of sea salt (milk) and coconut (dark) all 75% off. (the last two are 52 and 59 c respectively) The sea salt and wasabi ones out of stock in Mahon but still a few of the coconut ones left. Sea salt and coconut are yummy but I didn't get a chance to try the wasabi one:(
    298%5C3046920027298%5CIDShot_225x225.jpg993%5C3046920010993%5CIDShot_225x225.jpg0

Also Aine Raspberry at 63c, good few left in Mahon earlier
    2bab87943c2a5162bf661832039558ca.jpg
    There was also a butterscotch one reduced too but has not been in stock for ages in Mahon but worth trying other stores.

All at regular price in Clarehall, no discounts. :(:(:(:(

marrm wrote: »

Ditto Maynooth. Not discounted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭MB05

Tesco have a 2 pack of Regina XXL kitchen towels reduced supposedly by 33% but I think they have mistakenly priced it at 67% off!

They say they are down from €3.85 (I think) to €1.27. I'm not sure if that really is the normal price but €1.27 is cheap. I think I got these on special before for €2 and they were pretty good quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

MB05 wrote: »
    Tesco have a 2 pack of Regina XXL kitchen towels reduced supposedly by 33% but I think they have mistakenly priced it at 67% off!

They say they are down from €3.85 (I think) to €1.27. I'm not sure if that really is the normal price but €1.27 is cheap. I think I got these on special before for €2 and they were pretty good quality.

Good spot! Note it ends 14 May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

marrm wrote: »

Except the Aíne Raspberry, it scanned at 1 cents in Clare Hall. I saw another bar on the shelf, no SEL. Could still be there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Most of the Tesco Knives (Expensive ones in the Gold paper and Plastic wrapper) are half price in Tesco Galway.

Saw some nice Chef knives down from 40 to 17.50 :)

Not down to €1.27 in Mahon. Was going to stock up :(
    Nanazolie wrote: »
    Except the Aíne Raspberry, it scanned at 1 cents in Clare Hall. I saw another bar on the shelf, no SEL. Could still be there

Just as well I wasn't getting choccy today as if they had scanned at 1c, I would have bought the lot, which would have been bad for my waistline.

Sorry about that Lindtee. I didn't notice the offer was ending yesterday. I checked it on the website last night before I posted just to be sure it was a general offer and not just a mistake in Clarehall and when it was I posted it but it never dawned on me to check the end date of the offer as I thought it only just changed.

Pity as I planned to get a few more myself!

• Advertisement

Lindtee, I posted about the kitchen towels not the chocolate.

Lindtee, I posted about the kitchen towels not the chocolate.
    :o:o Am going to delete my last post:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭freebee23

Checked Tesco in Ballymun and priced at 2.57.

However Apple Green Service station in Clonsilla, Blanchardstown are selling them for €3 a pack, or 2 packs for €4. Can mix and match this with their 4 pack toilet roll which is also in the offer.

Hopefully this is in all Apple Green Stations.

Cheers,
    Freebee23

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

Baggot Street: Uncle Ben's basmati rice, 1kg: 1.32€ Located at the end of the first aisle, not with the rest of the rices

Clare Hall: single airbed with pump, reduced to 3.75€. In camping aisle (beside the DIY stuff)

Huggies little swimmers size 5 (orange pack) €1.75 was €8.65

barcode 036000183429

This is the old pack, they now come in size 5-6.

• Advertisement

Huggies little swimmers size 5 (orange pack) €1.75 was €8.65

barcode 036000183429

This is the old pack, they now come in size 5-6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

Roma basmati rice 1 KG reduced to 1.47euro, 2KG is 9.99 so seems like a good deal.

Tesco value basmati 1kg is 1.49 so it is even cheaper. Got few packs :) (expiry date is 2014 on ones I got)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Most of the Tesco Knives (Expensive ones in the Gold paper and Plastic wrapper) are half price in Tesco Galway.

Saw some nice Chef knives down from 40 to 17.50 :)

Greystones- cleaver down to 10.50, also a chef's knife similar reduction. Wooden drawer block with 5 knives reduced from 90 to 40 and now 23

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭gussieg

Most TV s in tesco in carrick on shannon have all been taken off the shop floor so either they're going into storage til Christmas or getting moved somewhere else. Plus the reduced to clear there is not so reduced anymore. Don't know what good this info is to anyone but just thought I'd put it out there.

gussieg wrote: »
    Most TV s in tesco in carrick on shannon have all been taken off the shop floor so either they're going into storage til Christmas or getting moved somewhere else. Plus the reduced to clear there is not so reduced anymore. Don't know what good this info is to anyone but just thought I'd put it out there.

Its not just Carrick-on-Shannon, even the larger stores (like Maynooth) have pretty much cleared out whatever they were clearing. The clearance aisle is now more a hodge podge of products from around the store- at full price, than any specific reductions. Even the toy clearance is pretty much over. The manager there has advised that all their new stock is in already (they hadn't gotten anything since Christmas) so the clearance would appear to have had its desired effect, from their perspective.

Picked up the following in Naas:

Pack 8 halogen GU10 light bulbs for 1.75

HP 16gb Flash Drive for 9.50 - reduced from 39.99.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

From facebuke:
    40% off selected garden furniture, camping equipment, outdoor toys & bbq’s in our larger stores

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

snubbleste wrote: »
    From facebuke:
    40% off selected garden furniture, camping equipment, outdoor toys & bbq’s in our larger stores

UP TO 40% OFF....;)

A good bit of the stuff in Clarehall and Artane castle is only 25% off.

Some of the chairs and tables have 40% off.

Soda Streams now reduced to €20.99 in Tesco Mahon (from over €80) Was tempted to buy it but then I realised that because of the price of the gas cylinders for them, it actually work outs cheaper to buy bottles of carbonated water! However somebody might be interested in getting one for nostalgia sake if nothing else. Copied the picture from HUKD as it is the same one on offer here if anyone is looking.

8905394501_0516c7244f_c.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,967 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Yeah Mi-Wadi/Ribena etc and the big packs of 6 2 litre bottles of sparkling water from Aldi or Lidl for a couple of Euro are way better value than sodastream, best thing I ever did diet-wise was switch to them and cut out coke and fanta etc.

• Advertisement

Sodastream CO2 refills are only about a tenner in Argos when they're on special. 20 quid for the machine itself (which comes with a cylinder and a 1 litre bottle) is an excellent bargain. Have to check if its on the same offer in Maynooth/Naas.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭dunworth1

anyone know if any of the stores in limerick have the sodastream on offer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

paddy147 wrote: »
    UP TO 40% OFF....;)

A good bit of the stuff in Clarehall and Artane castle is only 25% off.

Some of the chairs and tables have 40% off.

Picked up 4 nice garden chairs reduced from €28 to €16.80 in Clearwater this morning, wasn't many left, about 20.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

There may be a lack of offers/clearance at the moment from the US fallout, Tesco pulled out of the US costing the company a fair few billion. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

msg11 wrote: »
    There may be a lack of offers/clearance at the moment from the US fallout, Tesco pulled out of the US costing the company a fair few billion. :cool:

That has been going on since last year. Old news.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2012/oct/17/tesco-fresh-easy-brand-uk?newsfeed=true

Its this that has been the fly in the ointment for them this month.

http://www.expressandstar.com/business/city-news/2013/05/31/tesco-braced-for-poor-sales-results/

The offers will remain the same as stock has to be cleared for new promotions coming in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Tesco really fcuked up there.

They went into a market where they just couldnt compete and most probably knew it too,from the word go..

They fcuked up big time.

Next section to be reduced to 75% off is sports stuff, older swim accessories, protein drinks, weights and that kinda stuff. there's not much of that stuff in the stores near me so I guess it will only be in the really big stores like Clarehall etc.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Do you know when will that be kicking off?

Sodastream @ EUR42 in Tesco Maynooth.
    Pity its not as good a deal as down in Mahon :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭Stillnotworking

Sodastreams in Drogheda are marked at 62 € but are scanning at €20.99. 7 or 8 left.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement