Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Do you know when will that be kicking off?

Think its due to start next wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Just picked up a few shiny red "Tesco drinks Bottle" for 4c in Clare Hall, price marked on yellow sticker in Outdoors / Kitchen stuff section

They are exactly like this picture only in shiny red alumimun and the label says "drinks bottle".

701%5C5051898747701%5CIDShot_225x225.jpg

These were spotted last year at 17c so further reductions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭matchthis

tesco extra Naas, soda stream full price on the shelf and couldn't find a price checker to double check. Lots of simoniz stuff half price. Also got Simoniz alloy wheel brush for 62c. Is all at an isle end between flowers and car cleaning products

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

matchthis wrote: »
    tesco extra Naas, soda stream full price on the shelf and couldn't find a price checker to double check. Lots of simoniz stuff half price. Also got Simoniz alloy wheel brush for 62c. Is all at an isle end between flowers and car cleaning products

Price checker in Naas in near the tills in the clothing dept

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

many many reductions in Kitchen and Dining section .. for example, knives from 23 to 5.50, Brita Marella XL (black) from 29 to 5.50, 4 coffee cups for 1.50, lots of baking trays reduced by 75%.

Brita Marella Graphite scanning at 1.43.

Worth to visit and have a look as there is lots of stuff with yellow label.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

198321 wrote: »
    many many reductions in Kitchen and Dining section .. for example, knives from 23 to 5.50, Brita Marella XL (black) from 29 to 5.50, 4 coffee cups for 1.50, lots of baking trays reduced by 75%.

Brita Marella Graphite scanning at 1.43.

Worth to visit and have a look as there is lots of stuff with yellow label.

What store?
    Thanks

Rashers72 wrote: »
    What store?
    Thanks

Cashel and friend went to Clonmel and it was there too so seems like it's nationwide :) if not, sorry ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

18 rolls of Kittensoft toilet roll for €6 in Tesco Mullingar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

brokenarms wrote: »
    That has been going on since last year. Old news.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2012/oct/17/tesco-fresh-easy-brand-uk?newsfeed=true

Its this that has been the fly in the ointment for them this month.

http://www.expressandstar.com/business/city-news/2013/05/31/tesco-braced-for-poor-sales-results/

The offers will remain the same as stock has to be cleared for new promotions coming in.

Well from working there it my option that it has just hit them this year, they pull from the US and had a serious write down on land they purchased in the UK. There making things worse in the store, numerous people have complained to me about service and I have to agree, there cutting back hours and staff. If they want to win the market in Ireland the way to do it is plenty of staff and excellent service.

The store I work in they're are running a skeleton operation then everything is dickyed up when someone comes to visit. The reason I am saying this on here is because I do feel Tesco do run a good operation here in Ireland but things are starting to slide and it will cost jobs. So it's up to the customers to make a stand and get complaining if standerts in stores are slipping, if people don't complain then they will keep pushing the boat out. Then blame other aspects of the business rather than the sliding service, poor financial results mean higher prices and if Tesco push up prices the rest of the sheep will follow and push there prices up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

TheBody wrote: »
    It is online for another two days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭CH3OH

TheBody wrote: »

Loads of the 18 pack in Arklow

The 24 pack has a SEL of
    €19.30 (€19.30/each) (now that is shocking).
    Just hope no one buys the 24 pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

Reductions on the canned fish shelves in Athlone today.

3 x 80gm John West Tuna in Brine or Sunflower Oil €1.14 (really good for a single portion).

3 x 80gm Picnic Tuna - €1.49

Clearance Reductions on bigger tins x 3 (or 4 pack) of Tesco Tuna, sardines, mackerel, jars of mussels, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

smccarrick wrote: »
    Sodastream CO2 refills are only about a tenner in Argos when they're on special.
    They are 13.99 now and claim to do 60L. That works out at 47cent per 2L

In tesco

Deep River Rock Sparkling Water 2 Litre
    HALF PRICE Was 1.30 Now 65cent
    valid from 22/5/2013 until 11/6/2013

Tesco Every Day Value Sparkling Water 2 Litre €0.55

The 2L cheapo tesco cola is 55c and I prefer it to any soda stream cola I ever had.

Some might not like lifting lots of water. The main reason I would get one would be to refizz flat soft drinks, this should need less gas per litre too. Many people are put off 2L of coke as it goes flat.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

The official cost of carbonating water with a sodastream machine is EUR17c a litre / US$21c a litre (thats the official cost from Sodastream).

Wait until the CO2 is on special- I changed my cylinders at EUR8 last Autumn- and still have 10 full ones. You don't need to pay full price- it does get discounted regularly.

On a different note- as we all know the sodastream syrups are all sweetened with Splenda crap- even the non-diet ones. There is allegedly a natural range- sweetened with regular sugar- anyone know where to find it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

On a different note- as we all know the sodastream syrups are all sweetened with Splenda crap- even the non-diet ones. There is allegedly a natural range- sweetened with regular sugar- anyone know where to find it?

the biggest range or syrups I've found is on their website - where you can now order direct - but the p&p is expensive :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Tesco My baby waterproof cot sheet €1,74 in Ardkeen near the pottys and in Ballybeg nursery aisle.

Life is sad when this bargain makes you day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭Soarer

Even worse is when you're so excited by it, you post it twice! ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

aHHHeDp.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭skintiam

These were only 5c in Tesco Clonmel today, the bbdate is today but they taste fine and are good for another while yet, can't go wrong for 5c really.
    There are 5 in the box.

?id=276175053

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

skintiam wrote: »
    These were only 5c in Tesco Clonmel today, the bbdate is today but they taste fine and are good for another while yet, can't go wrong for 5c really.
    There are 5 in the box.

?id=276175053

5 cent for two chocolates!! Now thats a bargain alert!!!!
    I know you got a full box:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

skintiam wrote: »
    There are 5 in the box.

?id=276175053

Any idea which aisle (saves me running up and down) thx :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭skintiam

They were at the check out end of the biscuit aisle where they have the discounted stuff, there's never usually anything good there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Omg I spotted BN biscuits in Tesco in Carlow yesterday evening. Haven't had them in years. Full price is €2.19 I think, but they were marked down to €1.50. Just the fact that I haven't had them in years was enough to buy 3 of them anyway. They are still delicious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Expect to start seeing a lot more bargain alerts via Tesco due to their terrible financial results yesterday.
    Looks like a lot of their customers are shopping instead in Aldi & Lidl and they need to do something to get them back in the doors.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Expect to start seeing a lot more bargain alerts via Tesco due to their terrible financial results yesterday.
    Looks like a lot of their customers are shopping instead in Aldi & Lidl and they need to do something to get them back in the doors.

I said this ages ago on this thread,when Lidl opened its new store opposite Tesco Artane Castle.

Guess what??
    Its happened and will continue to happen.

Tesco need to get their act together and cop on with their marketing/pricing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

In Mahon Point! Philips DAB radio down to €14 (Model no AE5010) Amazon Link

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxmD_RI8M9Z0tu7yYggaTfX823UqOvsSoWvJHlVr-XTFQiBvOQ
    There was a Pure one mi dab radio also reduced to about €16

There was also few ipod/iphone/ipad speakers reduced. Sony SRSGU10IP for €34. Reviews are very positive for it. Cannot recall the model numbers of the other ones.
    $(KGrHqIOKpMFFyvV80QIBRdUhnPqU!~~60_35.JPG

The kitchenware reductions were all finished and they were taking a lot of stuff off the shelves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

snubbleste wrote: »
    aHHHeDp.jpg

Was there a post here as I can't see anything and you know how I hate to be left out! LOL

was it weritten in invisible ink or is it an image as I cannot see images for some reason

It's an image. Tesco are bring back "Crazy Prices".

The deals are:

Simple Baby Wipes - €1

Birds Eye Potato Waffles (10pk) - €1

Coco Pops (350g) & Frosties (350g) - €1.50 each

Daz 45 Washing Powder box - €6

Kittensoft toilet roll 18pk - €6

Offer starts Wednesday - Ends on Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

lazeedaisy wrote: »
    Was there a post here as I can't see anything and you know how I hate to be left out! LOL

was it weritten in invisible ink or is it an image as I cannot see images for some reason

There's picture there which has
    10 Birdseye waffles @ €1
    Simple baby wipes @ €1
    Kellogs Frosties/coco pop type things (350g) @ €1.50
    3.06kg Daz @ €6
    18 rolls of Kittensoft @ €6

Edit - Yawns got there first!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Thanks

:P

lazeedaisy wrote: »
    Thanks

:P

or you can simply go to tesco.ie

DAZ - 6euro - it says Wed-Sun only

online shop:

Special Offer 6.00
    valid from 5/6/2013 until 11/6/2013

so it's valid until Tuesday ..

I guess on Sunday it is going to say : due to high interest we have extended offer to Tuesday ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Lyn256

Just home from Tesco Lucan and got a Tesco Med Veg thin and crispy Pizza for 54c (9inch size)
    Possibly a discontinued line

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

Lyn256 wrote: »
    Just home from Tesco Lucan and got a Tesco Med Veg thin and crispy Pizza for 54c (9inch size)
    Possibly a discontinued line

Were these in the fresh or frozen section?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Lyn256

Frozen
    Tesco own brand thin and crispy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Simonez car products all half price in Wexford.

Jake and the Neverland Pirates: Ship with figures €20, Pirate House?? (don't know the name) is €22. Great value for these as they are usually over €50.

• Advertisement

Tescos own milk has jumped from 1 euro 50 cents up to 1 euro 70 cents.Noticed the sudden price increase in Clarehall earlier today

Yep Tesco,thats the way to do it.

Went and bought it for 1 euro 30 cents in Costcutters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

zerks wrote: »
    Simonez car products all half price in Wexford.

Jake and the Neverland Pirates: Ship with figures €20, Pirate House?? (don't know the name) is €22. Great value for these as they are usually over €50.

If anyone sees these jake pirates toys on sale in Clearwater please let me know. My son loves them but theyre so expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Janey Mack

Naas Extra have some good reductions on Dab Radios, iPod Docks and some bluetooth speakers.

Can't remember too many details ...

Pure Contour 200i Airplay Dock down from €200+ to €78 - think this is it

http://www.tesco.com/direct/contour-200...

Others reduced as well including a Philips one

Pure Dab Radio with Listen Later function (don't know the model) €17 (was about 70 or 80) there were a few others reduced as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

paddy147 wrote: »
    Tescos own milk has jumped from 1 euro 50 cents up to 1 euro 70 cents.Noticed the sudden price increase in Clarehall earlier today

Milk was increased by the suppliers last weekend 10c a litre, should be the same everywhere, had to happen eventually as milk price had been creeping up for a while now

paddy147 wrote: »

It was mentioned in the Tesco rip off thread. Milk prices are increasing. SuperValu has also increased the cost of milk for example. Haven't checked Dunnes or anywhere else but will only be a matter of time as it's the suppliers increasing the cost, not the retailer.

• Advertisement

Got one of these in Tesco reduced from over 100 to 28 euro .. Loads in Naas.

Quite impressive sound out of it. Nice rich sound. Recommended .

sony_rdp_x30ip_LOP9NR8E6J7W.JPG

http://www.tesco.com/direct/sony-rdpx30ip-speaker-dock-for-ipod-or-iphone/625-2731.prd

brokenarms wrote: »
    Got one of these in Tesco reduced from over 100 to 28 euro .. Loads in Naas.

Quite impressive sound out of it. Nice rich sound. Recommended .

sony_rdp_x30ip_LOP9NR8E6J7W.JPG

http://www.tesco.com/direct/sony-rdpx30ip-speaker-dock-for-ipod-or-iphone/625-2731.prd

Is there any adaptor for new model iPhones and/or Android Micro-USB ports (or even good old line output)?

There is a Line in behind it and if you search ebay you may be able to find an adaptor for your other players.

But the use of the remote and buttons to control the ipod is very handy. You would lose this function .

You would retain the bass and volume control though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Yawns wrote: »
    It was mentioned in the Tesco rip off thread. Milk prices are increasing. SuperValu has also increased the cost of milk for example. Haven't checked Dunnes or anywhere else but will only be a matter of time as it's the suppliers increasing the cost, not the retailer.
    The milk in my local Dunnes has gone down from €1.29 to 99c :cool:

phasers wrote: »
    The milk in my local Dunnes has gone down from €1.29 to 99c :cool:

A litre- or 2 litres?

Kinda off topic lads, I meant to add this link in my reply to Paddy's post.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056589560&page=10

That's the topic I first came across about it. Can we keep this section to bargins only?

Speaking of which.

Iron Man 3 vehicle toy. It's €30 in most Tesco's but I was in Carlow and picked it up for €14. Marked on shelf as €14 and scanned thru fine. Wasn't many left but I hid one up on top shelf to the left, just in behind other Iron Man toys for a boardsie to grab if it's still there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

A litre- or 2 litres?
    Oops :o

2 litres, the brand is 'cool milk'. Dunnes own brand was still €1.49 for 2l

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Tesco Douglas, in the reduced to clear section near the canned goods, has bags of peanut M&Ms reduced to 33 cent (were 82 cent). Best before date is June 16th. There was a big box of them still there at 11pm last night

Milk was increased by the suppliers last weekend 10c a litre, should be the same everywhere, had to happen eventually as milk price had been creeping up for a while now

So Tesco jump on the band wagon and increase the milk and their Yogurts.

1 euro 50 cents suddenly up to 1 euro 70 cents.

They also did ther same thing with their Yogurts...69 cents up to 89 cents.

No thanks Tesco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Well yes, a 10c increase would be 1.59 a 2 litre bottle, they went up 20c! Cheeky f*ckers!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement