Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Darn that ironing cover is not reduced every where, I could do with it for €1,

Plum swing set, 2 swings and a see saw thing for €29.00
    http://www.tesco.com/direct/plum-double-swing-set-with-glider/693-8350.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=693-8350

Tesco single swing, €8

Tesco single swing and see saw, €18something.
    http://www.tesco.com/direct/plum-single-swing-and-glider-set/270-3410.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=270-3410

there were a few in Tramore last weekend, not sure of stock in other stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭intbn

tallpaul wrote: »
    Large display of Packard Bell and Toshiba laptops in Tesco Celbridge. Three different types, all sporting Windows 8 and AMD dual core processors. The Packard Bell one (€349) had a 15.6" screen, 500gb hard drive and 6gb of RAM. Perfect for web browsing, word processing etc.

They're selling these in tescos kildare town, all have 15.6" screens.
    That one with the 6GB of ram has an intel celeron processor, beware, these are intel's low end processors, still not a bad price, seems a bit of a waste having 6gb of ram in a laptop with a crap processor given you can't upgrade the processor after it starts getting on, whereas the RAM will last a good few years.

It's an intel dual core celeron e300, this was flag number one, usually you can google the processor name and model number get cpu benchmark test results to get a good idea of how fast it is in comparison to other processors but it's not even on cpubenchmark.net, this was flag number two, flag number three was the fact that they where reduced from 379 to €349 within a week.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

The AMD Dual Core ones have decent Radeon graphics (a damn sight better than Intel Graphics). While they may be a little under powered CPU wise- they have quite reasonable graphics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Ronin247 wrote: »
    Was our anniversary last month and I bought her a new Ironing board.....this will make the ideal Cxxxxxxxxx present.......she is one lucky lady:D

Ronin, thought you might like this.. you'll make her even happier
    A deluxe felt pad to go with the cover!
    268777.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I've come across a Pure One Mi in a couple of shops (Tullamore and Oranmore) reduced from €56 odd to €13.50

Small FM/DAB radio - portable if you buy the proprietary chargepak

The reduced price was marked in Tullamore, not in Oranmore but scanned at 13.50

There are a couple left in Oranmore

NOTE - there is a new Mark 2 version on the shelves as well which costs 49.99 i.e. not reduced

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

intbn wrote: »
    They're selling these in tescos kildare town, all have 15.6" screens.
    That one with the 6GB of ram has an intel celeron processor, beware, these are intel's low end processors, still not a bad price, seems a bit of a waste having 6gb of ram in a laptop with a crap processor given you can't upgrade the processor after it starts getting on, whereas the RAM will last a good few years.

It's an intel dual core celeron e300, this was flag number one, usually you can google the processor name and model number get cpu benchmark test results to get a good idea of how fast it is in comparison to other processors but it's not even on cpubenchmark.net, this was flag number two, flag number three was the fact that they where reduced from 379 to €349 within a week.

Those lappies are aimed at the secondary school market and are specced enough for that market. No need to have top of the range components:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Darn that ironing cover is not reduced every where, I could do with it for €1,

Plum swing set, 2 swings and a see saw thing for €29.00
    http://www.tesco.com/direct/plum-double-swing-set-with-glider/693-8350.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=693-8350

Tesco single swing, €8

Tesco single swing and see saw, €18something.
    http://www.tesco.com/direct/plum-single-swing-and-glider-set/270-3410.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=270-3410

there were a few in Tramore last weekend, not sure of stock in other stores.

Picked up the double swing and see saw in Artane Castle last night. Marked as 108 on the shelf and scans at 26. Nice one wmpdd3.

There's still a few left at the end of the seasonal aisle near checkouts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

CH3OH wrote: »
    Ronin, thought you might like this.. you'll make her even happier
    A deluxe felt pad to go with the cover!
    268777.jpg

Jebus wept,...don't want to spoil her completely. Next thing she will looking for is comfier chains at the kitchen sink.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

Bought a Duracell Easy Charger in Tesco Athlone this afternoon for €3.75.

This charger charges 2 AA or 2 AAA batteries.

It comes with 2 AA 1700mAh batteries.

This was priced €3.75 on the normal white tag not the yellow reduced tag.

Barcode 5 00394 09975

19249534_500x500_1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭leck

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Here we go.
    ReTnUoS.jpg?1
    Passing through Ennis yesterday, stopped at Tesco and got four of these at €1.24 each. Today decided to get more in Claremorris, but the 4 x2 packages were scanning at €2.39. The €1.24 tag was only on the regular pack of four chunky Kit-Kats. I'm guessing these were coded incorrectly before and they have now fixed it. Or is it possible that it varies from store to store?

Also looked again today for the Pentel Essential Collection. Last week I could only find the ones with the barcode ending 50011433008018, which were scanning at €5.75. Today there were stacks of the ones with barcode 5011433141531 on an endcap but they were scanning at €5.75 too :( Is anyone still finding these for 50c?

Tomorrows Crazy Prices are Rice Krispies 700g for €2, tiger bread .50c, Persil 25 washes €4.75....and a laptop for €269. Its on FB as I would have no idea about the technical details of a laptop :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Tesco coonagh cross in limerick have a single swing, was €39.99 (I think definitely €30) now €8.50

There were at least 5 there when I left today.

Attached is a link for the product description.

http://www.tesco.com/direct/tesco-single-swing/203-1849.prd

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    Tomorrows Crazy Prices are Rice Krispies 700g for €2, tiger bread .50c, Persil 25 washes €4.75....and a laptop for €269. Its on FB as I would have no idea about the technical details of a laptop :o

Its a Toshiba C8500
    Processor- AMD E1-1200
    2Gb RAM
    320Gb Hard-drive
    Windows 8

Nothing to get excited about- but for 269, its something you could get as a stop gap- or for a student.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭CH3OH

A couple of offers that may be of interest
    IDShot_225x225.jpg
    Frys Turkish single bars €1.15 each Two for €1
    Cheaper than the multipacks, which I have never seen on offer.

IDShot_225x225.jpg

Munchies Ice cream multi pack 4 €3.50 each 3 packs for €5

The 3 for € 5 also includes a selection of Birds Eye products (10 others)

The most expensive is
    IDShot_225x225.jpg

Birds Eye 2 Sweet Chilli Chicken 180G 1 pack €3.99 3 packs for €5

Also for the Persil on offer from tomorrow..
    I would expect the Pigsback €1 off coupon to work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

What time do they open:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 monastill

Just to let you all know that in Carlow Tesco there is Persil +comfort sunshine yellow in the reduced section of the detergents scanning at 2.17 instead of the reduced price of 4.34, which in itself is a bargain. Were lots left on the shelf.It brings back memories of last year and the woolite and persil vouchers and being able to stock up for the next two years. No date on the bottle so dont know how long it will last. The section is at top of aisle with washing up liquid etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

monastill wrote: »
    Just to let you all know that in Carlow Tesco there is Persil +comfort sunshine yellow in the reduced section of the detergents scanning at 2.17 instead of the reduced price of 4.34, which in itself is a bargain. Were lots left on the shelf.It brings back memories of last year and the woolite and persil vouchers and being able to stock up for the next two years. No date on the bottle so dont know how long it will last. The section is at top of aisle with washing up liquid etc.

I'm fairly sure washing up detergent doesn't go "off".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Thanks found same price in coonagh, was just loose in normal section though. Nothing in reduced section though. Still 2.17 though!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

tiger blood for 50c.....what is charlies cut :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

tiger blood for 50c.....what is charlies cut :confused:

Tiger bread...

• Advertisement

siber wrote: »

Barcode 5 00394 09975

19249534_500x500_1.jpg

Got this for my father for his new digital camera, he's delighted, thank OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Thanks for this! It was in the regular detergents section of Tesco Roselawn and the shelf label said €4.34 but I took the bottle to the price checker on the wall and when it scanned at €2.17 I felt like one of those coupon people on the TV! I didn't quite clear the shelf, tempting and all as it was ;) None in Tesco Cabra which I tried first on the way home.

athtrasna wrote: »
    Thanks for this! It was in the regular detergents section of Tesco Roselawn and the shelf label said €4.34 but I took the bottle to the price checker on the wall and when it scanned at €2.17 I felt like one of those coupon people on the TV! I didn't quite clear the shelf, tempting and all as it was ;) None in Tesco Cabra which I tried first on the way home.
    Is this the Persil Comfort 2in1 Sunshiny Days in the 25 load size? Last night scanned that size at the price checker, and it came up at €8+ or €9+ This was shelved in the regular detergent aisle and there was no indication that it was on sale. Couldn't see any other size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

leck wrote: »
    Is this the Persil Comfort 2in1 Sunshine Yellow in the 25 load size? Last night scanned it at the price checker, and it came up at €8+ or €9+ This was shelved in the regular detergent aisle and there was no indication that it was on sale. Couldn't see any other size.

Yes it was! Shelf label (regular detergent aisle) said €4.34 but it scanned at €2.17. The checkout operator was very excited at the discovery and said she had to get some herself at that price before they ran out.

athtrasna wrote: »
    Yes it was! Shelf label (regular detergent aisle) said €4.34 but it scanned at €2.17. The checkout operator was very excited at the discovery and said she had to get some herself at that price before they ran out.
    So it seems items like this vary from store to store, right? Or can I expect that is will be reduced in my local store (Claremorris) too in the coming days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Anybody know if any of the Kildare stores still have the laptops?

Celbridge and Maynooth- yes to both (@ lunchtime today anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭ozypozy

Think Naas had some at the weekend anyway but my mum bought a Toshiba laptop a few months ago and had awful trouble with it. I'm nearly certain it was the same model as the one Tesco are selling now.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭froggie76

Tesco Naas - lalaloopsy silly hair doll €13.50 shelf label says €16.50 reduced from €55.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭whittler

persil comfort great find op,got the last few bottles in tesco carlow

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

My local Tesco had a few of the Persil marked and scanning at €2.17, was happy enough till I went to the smaller Tesco Express and saw them at €1.75 :eek:
    I was wobbed!

snubbleste wrote: »
    My local Tesco had a few of the Persil marked and scanning at €2.17, was happy enough till I went to the smaller Tesco Express and saw them at €1.75 :eek:
    I was wobbed!

Where!!!! Come-on..... tell us........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ablelocks

wmpdd3 wrote: »

2 of these in the Waterford (ardkeen) and Clonmel stores as of this morning - priced at €26.

Apple Digital AV adaptor was reduced to €19 in one of those stores, but can't rem which one.

They have the Persil- but its not on special in Clondalkin- I thought the price on the shelf must be wrong- so I brought it to a check-out operator- and sure enough it matched the price on the shelf- 9.89- the checkout girl was surprised- 'God, thats expensive, that couldn't be right for that sized bottle'. I told her that I wouldn't take it- but she insisted on getting the manager- who said they were told to change the price. 9.89? Come-on, can't see them ever selling a bottle at that price!

Tiger blood not on special either- 1.25 for a loaf. I did have a nice lunch though.

No laptops or other crazy specials (and none advertised in store).

Don't think I'll be visiting Clondalkin branch again in a hurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 BillyBooWhoo

Bought for €2.17 in tesco about an hour ago, possibly not same one you scanned, because that is a huge leap

Bought for €2.17 in tesco about an hour ago, possibly not same one you scanned, because that is a huge leap

Which branch?

Also- I opened this thread on my phone to make 100% certain I had the right one- and it matched exactly.
    Some branches seem to have cottoned on :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10 BillyBooWhoo

Which branch?

Also- I opened this thread on my phone to make 100% certain I had the right one- and it matched exactly.
    Some branches seem to have cottoned on :(

Tesco rathfarnham, got 7 bottles for €15, at the price you were quoted 7 bottles would have set me back about €62, they still had loads left an hour ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78 ✭✭sud1

Anybody have a picture of persil..was in midleton today and couldnt see any..Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭uli84

siber wrote: »

Barcode 5 00394 09975

19249534_500x500_1.jpg

Anyone seen that in Dublin? Badly need one...thanks.

• Advertisement

sud1 wrote: »
    Anybody have a picture of persil..was in midleton today and couldnt see any..Thanks

Its still somewhere on this thread- I found it earlier- but can't see it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Teresa kirkham

I had the last 2 yestaurday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭roxybargains

I had the last 2 yestaurday

Got 9 bottles in naas and they had another box up above the shelving unit. Also picked up toy story talking Jessie doll for thirteen euro. Its marked that price on the shelf, currently selling for 40 in Argos. Think there were 2 left.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭martiin

Tesco webcams, 2 euro. Tesco in Mallow. Probably crap but with this price you can't go wrong...

They have the Persil- but its not on special in Clondalkin- I thought the price on the shelf must be wrong- so I brought it to a check-out operator- and sure enough it matched the price on the shelf- 9.89- the checkout girl was surprised- 'God, thats expensive, that couldn't be right for that sized bottle'. I told her that I wouldn't take it- but she insisted on getting the manager- who said they were told to change the price. 9.89? Come-on, can't see them ever selling a bottle at that price!
    And the Persil is still €9.69 in Claremorris as of this evening :(. I'm guessing it was €8.68 in those shops where it's now down to €2. 17.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

They didn't have any of the Persil in Tesco Ballybrack - was hoping to stock up on a few but it was nowhere to be seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    They didn't have any of the Persil in Tesco Ballybrack - was hoping to stock up on a few but it was nowhere to be seen.

Nowhere to be seen in Wexford either, in case you would have ventured that far

martiin wrote: »
    Tesco webcams, 2 euro. Tesco in Mallow. Probably crap but with this price you can't go wrong...

It is crap. Its junk of the highest order. You are wasting 2 Euro buying it. They deserve to be dumped en-mass in a wheelie bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

Ok tesco clarehall have persi scanning for 2 yoyo. Different flavour though- passion flower-its purple. None of the yellow ones there so took a chance!!

Have hidden last two of them in pillow isle behind the brown rugs at eye height for a fellow boardsie. Share the wealth and all that-lol.

Also picked up a toy story dinosaur fleece banket scanned at 3-75. Only this style, the buzz lightyear woody one scanned at 12 so think its only this style. Lovely for winter time over the duvet.

Have hidden last one of them with persil.

I went for the jessie doll but none there. If anyone picks one up pleSe get me one and i will paypal plus postage. My daughter looking for one specially so would be brill to save myself 20 squid.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

leck wrote: »
    And the Persil is still €9.69 in Claremorris as of this evening :(. I'm guessing it was €8.68 in those shops where it's now down to €2. 17.
    Don't waste your time in Claremorris Tesco. The major bargains rarely / never appear there. Best chance of a bargain there is scan the item to see if Tesco HQ have changed the price. When the gang in Claremorris spot it they up the price again.
    <SNIP>

MOD EDIT: Please don't identify or post about specific staff members on here please.

I got the purple persil bottle a few weeks ago for less than €2. It has lasted surprisingly well.
    persil-with-comfort.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement