Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

amber2 wrote: »
    What store did you see these in?

Maynooth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭amber2

Tv's not the Alpen BTW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭leck

The post says Tesco Maynooth.

leck wrote: »
    The post says Tesco Maynooth.

3 * 42" Samsung Plasma TVs - unboxed, ex-display, no stands- they do have remotes and power cables @ 299
    2* 32" Samsung LCDs @ 199 (ditto- unboxed, ex-display, no stands- but with remotes)

Cereal- Alpen (all types) 750grms- 2 for 5 Euro.

Show me where!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

Umm in the title? post #4646 clearly has the title Tesco Maynooth which is located above the body of the message.

• Advertisement

ncur wrote: »
    Umm in the title? post #4646 clearly has the title Tesco Maynooth which is located above the body of the message.

Not showing on mobile site.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Erm, what is a barbie male doll? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

snubbleste wrote: »

Hopefully Ken. Or maybe it's the PC brigade gone mad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 876 ✭✭✭laros

Tesco Tullamore have the persil @ 2.17 about 8 or so on the shelf.

There all gone this morning....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭RayCon

Not showing on mobile site.

They're clearance items specific to that store ... they are not going to show on the online store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭hairyairyfairy

Scarely, he did not look like the Ken I know!!!!

Seems to be from the movie of the Barbie & The 12 Princesses so I suppose Ken's brother, the dancer...

had a big part in the movie:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

1150282_510064572412851_309712891_n.jpg

Selected Casa Di Mama pizza for €1.70
    Cornflakes for €1.99
    Persil 50 wash for €10
    32” LCD TV for €199.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Walter White

This morning, Tesco have the 750g Kellogg's Corn Flakes for 99c.
    Now that is a bargain...

This morning, Tesco have the 750g Kellogg's Corn Flakes for 99c.
    Now that is a bargain...

1.99 in Tesco Lucan :(

Fairy Non-Bio- 38 wash box (3Kg) 9 Euro. The 2kg 25 wash box is 9.65, go figure.......

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Walter White

1.99 in Tesco Lucan :(

99c is in Tesco Tallaght...:)

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

The Technika TV is £149 in the UK which is €175 :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭uli84

siber wrote: »
    Bought a Duracell Easy Charger in Tesco Athlone this afternoon for €3.75.

This charger charges 2 AA or 2 AAA batteries.

It comes with 2 AA 1700mAh batteries.

This was priced €3.75 on the normal white tag not the yellow reduced tag.

Barcode 5 00394 09975

19249534_500x500_1.jpg

May I ask fellow boardsies for a favour? If anyone comes across this charger at that price in Dublin could you please buy one for me? I will collect or pay postage, badly need it for my insulin pump which eats batteries. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭fartyarse

uli84 wrote: »
    May I ask fellow boardsies for a favour? If anyone comes across this charger at that price in Dublin could you please buy one for me? I will collect or pay postage, badly need it for my insulin pump which eats batteries. Thanks.

Hiya

I actually have a battery charger (with four batteries) going spare here at home, it's sitting gathering dust, you're welcome to it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

fartyarse wrote: »
    Hiya

I actually have a battery charger (with four batteries) going spare here at home, it's sitting gathering dust, you're welcome to it?

400x.jpg?1306898671

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Garden Kneeler....37 cents

30 meter garden tie wire....11 cents

Tesco Clarehall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭Straycat

bright starts baby bouncer €10 reduced from €21 polberry waterford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Spotted on the shelves in Arklow
    Not a BA ...but
    Be careful ...
    Christmas Selection Boxes on the 2nd of September

270196.jpg

CH3OH wrote: »
    Spotted on the shelves in Arklow
    Not a BA ...but
    Be careful ...
    Christmas Selection Boxes on the 2nd of September

270196.jpg

Tesco Artane Casstle have them too,along with the big round tins of roses and quality street at 6 euro 60 cents a tin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭Cats.Whiskers

They say the reason why the supermarkets are stocking the goodies is to "spread the cost of Christmas"

Spread the size of our bellies more like !

ON A HEALTHY Option note, Medium Pineapples were 1 euro today in Tesco BALBRIGGAN. I bought two.

Jedward_1531117c.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

paddy147 wrote: »
    Tesco Artane Casstle have them too,along with the big round tins of roses and quality street at 6 euro 60 cents a tin.

All Tesco stores have walls of this s*it, it should be outlawed till the 1st December or something, crazy stuff, it's about 16 weeks to Christmas for christs sake.

vicwatson wrote: »
    All Tesco stores have walls of this s*it, it should be outlawed till the 1st December or something, crazy stuff, it's about 16 weeks to Christmas for christs sake.

What about hams and turkeys???:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

and in the real world some of us can't afford to do all their Xmas shopping in December, and might want to spread it out a bit.

What about hams and turkeys???:pac:

paddy, paddy, paddy, as you and I know (and the rest of the world) Turkey is NOT just for Christmas ! :)

• Advertisement

and in the real world some of us can't afford to do all their Xmas shopping in December, and might want to spread it out a bit.

And you think this is normal behaviour to ship out Christmas produce in SEPT onto the shelves ??

What's more is that anyone in Bargain Alerts will tell you that you'll get 3 of these selection boxes for a fiver in December - €1.00 more than what they are charging for 1 TODAY !!

Keep your money until December

Anyways, back on topic, sorry 'bout that !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

It will be christmass before we know it. I remember admiring the leaves growing on trees at the end of spring like it was yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The reason Tesco gets in Christmas stock now is because they know people will buy it. Some people like buying one thing a week to help hem stock up for the festive season.
    Another reason is because in Tesco they have a shelf space for seasonal goods and when back to school/Summer/BBQ is over. There isn't much more that they can put on the shelf except for Halloween stock. In general Halloween isn't popular in Ireland and if they did stock up on a lot of stock for it. It would probably fail to sell.
    Another reason why Christmas stock comes in early is they want to know the demand for it for sales as they get closer to Christmas. A couple of years ago a lot of shops knew that the stock wan't selling so they was no point of ordering in more stuff that they would be left over with. If they got the stock in on December the first people would run into the shops straight away and they probably would charge a lot more for it because people would fear that it might sell out fast.

paddy, paddy, paddy, as you and I know (and the rest of the world) Turkey is NOT just for Christmas ! :)

Neither are tins of roses and quality street.:pac:;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

oh its not so early .. soon its Christmas and we gonna say .. it feels like yesterday that Tesco started selling that cra(p) ckers .. I'd say they should start with Easter in November ..sure it's almost spring soon ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

IMO, Christmas is far and away the best argument for Atheism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭lesnol

Lots of Tesco out there stuff reduced by 75% or more, bubble sets, outdoor games bouncy balls etc. Also Disney pocket kites 74 cent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

Maybe because you have not looked :confused:
    I've found loads of silly priced bargains in Oranmore from shavers to sun lotion to earphones to bicycle accessories

I too have found 'silly priced bargains in Oranmore' but they were either rubbish or broken.

Regarding the 'loads of silly priced bargains in Oranmore from shavers to sun lotion to earphones to bicycle accessories' that you state you found, why didn't you post about them here and give others an opportunity to avail of them? Isn't that the purpose of this thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

I've only been in oranmore twice and they had lots of the bargain metntioned on here, last time they had the microsoft mice for a fiver, norton security 2euro, microsoft webcams, blueray player, some toys but the real bargain was in drink either broadside or spitfire can't remember which but it was 1 euro a bottle yum

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭bikerboy_ie

Bought a Lindam Sure Shut Safety Gate in Coonagh Cross Limerick this evening for €11.00 It was marked this price on the shelf (normal white SEL). I bought two for top and bottom of stairs. There were two more left on the shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HairMare

Hi guys any Tesco bargains in Cork stores?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

HairMare wrote: »
    Hi guys any Tesco bargains in Cork stores?

Those MagicBox Parabola radios were back down to about €9.50 in Douglas. They had them in Mahon too but weren't marked down on shelf label, didn't scan to check price but assuming they are reduced there too.

magicbox-parabola.jpg
    Various toys reduced in the seasonal ailse in Mahon. Some by 75%, didn't take much notice of what was there as my lads are beyond the toy stage now. A few bits and pieces of gardening stuff in the clearance section but almost all gone now.

Gillette Artic Ice Body spray at 77c in Mahon
    41cOQTvEm0L._AA200_.jpg

Oxford Campus notebook at 30c. There are two types, The ones that are reduced have a "Free cinema ticket" sticker at the top. The other ones are €2.12 and have the cinema ticket thing at left side. These are A5 size and paper is good quality 90gsm.

Tiger loaves were still 50c in Mahon this morning.

"Keep it Handy" scoops for 35c which are handy for scooping outdog/cat food. Other "Handy" stuff including shower caps for around the same price.

Ms Piggy Fleece blanket at €3.74 or so. Last one in Mahon but may be reduced elsewhere. Lots of the bedding was half price.
    $(KGrHqJ,!lQFGiIzl!wnBRyu+2ZJyQ~~60_35.JPG

Various other things reduced around the place so worth a browse if you have the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭leck

All school supplies now gone from seasonal aisle in my local Tesco. I thought they would be elsewhere in the store and marked down but no sign of them. Do they usually mark that stuff down once kids are back in school?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭CH3OH

leck wrote: »
    All school supplies now gone from seasonal aisle in my local Tesco. I thought they would be elsewhere in the store and marked down but no sign of them. Do they usually mark that stuff down once kids are back in school?

It was similar in Arklow.
    A lot of the stuff in Arklow was moved to the back of the store in an aisle with plenty of CLEARANCE signs, but the prices hadn't been reduced.
    It was a bit like "we're clearing it, but we haven't reduced the price yet"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

There's still a good bit of uniforms left in Clearwater, not marked down but still there.

OT I know, but what's the story with exchanging items without a receipt? I've two cardigans here that my mother in law bought for my daughter and they're two sizes too big... could I exchange them without receipt or would I be better off keeping them up for when she's older?

January wrote: »
    There's still a good bit of uniforms left in Clearwater, not marked down but still there.

OT I know, but what's the story with exchanging items without a receipt? I've two cardigans here that my mother in law bought for my daughter and they're two sizes too big... could I exchange them without receipt or would I be better off keeping them up for when she's older?

My local one will do an exchange without a receipt once you still have the tags on the item. The only thing is you have to take your new item from the "same aisle" as in you can't exchange shoes for beer ;)

Westland Potting Compost 20 litre handy bag.....
    Reduced from 4 euro 50 cents down to a mere 1 euro 24 cents each.

Tesco Clarehall......clearence section down at back of shop.

Might be of some use to some people here reading this thread.

All Tesco stainless steel small garden hand tools reduced to 95 cents each.

Tesco Clarehall.

Picked up a stainless steel weeder,hand trowel,hand fork and patio weed scraper for 95 cents each.:)

Got a dibber for a mere 31 cents too.:D

Tesco Clarehall sure is the spot for the Tesco bargains, always has the most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

I would hold your breath waiting for uniforms to come down. They can be stored and sold at full prices all year long. Same with stationary . Its fairly cheap anyway. Wish I could cloth myself for that price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

:P
    All Tesco stainless steel small garden hand tools reduced to 95 cents each.

Tesco Clarehall.

Picked up a stainless steel weeder,hand trowel,hand fork and patio weed scraper for 95 cents each.:)

Got a dibber for a mere 31 cents too.:D

Are they going to keep your in-case-of-nucelar-holocaust stash of watering cans and gardening tools company in the bunker or is it a case of

270502.jpg

:P:P

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement