Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheap car insurance

Options
  • 13-10-2011 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

what provider is the best value at the moment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

I tried loads and no nonense was cheapest for me by far. In fact fully comp with no nonsense was cheaper than most were quoting for 3rd party, fire & theft.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

Have to say I am with 123.ie and they were nearly €100 cheaper than my old crowd. Plus you can pay over 10 months for an extra €30-40euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭florawest

Hi i am with one direct and they are great, pay over ten months at post office, plus they usually will drop their price a bit, have been with them over 7 years, no reason (no better deal) to change

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

there's no cheap insurer... Whats cheap for one will be out the window rip off for another person..
    Its horrible but grab the phone and start calling.. You will find the best one for yourself!!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭rocksimmo

I found Tesco Car Insurance to be the cheapest by far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 fermeen

I went with no-nonsense.
    Guards pulled me up and they said my car shows up on their system as not insured.
    Had to call them there and then and confirm that it was on speakerphone or they weren't going to let me drive on.
    Got onto them and they said they had me on their system and as far as they were concerned nothing needed to be updated.
    Guards said I could be stopped again !!
    I keep my policy with me in case I get pulled up at night and cant call them.

Due for Renewal again in november and they seem to be the cheapest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

fermeen wrote: »
    I went with no-nonsense.
    Guards pulled me up and they said my car shows up on their system as not insured.
    Had to call them there and then and confirm that it was on speakerphone or they weren't going to let me drive on.
    Got onto them and they said they had me on their system and as far as they were concerned nothing needed to be updated.
    Guards said I could be stopped again !!
    I keep my policy with me in case I get pulled up at night and cant call them.

Due for Renewal again in november and they seem to be the cheapest.

This makes a mockery of the brand name :D (sorry)

just renewed this evening with 123 myself, about 90e cheaper than renewal of existing tesco policy. In my experience shop arond and be prepared to change every year; most firms seem to offer decent deals year 1 only to take a big jump year 2 on the assumption you are too lazy/busy to shop around. I've been insured with RSA for last 4 or 5 years through different companys and this is what i've seen

• Registered Users Posts: 3 PhileasFogg

I have used Aaron Insurance brokers in Harold's Cross for a number of years. Each year at renewal time I shop around on-line but I always end back with Aaron & the quote they provided initially as they can't be beaten. Sometimes I have been able to get them to drop their quote by saying that I have shopped around. They recognise a good customer so always try to do their best to keep me.
    I just checked my renewal quote against what No Nonsense were offering. Initially No Nonsense were competitive but when I added on the extras that I was getting as standard from my current provider (Aviva through Aaron Insurance) their price went through the roof. As someone else said earlier car insurance is a real case of horses for courses. There are so many variables with each quote that you have to shop around. But check out Aaron Insurance, you might be surprised (in a good way I hope!!!)

Advertisement