Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

binatone F430

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

For my money it's a tad on the expensive side ~ you should get a Garmin or Tom Tom for this money with reviews on various forums.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I agree
    Stick with Garmin or TomTom and you won't go far wrong.
    These update maps every few months. Some of the lees popular can be less frequent & sometimes you find map updates stop all together.

You can compare TomTom devices here
    http://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/products/car-navigation/
    You can compare Garmin devices here.
    https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=134&ra=true

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭RodVelvet

Definitely stick with a tom tom or garmin, at least there maps can be updated. I got stuck with a binatone sat nav with old maps I couldn't update. It ended up being an expensive paper weight.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

thanks, she wont need map updates though, it is literally from one end of the motorway to the other end of the motorway that she needs it for.

could anyone recommend a really simple TomTom or Garmin that does nothing fancy for the same amount of money?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Sebo_

irishbird wrote: »
    thanks, she wont need map updates though, it is literally from one end of the motorway to the other end of the motorway that she needs it for.

could anyone recommend a really simple TomTom or Garmin that does nothing fancy for the same amount of money?

she probably needs bigger screen as 4,3 inch...
    pick up any Garmin with letter W in the end of model name : 205W, 250W or let say TomTOm XL , TomTom XXL, TomTOm Go730 , 930...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

irishbird wrote: »

With a TomTom you will get the latest map guarantee anyway. It means regardless of the map thats on it when you get it you will get once of update to the latest map.

Advertisement