Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mr binman bad news

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

Our 2nd collection didn't happen today, my husband phoned and was told that the truck had broken down.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

What does it mean for customers if they go bust?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

They're finishing up down here in two weeks. I presume we are just lucky it didn't happen earlier on in the year and we got some moneys worth

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

seanybiker wrote: »
    They're finishing up down here in two weeks. I presume we are just lucky it didn't happen earlier on in the year and we got some moneys worth

Where ya hear that?

Sully wrote: »
    Where ya hear that?

Off the mother lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

We've paid up to March.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

deisemum wrote: »
    Our 2nd collection didn't happen today, my husband phoned and was told that the truck had broken down.
    pure and utter lies on there behalf, guess now the only option in the city is oxegen

deisemum wrote: »
    We've paid up to March.
    you,d wanna ring and ask for a refund

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

pure and utter lies on there behalf, guess now the only option in the city is oxegen

Is wastepal not still going as well in Waterford?

reni10 wrote: »
    Is wastepal not still going as well in Waterford?
    oooh yeah forgot them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

greenstar is still going I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

They have gone in to examiner ship, so they will continue to trade for at least one hundred days, there can be no repossessions or other movements by creditors as they are under the protection of the courts.

wellboytoo wrote: »
    They have gone in to examiner ship, so they will continue to trade for at least one hundred days, there can be no repossessions or other movements by creditors as they are under the protection of the courts.
    unless one of the lads at work was seeing things then i guess the courts are right!!!!!

jayboi wrote: »
    Ah that's the bins I seen earlier. Couldn't think of there name.
    Poor Tramore bin is gonna be traumatised.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭savic04

Im paid up on direct debit per month until april, so I guess we wont be charged if anything goes wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭tagoona

savic04 wrote: »
    Im paid up on direct debit per month until april, so I guess we wont be charged if anything goes wrong

I wouldn't bank on that if I were you. Firstly be sure of what is happening, and of course, pay for the service you are provided, but at the first inkling, I would be cancelling direct debits

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭savic04

They agreed a monthly payment so they cant take more then agreed.. so if they go bust, I will at worst lose a months payments .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Go with greenstar, they text you the night before to remind you which bin to put out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

jayboi wrote: »

we've got the pay the year up front deal with them and it's been excellent including the text to remind me each week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

Wastepal text you the night before too

I changed from mr binman a good while back, I find the wastepal lads extremely tidy....the bins are always put back in the drive exactly where I leave it.... most times I have to check to make sure its emptied because they put it back exactly where it was

if your changing get a friend that uses wastpal to "refer" you... you get e25 credited to both your accounts and if you sign up online you get another e5

basically your getting a free month collections

Just something to keep in mind if anything happens mr binman

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Sully wrote: »
    What does it mean for customers if they go bust?

Money gone !!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,582 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Mr.Binman are the only crowd that come down our road, before they came to Waterford we had no collection :mad: only pay monthly so wont be losing out if there gone but the hassle of getting rid of big black sacks again is a pain :( do they still take bags with tags at the dump??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Typhoon. wrote: »
    Wastepal text you the night before too

I changed from mr binman a good while back, I find the wastepal lads extremely tidy....the bins are always put back in the drive exactly where I leave it.... most times I have to check to make sure its emptied because they put it back exactly where it was

if your changing get a friend that uses wastpal to "refer" you... you get e25 credited to both your accounts and if you sign up online you get another e5

basically your getting a free month collections

Just something to keep in mind if anything happens mr binman

I find wastepal good too, Moved to them from Mr binman, and yep I find we have to check if they have been taken too because they are very tidy.

They didn't collect the bin one day last month, we didn't mind because it wasn't even full but they didn't charge us the full amount this month (we didn't even ring them,they just credited us!) But other than that occasion they are like clockwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Smiley Burnett

it's at times like this that im glad i am availing of the wonderful guaranteed service provided by waterford co council.
    quality service providing quality employment!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,582 ✭✭✭Speak Now

it's at times like this that im glad i am availing of the wonderful guaranteed service provided by waterford co council.
    quality service providing quality employment!!

Pity they wont suppy this quality service to the whole county :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I'm only paid up to the end of last month. Lucky I only pay it month by month because, if they do go to the wall, you'll have a very hard time getting a penny out of them as a customer.

I'm assuming they'll keep operating anyway in the meantime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭roco71

Mr.Binman are the only crowd that come down our road, before they came to Waterford we had no collection :mad: only pay monthly so wont be losing out if there gone but the hassle of getting rid of big black sacks again is a pain :( do they still take bags with tags at the dump??

@ Jerry, if you don't mind me asking ....where are you living that Mr Binman is the only operator that comes down you road?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

an examiner was appointed to mr binman, there was a low loader in there carrick depot repossessing there leased trucks this morning!!!

www.rte.ie/news/2011/1012/mrbinman-business.html

I heard they lost gobs of money collecting at all them ghost estates....ah shure God help em

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

Were they the lads that hired the foreigners and slashed the locals pay a few yes back?
    If so,sympathy 's limited!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

There will be a riot down my way - most of the street seem to be with Mr Binman. What's the story? They don't seem to lack customers (see first sentence)

Advertisement