Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mr binman bad news

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

To be fair we only had the black bin out today and they collected it around 8.30 tonight so maybe a truck did break down!
    No idea what's happening with the examinership tho.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

Mr Binman did the 2nd collection this evening at around 10.15pm. Working late.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Creamsoda

Just paid for six months last week. Raging if this is true!!! Grrrrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 8,582 ✭✭✭Speak Now

roco71 wrote: »
    @ Jerry, if you don't mind me asking ....where are you living that Mr Binman is the only operator that comes down you road?

Grantstown..(back road)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SillyMcCarthy

No bins collected as of yet.
    Rumours must be true that he's gone!
    I'm wondering was it the free loaders that brought him down?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Mr Binman truck spotted in Ballybricken area half an hour ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭sonyvision

for the average householder it means nothing, examinership is a person placed into a company to look at the affairs and it places the company in a position that they cant be sued for a period of 80 days to discover if it is proffitable

comes from law :)

Usually would have had the bins collected at this stage
    but there still standing outside the house. :mad:

they should be collected :rolleyes:

Should is not a definite SV but I'll keep ye posted!

• Advertisement

haven an examiner appointed does not mean they are bust, just means some body is looking into the company:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

They just collected in greenfields anyway!

Collected in my area too :)

see told ya people nothing to be worried about :D

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Smiley Burnett

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/0710/1224250387532.html

READ THIS. (and some of ye have the cheek to go on about keeping jobs in waterford etc!!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

collected in the cleaboy area too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Just as well everyone decided to go for the "efficiency" of the private sector over the city council's service... Seems like they were a little *too* efficient in their attempts to undercut the council.

Mark my words, the whole country will have their waste collected by 2 or 3 large waste collection companies within a few years. Rates will go up and up, service will go to the dogs, councils won't be able to do a thing, and the government will tell us all to "shop around".

Waste is an output of life and work and is not optional. It should be provided by the state is one way, shape or form.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

merlante wrote: »
    Just as well everyone decided to go for the "efficiency" of the private sector over the city council's service... Seems like they were a little *too* efficient in their attempts to undercut the council.

Mark my words, the whole country will have their waste collected by 2 or 3 large waste collection companies within a few years. Rates will go up and up, service will go to the dogs, councils won't be able to do a thing, and the government will tell us all to "shop around".

Waste is an output of life and work and is not optional. It should be provided by the state is one way, shape or form.

There's nothing wrong with privatisation in principle, but it's clearly economic nonsense to have multiple operators competing at the individual property level, particularly in rural areas. Waterford City and environs should be split into, say, six areas and tenders invited for a one year contract to collect from all properties within that area with a regulator keeping an eye on prices and service levels.

While we're on the topic having a valid waste disposal contract should be a legal obligation on all householders and landlords to (at least partially) disincentivise dumping.

SSE

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/0710/1224250387532.html

READ THIS. (and some of ye have the cheek to go on about keeping jobs in waterford etc!!!)

Boy that was some slap in the face....he should hire travelers!

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭THall04

While we're on the topic having a valid waste disposal contract should be a legal obligation on all householders and landlords to (at least partially) disincentivise dumping.

SSE
    I wish that were true.
    A house at the back of mine in Templars Hall has a stockpile of full binbags outside the back door , steadily growing in size over the past five weeks.There's 3 wheelie bins at the back of the garden....don't think they've moved so far this year.
    Will have to contact the litter warden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Premier

Does anyone know if the rumour is correct about Mr Binman? waterford is suffering enough from lack of jobs it wouldnt be nice to see another firm go under.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Premier

marlin vs wrote: »

Ahh I see wot ye mean there ,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Mod Note / Clarification

Alright folks, I spoke with Mr Binman today in relation to allegations that they are shutting up shop here in Waterford. This will address the rumour people are concerned about.
    I can ensure you its untrue, the company is in Examinership which will not affect our customers in any way. Collections will be continuing as normal and we will certainly not be closing down in Waterford. Its business as usual for us!

Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Sully wrote: »
    Mod Note / Clarification

Alright folks, I spoke with Mr Binman today in relation to allegations that they are shutting up shop here in Waterford. This will address the rumour people are concerned about.

Hope that helps.
    good man. So it turns out the rumours where all rubbish :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

"infuriated members of SIPTU" that battle is going on a long while and siptu are still smarting from several drubbings by Mr Binman, there will be no tears flowing out under the door of Connolly Hall I bet if they go under.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

all i say is watch this space folks and that ye saw it here first!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭roco71

Sully wrote: »
    Mod Note / Clarification

Hope that helps.

Of course they are going to say that, do you honestly think they are going to release a statement saying "Yes we are about to go under".

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

roco71 wrote: »
    Of course they are going to say that, do you honestly think they are going to release a statement saying "Yes we are about to go under".

Yes.

Advertisement