Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mr binman bad news

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭roco71

Sorry Sully but I have to disagree, there is no way any business in going to admit that they are about to go the wall especially when they are taking money in from the general public. While they keep telling the public that everything is as normal people will keep paying.

The bins in our area were not collected for 3 days, this is not their normal service but to be fair they had a bad week so it will be in the next week or 2 before we see how normal things are.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

roco71 wrote: »
    Sorry Sully but I have to disagree, there is no way any business in going to admit that they are about to go the wall especially when they are taking money in from the general public. While they keep telling the public that everything is as normal people will keep paying.

The bins in our area were not collected for 3 days, this is not their normal service but to be fair they had a bad week so it will be in the next week or 2 before we see how normal things are.

Mr Binman would NEVER lie! No business would lie.

Geez Roco, these are honest people working to provide us honest, kind and nice people a service. If I asked them straight out a question, of course they would never lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Are they gone yet! Are they gone yet! Are they gone yet! It's worse than Templer's Hall! with the shouting in Binman language,then it's probably me, maybe they are just shouting to let me know that they are VERY HAPPY yes VERY HAPPY racing around in their Lorries.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Sully wrote: »
    Mr Binman would NEVER lie! No business would lie.

Geez Roco, these are honest people working to provide us honest, kind and nice people a service. If I asked them straight out a question, of course they would never lie.

Is this sarcasm yeah? Because obviously a business would lie if it suited them. Everyone lies all the time!

In this case, they don't have any plans to shut up shop anywhere. A business will want to keep operating as, while operating, they have some hope of getting themselves right. I personally think Mr. Binman might well be ok. One of the articles posted mentioned that they'd obtained a letter from someone who's willing to buy some equity in the company. This would ease the cash flow issues they have so they might come out of examinership intact. Either way, they'll continue to operate as normal in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭pmsurveys

I switched to aes a while ago. Don't know if they are in Waterford though. 4 bin service including glass and they text you for collections etc. They are also owned by Bord Na Mona so less of a chance of your bin not been collected. Had choice of flat fee or pay by lift. They haven't missed a collection yet and they were cheaper than binman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭DaveJac

if they do go, will probably be open under a different name the next day wouldnt be the first time the owner did it, on there web site advertising coming to cork soon too you would wonder

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Paid 3 months earlier in the week with this crowd,
    Should they have to inform you about being in receivership ?

As they are protected by the courts for 90 days then you should be ok for the 3 months that you have paid for but tread carefully after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Is this sarcasm yeah? Because obviously a business would lie if it suited them. Everyone lies all the time!

I have never told a lie!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

They are not in receivership, they are in examinership because a bank withdrew.

This is the stage where Mr Binman comes up with an idea to keep the company floating, and the High Court either says Yay or Nay. So Mr Binman must come up with a plan that the high court can see as a way of survival.

Receivership is appointed to try keep the company a float and is a last resort before liquidation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭next

Mr Binman has his trucks going down the Mall at moment horns blaring with signs saying " we'r going nowhere " or something close to that

Premier wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the rumour is correct about Mr Binman? waterford is suffering enough from lack of jobs it wouldnt be nice to see another firm go under.

Yes Waterford is really suffering from lack of jobs at present but does Mr Binman actually employ anyone in Waterford City?

next wrote: »
    Mr Binman has his trucks going down the Mall at moment horns blaring with signs saying " we'r going nowhere " or something close to that

Blaring horns down the mall could be considered being a public nuisance and only time will tell where he goes

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Premier

Yes Waterford is really suffering from lack of jobs at present but does Mr Binman actually employ anyone in Waterford City?

TBH i dont really know but i would imagine they do.irish or foreign?

Well, I wonder does anyone know the answer to that little ditty? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

Union or non-union?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

lads the nearest binman depot is carrick on suir so chances are it either tipp natives or foreigners workin and not actuall local waterford folk

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

lads the nearest binman depot is carrick on suir so chances are it either tipp natives or foreigners workin and not actuall local waterford folk

Well half of Carrick is in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Up2NoGood

They collected in waterford city this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,582 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Took my monthly direct debit today, expect they'll collect as normal tomorrow.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 8,582 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Collected as normal yesterday! The above article doesn't read well :(

you have to feel sorry for the employees and the small business owners who are owed money and are going to be the ones most affected. Fingers crossed it won't have a bad ending for them.

you have to feel sorry for the employees and the small business owners who are owed money and are going to be the ones most affected. Fingers crossed it won't have a bad ending for them.

Do you know something we don't!? Also, to be fair to everyone, you should come clean about who you work for as your posting is a bit biased !

• Registered Users Posts: 10 kerry365

Looking like Bank of Scotland want to put them into receivership so there will be no 100 days and no protection. Not looking good for the company and all the employees. More job losses... http://www.wlrfm.com/news-and-sport/waterford-news/132462.html

Mr Binman criticised by Revenue in Court - local WLR FM Waterford
    Revenue officials have critisized Mr Binman, claiming the waste management company racked up a one point eight million euro bill after using tax money to shore up cash flow.The Irish Independent reports that the claims are made in affidavits lodged with the courts in light of Mr Binman's petition for examinership protection that would give the company 100 days to get new investment and restructure its debts.The company's largest creditor, Bank of Scotland which is owed fifty million euro is opposing the examinership and instead wants to appoint a receiver to take control of the company.In affidavits, officials from the revenue told how Mr Binman built up €1.8m debt after reducing monthly direct debit payments and failing to stick to agreed repayment schedules.The case is due before the courts again tomorrow.

Not sure if they can appoint a receiver during the 100 days. They were granted examinership and only if that fails (after 100 days) a receiver can be appointed.

That's my understanding of it anywho

Interesting....Thank for clarifying that matter..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

One of the lads I know from faugheen works for them so there's one Irish anyways lol

• Advertisement

Sully wrote: »
    Do you know something we don't!? Also, to be fair to everyone, you should come clean about who you work for as your posting is a bit biased !

Just engaging in healthy debate. Looking at the posts below mine they don't seem any different to mine in nature so why would you make such an assumption?

Advertisement