Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mr binman bad news

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭roco71

Sully wrote: »
    Not sure if they can appoint a receiver during the 100 days. They were granted examinership and only if that fails (after 100 days) a receiver can be appointed.

That's my understanding of it anywho

Is there a difference in "Interim Examinership" and "Full Examinership" Just asking cos I don't know

• Registered Users Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭flutered

folks strool over to the limerick city fourm and have a decco at the mr binman thread after all he is from limerick county.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Yes.

TalkTalk said multiple times that they weren't going to close down the waterford site, we all know how that worked out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

roco71 wrote: »
    Is there a difference in "Interim Examinership" and "Full Examinership" Just asking cos I don't know

Interim is whilst you are petitioning the courts for protection, and full is when the court grants it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Just engaging in healthy debate. Looking at the posts below mine they don't seem any different to mine in nature so why would you make such an assumption?

Sure, but if I am not mistaken you work for their competitor. Just seems fair to be open about it, so everybody knows. :)
    TalkTalk said multiple times that they weren't going to close down the waterford site, we all know how that worked out.

I was joking earlier!! :)

• Advertisement

Sure, but if I am not mistaken you work for their competitor. Just seems fair to be open about it, so everybody knows. :)

Have I said something that in some way promotes the company that I work for?

I don't think I did anything wrong in relaying what is already knowledge that is in the public domain?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Have I said something that in some way promotes the company that I work for?

I don't think I did anything wrong in relaying what is already knowledge that is in the public domain?

TBF if you look at the nightlife thread we ask the same thing that anybody involved in competition just say who they are with. I think it's a good policy across the board to have.

ziedth wrote: »

TBF if you look at the nightlife thread we ask the same thing that anybody involved in competition just say who they are with. I think it's a good policy across the board to have.

Lads I have no issue with that. Seems fair enough. But I never mentioned (ever on boards) where I work, I dont as far as I am aware know Sully and I have never told Sully who I work for so I am a bit lost as to how he might know where I work.

Just for the record I work for Oxigen, I have nothing to hide there. I am interested in this debate as we may pick up some business out of the situation which strengthens our jobs, nothing wrong with that in my opinion!

Nothing wrong with that at all it is the nature of the economy, thank you for being up front. Welcome to the forum :)

I am actually here since Oct 2010 so not just on the bandwagon on this one but thanks for the welcome. :)

• Advertisement

Lads I have no issue with that. Seems fair enough. But I never mentioned (ever on boards) where I work, I dont as far as I am aware know Sully and I have never told Sully who I work for so I am a bit lost as to how he might know where I work.

To be fair to Sully, I have it figured out, I know one of the other moderators personally so obviously that is how the connection has been made. No worries. :)

I am actually here since Oct 2010 so not just on the bandwagon on this one but thanks for the welcome. :)

Sorry, i'm on the MOB site and I didn't recognise your username so I assumed you were a sign up. Still, welcome to my radar :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Sorry, i'm on the MOB site and I didn't recognise your username so I assumed you were a sign up. Still, welcome to my radar :)
    The mob have their own site? Kewl.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭Bards

from what I understand, and by reading between the lines, they had to go into examinership as their main Bank RBS is pulling out of Ireland, and hence is no longer providing them with day-to-day funds I.E Cashflow.

so it is more than likely they will secure credit from another financial institution/investor to provide them with the necessary cashflow, and come out of examinership still intact as the business is profitable

• Registered Users Posts: 8,582 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Bards wrote: »
    from what I understand, and by reading between the lines, they had to go into examinership as their main Bank RBS is pulling out of Ireland, and hence is no longer providing them with day-to-day funds I.E Cashflow.

so it is more than likely they will secure credit from another financial institution/investor to provide them with the necessary cashflow, and come out of examinership still intact as the business is profitable

I dont think it's that simple, aren't revenue after them big style?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭Bards

I dont think it's that simple, aren't revenue after them big style?

once they gain Court Protection (Full Examinership) from Creditors, Revenue like all other Creditors cannot force them to pay until Court protection runs out, hence why they are trying to get as much as possible before this happens.

This is my understanding of the procedure, and why revenue are hassling their larger customers also

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mrsnib

From what I gather from the indo and such papers on this, Binman owe Bank Of Scotland €50 million and the revenue €1.8m. If the BoS dispute the examinership as the biggest creditor, it more then likely won't be approved by the court. that hearing was ment to be Tuesday was postproned until today so will find out prob tomorrow what will happen. If the examinership is not granted this would spell trouble for them as they would go straight into receivership. I wouldn't pay any company I was with if they were in examinership or receivership.

No comment ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Wow looks like I moved to Greenstar at just the right time! I got sick of unexplained and unexpected price increases, partial or no bin collections, months and months (literally 3 months) of trying to get recycling bags off them and bad attitudes from customer service agents in their call centre.

Moved to Greenstar about 5 or 6 weeks ago, flawless record so far, sick to death of Mr.Binman so I'd be happy to see em gone if it wasn't for the jobs lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SillyMcCarthy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭audi a4 2008

it seems to be all over,mr binman is not appealing the decision.
    its a pity i found them a good service:mad:
    at leat workers will be paid friday
    subcontractors may suffer i hope not

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

..Brian.. wrote: »
    Wow looks like I moved to Greenstar at just the right time! I got sick of unexplained and unexpected price increases, partial or no bin collections, months and months (literally 3 months) of trying to get recycling bags off them and bad attitudes from customer service agents in their call centre.

Moved to Greenstar about 5 or 6 weeks ago, flawless record so far, sick to death of Mr.Binman so I'd be happy to see em gone if it wasn't for the jobs lost.

Crap, I found the service grand but my entire street has no recycling bags, I had to call out to a friend over town to get some.

Think I'm going to try the bigbin thing in the service station, we never have more than 1 bag per week anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Not good I only paid 6 months with them the week before they went into examinership :eek: I'm on a bit of a bin watch again this morning, haven't spotted any of the lorries collecting yet. Anyone have their bins picked up today?

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Not good I only paid 6 months with them the week before they went into examinership :eek: I'm on a bit of a bin watch again this morning, haven't spotted any of the lorries collecting yet. Anyone have their bins picked up today?

Mine were collected yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Crap, I found the service grand but my entire street has no recycling bags, I had to call out to a friend over town to get some.

Think I'm going to try the bigbin thing in the service station, we never have more than 1 bag per week anyway.

Oxigen are doing €20 a month with no upfront payment so I'm going with them.

Rates arent on the website though, had to e-mail them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Think we're going to go with Oxygen too, just a note on the 20 eur per minty tarriff - bins are only collected every two weeks not every week like mr binman.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,582 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Fingers crossed Mr.Binman can hang in there, i think Oxigen are city only :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Partizan

Fingers crossed Mr.Binman can hang in there, i think Oxigen are city only :(

No i wont be keeping my fingers crossed for Mr. Binmen. Tbh I'm delighted they are gone.

Good riddance to a company that exploited their workers and hired scabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Any update on this, where does the land lie for Mr Binman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭henboy

Partizan wrote: »
    No i wont be keeping my fingers crossed for Mr. Binmen. Tbh I'm delighted they are gone.

Good riddance to a company that exploited their workers and hired scabs.

Well said , good riddance is right

Advertisement