Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mr binman bad news

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭deise blue

henboy wrote: »
    Well said , good riddance is right

May I echo that sentiment.

The worst kind of exploitative employer.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Mod Note

roco71; Advertising isn't permitted on Boards unless you have an agreement with the sales team. This includes posting on your or employers business behalf.

Please contact hello@boards.ie.

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭roco71

I am bowing out of this thread now due to the fact that I work for a competitor and I do not want to come across in the wrong light.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Sarahfayess

Looks like Im looking for a new bin company so. Anyone In Tramore use Wiser? Heard good things about them, but still a bit unsure

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I wouldn't be 100% sure the company has gone for good, so don't run away and spending extra money when the current company may survive.

Iv always found the service to be very good anyway. Were the cheapest at the time we signed up anyway with more services.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭niallo76

i Agree with Sully-

Mr.Binman were the cheapest-and we never had a problem with them-with them 3 years and no complaints-

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭audi a4 2008

niallo76 wrote: »
    i Agree with Sully-

Mr.Binman were the cheapest-and we never had a problem with them-with them 3 years and no complaints-

same here good service,was talking to one of the men friday and he told me that mr binman competitors were spreading damageing lies to get hold of there busniess.
    but he said there working away as same and are very busy,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

Mr. Binman staff are working as normal, the receivers are looking to sell the company as a going concern so there should be no break in service for anyone. And it true that a competitor is going around spreading lies about them. A friend of mine had a cold call to her front door from a competitor saying that they are gone into liquidation and that her rubbish wouldn't be collected. Thankfully, she had the sense to check the story out first and ended up getting herself a discount on her service from Mr. Binman!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

nikkibikki wrote: »
    Mr. Binman staff are working as normal, the receivers are looking to sell the company as a going concern so there should be no break in service for anyone. And it true that a competitor is going around spreading lies about them. A friend of mine had a cold call to her front door from a competitor saying that they are gone into liquidation and that her rubbish wouldn't be collected. Thankfully, she had the sense to check the story out first and ended up getting herself a discount on her service from Mr. Binman!

Yeah they said they expect no break in service in the short- to medium-term. Still though, I won't be giving them more than a month's payment in advance at a time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

My guess is that someone will take over from them fairly soon, I'd guess the receivers know that a break in service will result in the loss of customers and any new company taking it over will suffer from this so I'd say it's not even an option!! But yeah, better to be safe than sorry!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Sully wrote: »
    I wouldn't be 100% sure the company has gone for good, so don't run away and spending extra money when the current company may survive.

Iv always found the service to be very good anyway. Were the cheapest at the time we signed up anyway with more services.

Have a connection with Mr Binman?

Personally I think its disgraceful how he ran his business, and I won't loose any sleep if he goes under. I'm only concerned with the workers there, not his cowboy antics.

dayshah wrote: »

Personally I think its disgraceful how he ran his business, and I won't loose any sleep if he goes under. I'm only concerned with the workers there, not his cowboy antics.

Yes, I have a connection. They collect bins belonging to friends and family. That's my connection, like many others.

Cowboy antics or whatever, they provided many with a 100% reliable and friendly service. It was cheap and we got exactly what we paid for, no problems.

For that reason, all I am saying is that its peoples own choice whether or not they wish to rush to a more expensive and/or misleading business who are acting like a pack of vultures. Rumours are a float that they are going down the tube are misleading and service IS running as normal. If people wish to switch for other reasons, fire away.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Yeah they said they expect no break in service in the short- to medium-term. Still though, I won't be giving them more than a month's payment in advance at a time!

Yeah, id be the same only for its paid up till March!

can u tell us more please.
    i allways taught he started from nothing and worked up to being a major player in waste disposal.
    he has over 350 employes all geting there wages never missed.
    for me and this is just my opinion,we irish are great to stab one our own own in the back for setting up a company and makeing money and employing hundreds of people directly and indirectly.we are great at praiseing the yanks and british companys even when they take all there money out of the country:mad:
    also it wasent long ago when directors and a few others tryed to take the company of him all been finaced buy a bigger waste company back in 2007/2008.
    and lets not forget a company is for profit plain and simple.
    and just one more point i think you are mistaken if you think mr binman likes whats happening now.
    no man/woman/family would like to see a company like this go down.

can u tell us more please.
    i allways taught he started from nothing and worked up to being a major player in waste disposal.
    he has over 350 employes all geting there wages never missed.
    for me and this is just my opinion,we irish are great to stab one our own own in the back for setting up a company and makeing money and employing hundreds of people directly and indirectly.we are great at praiseing the yanks and british companys even when they take all there money out of the country:mad:

There are a number of links throughout the thread, but here is just a taster.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/0710/1224250387532.html

Mr Binman did not create a single job. Refuse collection was not some great new innovative idea of his. All that happened is that the jobs moved from local authorities to companies like his.

Likewise if he goes under no net job losses will occur. Other companies will take over his lost business, and will need to hire workers for the extra demand.

I'll be glad to see him gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,582 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Mr.binman came down our road when nobody else would bother because it wasn't built up enough area. Hope they survive as i've never had any issues with the service.

Mr Binman did not create a single job. Refuse collection was not some great new innovative idea of his. All that happened is that the jobs moved from local authorities to companies like his.

Likewise if he goes under no net job losses will occur. Other companies will take over his lost business, and will need to hire workers for the extra demand.

i must admit he said nothing that would upset me there.
    just look at our council workers for starters.
    as i said we irish love complaining about ourselfs.

as for not createing a job ah well if thats what u think no one would change ure mind.
    as for local authorties waste ha ha well the reason there not around anymore simple all the top boys couldent run s--t and pocketed big money for runing it into the ground

Mr.binman came down our road when nobody else would bother because it wasn't built up enough area. Hope they survive as i've never had any issues with the service.

yes youre bang on,he went were noone else would.
    as i said early on the two lads that call to our village are spot on
    and even last friday it was 7 30pm and they would never say a bad word about mr binman late and all it was

Meh, he holds an opinion that a lot of people have. Its unfair to tarnish everybody with the same brush, but since non nationals came to Ireland we have been hearing this from a lot of people who use them for other services whether it be car repairs, painting, or bin collection. He must have some Irish staff because in my dealings with them iv only ever spoken to Irish staff, bar the refuse collectors.

Mr Binman did not take over the local authority service. He was here well before the service was sold to a private company, Oxigen. So yes, if he goes under there WILL be jobs lost. Jobs that people have, Irish or not. They pay their taxes, they support our local economy etc.

They might not be all Irish, but non nationals pay their way in Ireland also so its still a big loss on the jobs front and hits local businesses even harder.

I know I sound like a Mr Binman worker or something, but I have absolutely no other connection bar a customer who is happy (as are family) with their service. I found Oxigen very expensive at the time and didn't offer the same level of service as Binman did - we moved from them to Binman when the council left the business.

They might not be all Irish, but non nationals pay their way in Ireland also so its still a big loss on the jobs front and hits local businesses even harder.

I've no problem with foreign workers. My problem is purely with how Mr. Binman treats his workers, foreign or Irish; and this has been well documented.

Anyway, if he was as efficient as he claims he wouldn't be in the trouble he is now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭letsbet

Yes, I have a connection. They collect bins belonging to friends and family. That's my connection, like many others.

Cowboy antics or whatever, they provided many with a 100% reliable and friendly service. It was cheap and we got exactly what we paid for, no problems.

Sure that's all that matters. Once the customer gets the cheapest price who cares about the ethics of the company. Sure we may as well buy all of our products from companies who use slave labour.

How can you sign people up if Mr. Binman are still operating though? Surely people are in contracts with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

No I pay month by month.

for me this is where you are going wrong
    (1)agressive campaign
    (2)outsourceing door to door

as manager you should have only long term employes going door to door as they will respect the company and the householder,therefore geting out there better feedback and some new business.

also you do know there is malice towards mr binman and please dont tell me you never knew about the dirty tricks being played out at the moment.
    im sure in the meetings that went on with certain waste companies a plan of action was put in place and if i may quote youre words agressive was the name:)

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    No I pay month by month.

I pay month by month with Mr. Binman's silver service but I'm pretty sure I signed up to that for 12 months.

Mod Note

As much as id love other bin service operators to post here, everybody knows the story. Boards is a commercial enterprise and seeks money from businesses who wish to interact here. No way around it, and the final call cant be made with the mods. Its the call by the Community Managers. It drives many of us up the walls because you want to hear and speak with these people, which we understand. But, Boards needs to make money to pay the bills and wages, and cant be giving out free publicity.

roco71 represents Oxigen (not verified officially) and has been asked again to refrain from posting unless he gets the nod from the Community Managers. If we let it slide, we get it in the neck. Anybody who does have questions, im sure he wont mind taking PMs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭Chiparus

I find Mr Binman very good. I found the 21 days between collection to be too long, if you forgot or were away - well hard luck, oh pay a charge and go to the shop to buy a tag. It was hardly customer orientated.

Mr binman comes in , weekly collection, no hassles. Customer service.

I hope they stay on, I dread to go back to the previous service.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

nkay1985 wrote: »
    I pay month by month with Mr. Binman's silver service but I'm pretty sure I signed up to that for 12 months.

You may be right, my sticker says Dec 11, so I must be with them 1 year.

I still dont have any clear bags, the green and black truck didnt have any today, so I'm going to have to leave.

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    You may be right, my sticker says Dec 11, so I must be with them 1 year.

I still dont have any clear bags, the green and black truck didnt have any today, so I'm going to have to leave.

Your supposed to leave a note on the bins during collection. We were given a card but most people seem to just leave a note. Sometimes we were just given clear bags randomly.

Give their customer service a call, seems to be Irish. I spoke with a nice Irish girl there before anyway. Should be able to send you some out when you explain the bin folk didn't have any.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

i never received a yellow card so i normally leave a note on the bin but it's hit and miss.i reckon 50% of the time you get no bags and have to leave another sign out the following week as the lads rip it off every time.

when i rang their call centre, the customer service staff member couldn't carry out the simple task of posting out a few bags to keep us going.

also i've noticed increases to my monthly direct debit without any prior notification which (pardon the pun)stinks.

finally,the information leaflet we received when we first joined mr. binman stated that we must leave our bins out by 7am to ensure collection that day-you could imagine how pissed off i was when 3 weeks in a row the fookers woke me up at 6.20-6.30am when my alarm goes off @6.45am. precious few minutes sleep lost coupled with my bin not being collected(used to leave bins out at 6.50am) were a great start to my day.needless to say i always leave the bins out the night before nowadays.

having said all that, i'd never go back to the council-mr. binman is the best of a bad bunch imo

Advertisement