Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mr binman bad news

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Sully wrote: »
    What's the big deal using the bags they provide? Put it into the bin, fill it, put it in the green bin. The bags are free and they give you more when needed. If its general waste, it can go into the black bin in any bag. Food waste the same.

We don't have a big massive bin in the house to pit the bags they provide into. We use a kind of heavy duty plastic bag we got from Next to put our recycling stuff into. If we then want to put it into our green bin, we've got to move it from one bag to another and then into the bin. Then pull out that half full Mr. Binman bag next time we want to put stuff into the bin. It's a pain in the arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

We found those recycling bags a total pain as well, definitely was a factor in our decision to leave them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

We had oxygen here for a bit. The bins were sitting outside waiting to be collected and they never came. We rang, complained, got attitude so we cancelled them. They said no refunds allowed, you're paid up until the end of may.

And then they came to take back the 3 bins on tuesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

abouttobebanned = abouttobebinned! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

We had oxygen here for a bit. The bins were sitting outside waiting to be collected and they never came. We rang, complained, got attitude so we cancelled them. They said no refunds allowed, you're paid up until the end of may.

And then they came to take back the 3 bins on tuesday.
    if you paid up til end of may then there technically voiding said contract, take em to the small claims court and get your money back, look up the statute book under sales of goods and supply of services act 1980 as this is what your case would come under

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I assume the courts would ignore a claim unless the bins were never collected..

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

i was just about to post a question about mr.binman

our bins go out on a Friday, i put the bins out on Thursday night and they are still outside the door full, none of the neighbours were collected either, they have pulled them back into their gardens

i left them out in case they were behind with it being a bank holiday and i've tried to calll them to see if they are collecting them but the message states they are closed now for the weekend

I am in Johns Park..can anyone shed any light on it for me?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sully wrote: »
    Half of Mr Binman was sold, but the Clonmel chain which includes Waterford is still in Receivership. We got a bill for €125 that covers May - October for three bins (2x 240l and 1x 140l) fortnightly collection. Expensive, and I have no idea if the company will be around or not in a few months.

Wastepal are offering the same service for €219. If we wanted PAYG, its €11.50 per empty for the 240l bin (waste & recycling). Brown bin, 140l, €8 per empty. There seems to be no initial fee but a service charge of €5.75 a month.

Oxigen are looking at €240 for the year, all bins 240l. PAYG is €8 for waste and €4 recycling for €160 a year. Brown Bin is free.

Greenstar are looking at €249 for the year but all three bins are 240l. There offer confuses me. It says every four weeks they do two collections for each bin. It then goes onto say its current service is actually every three weeks but will change to every two weeks in January 12 (so now). PAYG is €1.50 per lift for the recycling bin (240l) and 7.50 for waste (240l) with compost €5.50 (no size given).

I assume there isn't any other players in the market in Waterford?

Just went to pay the bin service and the prices have changed.

Binman remain the same price.

Wastepal are now €280 with a "best price guarantee" that only works if your an existing customer. You have to pay the full price, then tell them Binman is cheaper. They will then credit your account. They didn't seem to think it would work if I signed up now though, as I wasn't an existing customer. Even though I would be when I sign up. Makes no sense this offer, so not worth it and no guarantee they would refund me.

Oxigen - cant locate any prices on the website. Looks good, but you don't seem to be given any pricing. Weird site - just asks you to sign up without pricing.

Greenstar are now looking for €259.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Yeah a friend in work just told me this yesterday. Wastepal told him the government have put up landfill charges so they put their prices up accordingly. Not sure how true that is but i'd personally believe them as they seem like an honest company.

For what it's worth, I'm very happy with their service so far. He was changing from Mr. Binman because of a few missed collections and a lot of requests for recycling bags that were never fulfilled.

Yeah, that's true. The bin company in Dublin did the same and passed the charges onto their customers immediately. Big jump though and they are the most / second expensive provider in Waterford. And that price promise policy is daft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭machu

Are mr binman changeing from weekly to fortnightly for waste collection found a flyer on the ground by the bin that seems to suggest this but no other notification. If this is the case its a pretty poor way of informing there customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Jarjohn

Rang Mr Binman yesterday and there is a collection every week but ordinary bin week 1,3,5 etc and recycling bin alternate week 2,4,6 etc. I was paying €29.50 per month for both collections every week but now €25 for half the service. Greedy cnuts

On the Dunmore Road all three bins were collected at once, every two weeks. So now its one set of bins one week, a break, then the next bin, a break, back to the first etc? Its the reason we joined Binman was because of the timetables were better!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,582 ✭✭✭Speak Now

No more bags either, waiting for them to deliver a new bin for recycling. In fairness i did get a letter in the post notifying me about the change from next week. Almost missed it though as it was on the other side of the remittance advice. Now known as Quality Recycling ltd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Didn't hear anything from Binman, but I don't like the look of this new schedule, might have a look back at this thread and see what the other options are :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but this issue directly relates to the taking over of Mr Binman by QRL.

I have been with Mr Binman since Oxygen took over the county council collection.

I changed bank accounts in May / June.

I gave my new bank the sort code and account number for QRL, the details I have been paying into since I joined.

Got a call in June that the DD wasn't taken, so they sent me another DD form and I paid by bank transfer to the details I had.

These details turned out to be wrong and QRL say they have no access to this account.

So I rang in July, they still hadn't received the letter with my bank details.

I got onto the bank who were really helpful and told me the bank account was for the same branch as the QRL so it was possible that it was the old Mr. Binman account.

I called QRL who said, tough luck, we cant access that money.

This morning the money was returned to my account, I am so relieved, there is no way I could have covered the cost of 2 months collection again.

So, anyone who was a customer of Mr Binman, remember when changing bank accounts that the bank details you would have had may no longer be in service.

After all that, I'm moving to Wastepal, the only thing is noone in my street is with them so I feel guilty for inflicting another bin lorry on my neighbours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

wmpdd3 wrote: »

After all that, I'm moving to Wastepal, the only thing is noone in my street is with them so I feel guilty for inflicting another bin lorry on my neighbours!

Same here, don't feel guilty (except for dragging Wastepal to your door when you've put nothing out for them!)

Oh, yeah, never thought of that, wouldnt mind but you really do hear the bin trucks through the house.

At the moment its QRL and Oxygen, so 4 trucks per week.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Oh, yeah, never thought of that, wouldnt mind but you really do hear the bin trucks through the house.

At the moment its QRL and Oxygen, so 4 trucks per week.

I hope its not my street !! we have 6am sometimes earlierwake up calls(and sometimes earlier) by Qrl and Greenstar every week, which are further compounded in the fact that the street is a cul de sac and the trucks then have to reverse back up. luckily the other collectors seem to to have changed to be later in the mornings.

I just came home to find some man in my front garden couched down between the wheelie bins and my window. Turns out he was scratching off the stickers from the bins.

But odd, I offered to remove the stickers and send them back, two Weeks ago when I called to cancel.

He was gone by the time I parked the car.

Not sad I left them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement