Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charging Customers via Phone

Options
  • 13-10-2011 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

I've had an idea for a new website. I would like to collect payments from users via their phones - via a call or a text message which charges their bill or deducts some of their credit. I'm no stranger to web development but I haven't gone down this route before. I think DoneDeal.ie uses this system.

Have any of you done this before? Could you recommend any company who provides such a service?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

t1mm wrote: »
    I've had an idea for a new website. I would like to collect payments from users via their phones - via a call or a text message which charges their bill or deducts some of their credit. I'm no stranger to web development but I haven't gone down this route before. I think DoneDeal.ie uses this system.

Have any of you done this before? Could you recommend any company who provides such a service?

Thanks!

I have had a bit of working experience with this.

There are a few companies that actually use this service and you'd normally pay a premium, so for example, if the text will cost your customer €3.00, you'll pay X amount of that to the service provider.

From what I understand, to actually register for a 5XXXX number costs a lot of money and what these companies basically offer you is an API or web portal so that you can track who has sent a text to the number. So for example, you could have a few companies using the same number, 51XXX - the 1 as far as I remember indicates the cost of the text message (€1.00) and the code you tell them to text so it would be something like 'MYCOMPOFFER', this in turn will be sent to the service provider and if it matches the code that you have set up on your account, then the money/text info will go to you.

I'll see if I still have the contact details for the people who do this, but give Google a try as it seems to be covered a little bit, take a look at these links as they may also help:

http://www.phonovation.com/index.php/247mobilepayments

http://www.xpresstelecoms.co.uk/

Advertisement