Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

changing gun fca1 or fca2 form??

Options
  • 13-10-2011 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭

I am doing a deal where i am exchanging my gun for another,do i use the fca1 substitution form or the fca2 amendment form?? the othe gun is belonging to a private owner and licenced.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

We really need more details on both guns. The one you hve and the one you want to buy;
    • Are they restricted or unrestricted?
    • Shotgun
    • Rifle
    • 12g
    • 20g
    • Rimfire
    • Centrefire
    • Bolt action
    • Semi Auto
    Also are you swapping guns with this person, or are you trading yours into a dealers that are holding the gun?

As many details about the firearms as possible would be a help.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

Ezridax wrote: »
    We really need more details on both guns. The one you hve and the one you want to buy;
    • Are they restricted or unrestricted?
    • Shotgun
    • Rifle
    • 12g
    • 20g
    • Rimfire
    • Centrefire
    • Bolt action
    • Semi Auto
    Also are you swapping guns with this person, or are you trading yours into a dealers that are holding the gun?

As many details about the firearms as possible would be a help.
    swapping guns thanks both are 12g shotguns non restriced,,

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Okay thats straight forward enough. You only need an FCA1 each. Then fill in the following sections;
    • Section 1 - Tick substitution, and "I have not held a cert............".
    • Section 2 - All of it.
    • Section 2.4 - All of it.
    • Section 3.1 - Input the details of your mates gun here.
    • Section 3.3 - Ignore the dealers bit, and insert your mates license number, name, contact number.
    • Section 3.4 - Input your current firearm details here.
    • Section 3.5 - All of it.
    • Section 4.1 - All of it.
    • Section 4.2 - All of it.
    • Section 4.3 or 5.2 - Depending on whether you are a member of a range (4.3) or gun club (5.2).
    • Section 5.1 - All of it.
    • Sign and date it.
    Include the 2 photos as some stations ask for it and others do not so better to be sure. Also fill in a seperate piece of paper with the extra information as required in sections;
    1. Section 2.1 - If you have ever had a different name or address.
    2. Section 4.2- Reason why you want the gun. Most likely the same as the reason you put down when applying for you current gun.
    Also include a copy of your range membership card or gun club card, and its no harm to have a written note/letter from your mate saying he is selling the gun to you with his name, address, and photcopy of his license (front and back).

Lastly both of you may be required to surrender the firearms into a dealers for a week or two until the substitutions go through. This will be up to your FO, but as your current license remains valid for 14 days after the issuing of the new license (for change of mind, etc) you are technically licensed on both so are not breaking the law retaining your shotgun until the new licenses are gotten.

Your mate simply does the exact same as above inserting your details in the appropriate sections.

Hope that helps.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

great help,thanks for that,,what a load of of old ****e though having to do all that over again,how many photos does the gardai need in fairness,once you are on the system that should be enough.
    god be with the days when your fo would cross off your current details and write in the new ones with station stamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

http://www.epassportphoto.com/

Use this site for your photo's it's class. Get someone to take a picture of you following their guidelines on the site.

When it comes to the section for payment select "No thanks"

Then it allows you to save your pictures as a .jpeg

Go to a kiosk in a pharmacy and print off a copy or 2. Also pharmacies will likely have a special tool for cutting the pictures out. If you ask they'll let you use it.

Regulation passport photos for about 30 cent a set.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

I took a pic for my Neighbour.
    Got him to stand in front of a cream wall I took a pic with my phone.

I then printed it on shiny paper selecting Passport size and gave him the remaining photo's for future reference

All they want is a photo for your file.

Advertisement