Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

filling out forms

Options
  • 13-10-2011 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭

I recieved an insurance form for the school recently and I am a bit confused as to why the insurance company would need such details, such as, childs pps number, other siblings attending the school, nationality & religion. There might be a valid reason for the insurance company to know these details:confused: can anybody point them out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

I filled in one for primary school group insurance but the number of siblings, religion and pps number was not required. If I was faced with that sort of a form I would be asking them why they need it and I would be making sure that they would not be using that Data for anything else or selling it on,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

There are two insurance companies who insure primary schools. The one Sharrow describes sounds like the one we got too. The other one may be different. Is it definitely a form from the insurance company or is it from the school? There's no reason an insurance company would need to know religion/pps or anything else along those lines. Especially not for something you will never need to claim on anyway. All kids health care is free anyway so there is little need for this insurance. And don't fall for the "upgrade to 24 hours insurance for €5" rubbish. You don't need it because there is no private health care for accidents for children in Ireland!

If you want child's accident insurance in school just for peace of mind then try Chill.ie and get it free. No PPS/Religion/etc required. Just fill out the form and don't tick the 24 hour insurance for €3 box.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Sorry, my bad:o

The forms were stapled together and that form is for school details. Insurance form is seperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Orion wrote: »
    There are two insurance companies who insure primary schools. The one Sharrow describes sounds like the one we got too. The other one may be different. Is it definitely a form from the insurance company or is it from the school? There's no reason an insurance company would need to know religion/pps or anything else along those lines. Especially not for something you will never need to claim on anyway. All kids health care is free anyway so there is little need for this insurance. And don't fall for the "upgrade to 24 hours insurance for €5" rubbish. You don't need it because there is no private health care for accidents for children in Ireland!

If you want child's accident insurance in school just for peace of mind then try Chill.ie and get it free. No PPS/Religion/etc required. Just fill out the form and don't tick the 24 hour insurance for €3 box.

I think the 24 hour insurance for €8 is very good value because if your child has an accident outside school hours then the doctor/hospital costs are covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

Orion wrote: »
    Especially not for something you will never need to claim on anyway. All kids health care is free anyway so there is little need for this insurance. And don't fall for the "upgrade to 24 hours insurance for €5" rubbish. You don't need it because there is no private health care for accidents for children in Ireland!.....

free health care in Ireland is not free at all. Visit to A&E (if you can actually find one that is open) is about 100e now I think. daughter fell and broke a front tooth few years ago and it was fully covered by the school insurance scheme, xrays, pins, cap on tooth and a replacement one a year later to make it fit in better with growing teeth. I don't think there is anywhere else in Ireland where we could have had this one covered for 8e a year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement