Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange emails....

• 13-10-2011 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hey apologies if this is the wrong place for this, i just got a series of odd emails and im not sure what to make or do with them. The first i got was from apple
    Dear Raymond Joyce,

You've entered {myemail@gmail.com} as the contact email address for your Apple ID. To complete the process, we just need to verify that this email address belongs to you. Simply click the link below and sign in using your Apple ID and password.

Verify Now >

Wondering why you got this email?
    It's sent when someone adds or changes a contact email address for an Apple ID account. If you didn't do this, don't worry. Your email address cannot be used as a contact address for an Apple ID without your verification.

For more information, see our frequently asked questions.

Thanks,
    Now my name is not Raymond Joyce and i didnt try to add my email address to that account. This email was sent to me 4 times.

I then got an email off google.....

Congratulations on creating your brand new Gmail address,
    myemail.joyce6@gmail.com.
    Please keep this email for your records, as it contains an
    important verification code that you may need should you ever
    encounter problems or forget your password.

You can login to your account at http://mail.google.com/

Enjoy!

The Gmail Team

Verification Code **********

so the new email address was identical to my old except it has .joyce6 added to it.

Part of me wants to log in to it and see whats going on, which i havent done yet but i already had gmail send me a password recovery for it so im really tempted :pac:.

Anyway guys, i appreciate any help you can give me on this :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Discostuy

Someone is trying to set up their account with the new Apple iCloud by the looks of it. They are being told their Apple i.d (which for most people would be their email address) isn't verified and before they can sign in they have to verify it.

This is done via Apple.com, where they would log in using their details and click "Verify Apple ID". The email you have received several times is the email they need to verify their Apple ID in order to set up their iCloud account.

After several tries, they got peed off at not receiving the necessary email and went about setting up a new gmail account which they probably intend to use to set up iCloud.

They are going to be pretty annoyed when they find you have got the details instead haha.

This seems to be a huge problem the last few days as literally millions (myself included) have been having problems trying to set up their iCloud account. Apple seem to be up to their eyes trying to sort this.

Anywho, I reckon its just a case of Apples servers going haywire and Its not something to worry about I don't think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Jonnie.B

Hey thanks for the reply, i just deleted the emails and haven't gotten any more, i also checked the ip history on my gmail and there is no strange ip's signing with my account so im not too worried anymore.

Anyway thanks for your help :)

Advertisement