Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new mp3

• 13-10-2011 8:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

What happened your clip+ maybe it could be fixed ?
    Unless you absolutely wanted a new player ?

Ste- wrote: »
    What happened your clip+ maybe it could be fixed ?
    Unless you absolutely wanted a new player ?

nothing as handy as a clip + or zip for the gym with the in-built clip which removes the need for silly armband thingies. These devices don't last forever - if you get a couple of years out of a clip you are doing ok - that is consumerism for you.... so my advice is get another one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

• Advertisement

Veles wrote: »
    What would make the clip zip better than the clip+

not a lot - has a colour screen is main difference. it's replacing the clip+ which is not as widely available anymore. at the moment zip is not rockboxable afaik. I killed a clip before with rockbox firmware updates - it can happen unfortunately. not really the player's fault is it! it didn't die of natural causes - your tinkering killed it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

oki the pc wont recognise it anymore,i had rockbox on it but deleted it now when i turn it on it says loading firmware file not found,when i connect the usb into it i get a connecting display but thats it,when i use sansa firmware updater it says no device cant be found

Have you tried booting into the normal Sansa firmware? You should be able to do that by holding down the Left d-pad button while powering it on.

So you can boot into the original fw?

• Advertisement

Have you tried putting the .rockbox folder back on?

When booting rockbox you get that message because you removed the .rockbox folder.
    You can get builds of rockbox with USB enabled dogy on Windows but works perfect on linux.
    Here's a quick idea.
    Reinstall rockbox
    Put an original firmware update on an sd card. Put SD card into clip+ and use rockboxes file manager to put the firmware file into the root of the player.
    Then restart the original firmware. It should format the player and remove rockbox and leave you with a usuable player again.
    Failing that check your cables and maybe try another pc make sure it's not the cable/pc you're using that's at fault.

how much would a micro sd card for the clip+ set me back,and should it work?as my clip isnt recognised on my pc at the moment,i tried different computer and still the same issue...
    Also how can i put this firmware on an sd card?

Without a pc it's going to be tricky.
    Sd card depending on teh size you want can go all teh way to 64gb now for just over a ton.
    Can get a 2gb one fairly cheap tho.

Where bouts are you located ?

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42

That help any ?

What happens when you connect your clip to the pc ?
    Can you try a different cable maybe ?

Advertisement