Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part time deferral question

Options
  • 13-10-2011 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭

I finished my second year of my part time course (DT248) just before summer. We were told our exams were around the end of August/start of September. We finally received confirmation of the dates 2 weeks before the test. I couldn't make one of the tests (working full time, not enough notice to get the time off), so I got in touch with our year coordinator and the head of the department and they both said deferring was no problem.

Now I can't register for the next stage of my course as the repeat exams aren't till January.
    Has this happened to anybody else here and did they figure a way to get through?

It just seems a bit unfair to me considering the nature of the course (Night time course with most of the class working full time), exam schedule (no possibility of progressing the same year if you have to repeat) and the short notice for the exams.

Advertisement