Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are UPC Blocking download sites?

• 13-10-2011 9:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26

hey guys just recently ive noticed that my downloads just wont start on filesonic and wupload.. now dont start about i shouldnt be a pirate etc etc, the last 2 days these 2 sites wont start the download.. yet i can download from filserve although the DL speeds are shocking.. anyone shed some light on this maybe?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

i use filesonic on a pretty regular basis to share holiday photos and videos with my friends. no issues here on upc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26 vicount

ok thanks for replying,, seems pretty strange as i could use both sites a few days ago..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

A bigger boy told me Megaupload, fileserve and rapidshare have worked today on upc

A bigger boy told me Megaupload, fileserve and rapidshare have worked today on upc
    those are working ok.. this just get weirder...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Just tested wupload and filesonic with random links, both started okay using jDownloader. does the download fail to start or is it that both sites just fail to load pages?

I have noticed that MU speeds are a bit slow lately, dunno if it's just these specific files though since others are going at regular speeds of 1-2MB/s as a free user or something else.

• Advertisement

Just tested wupload and filesonic with random links, both started okay using jDownloader. does the download fail to start or is it that both sites just fail to load pages?

I have noticed that MU speeds are a bit slow lately, dunno if it's just these specific files though since others are going at regular speeds of 1-2MB/s as a free user or something else.

i get as far as entering the captcha,, but the window thats asks you to save or open file doesnt appear.. and if i go back and try the same link its telling me that i cant download the file as a free user as i already have a file downloading.. didnt have these issues a few days ago..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Well, I use fileserve and IDM (INternet Download Manager) and I have noticed the speeds are pretty bad. I am on UPC 25MB down but rarely get higher than 250KB\sec on fileserve now. However, if I am downloading and I go to Speedtest.net and run a speedtest, my download speed increases! Which leads me to think there might be some throttling going on by UPC, am I right on that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

I just searched the forum and found an old posting saying to change your download port from 80 to 800, anyone tried this successfully?

Are the slow speeds only on wireless, or on a hardline connection, as the Cisco router is terrible, to say the least. I'll have a whirl on Fileserve, RS and MU when I get home this evening and report back! ;)

guys i just tried filesonic just now and the download has started.. i really dont know what was going on,, and its a wireless connection..

• Advertisement

UPDATE:

I've just tried Fileserve and wasn't getting more than 250 kb/s per file, regardless of how many I was running, switches to Rapidsharre links and the speed has shot of a few Mb/s. Clearly a fileserve thing.

Advertisement