Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

expected cost to nueter a dog?

• 13-10-2011 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Just wondering if there is a "ball" park figure for a vet to nueter a 9 month old male dog?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭William Powell

The biggest cost is the anesthetic and the amount they use depends on the weight of the dog. At 6month old ours weighed in at 40kgs and just cost us 140euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭boxerly

Deffo depends on what size and weight of dog you have and also which anesthetic aswell as the area :)I got my boxer neautered last month he was 8 months old and it cost 200 euro.My vet uses the gas anesthetic which I was happier about so didnt mind too much xx

• Registered Users Posts: 32 rayjen2k

cheers guys:)
    My dog is a 9 month old boxer, so I expect that the prices will be similar to ye.
    Thanks again

ahh another boxer :)any pics :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 rayjen2k

couldn't find any recent pics. here he is last march 01032011102.jpg
    Gotta love them :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭William Powell

rayjen2k wrote: »
    cheers guys:)
    My dog is a 9 month old boxer, so I expect that the prices will be similar to ye.
    Thanks again

If you are on benefits it might be worth asking your vet if they do any work under the PDSA neutering scheme then its 38euro but they do a very limited number at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

If you are on benefits it might be worth asking your vet if they do any work under the PDSA neutering scheme then its 38euro but they do a very limited number at that price.

I was talking to my friend who is a vet, she was saying they only get a limitied number of tickets or vouchers from the government to do these in January and they are supposed to last the year, however her surgery is out of them already, its based on first come first served apparently!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Got my dog done recently on a Dogs Trust voucher, try the smaller practices they will usually have some left.

rayjen2k wrote: »
    couldn't find any recent pics. here he is last march 01032011102.jpg
    Gotta love them :)
    Ahhh he is so cute and I bet ALOT bigger now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Redsquigy

Got my little jack russell cross bitch neutered today with, I think, last Dogs Trust voucher in Dublin. This cost me €20. I was quoted €150 by my own vet (she weighed 6kgs) but as I am on Unemployment Assistance he suggested ringing around various vets to see if anybody had a Dogs Trust Voucher. In the end couldn't find one and rang Dogs Trust who told me where there was one left. The vet who did the op told me they got a letter last Friday from Dogs Trust to say they are not doing any more vouchers after 31 Oct as they have no funds. Usually they are given out in Jan. This is indeed a terrible outlook now for yet more unwanted dogs and puppies. Oh got her microchipped too for €35 - a bit of a discount as well. Poor little girl is totally out of sorts now but I keep telling myself (and her) it is for her own good!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 deelucan

<snip>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

deelucan wrote: »
    <snip>

<snip>

Please don't use someone else's social welfare status to get it for €20. Dogs trust fund the difference and they are a charity. The vets aren't doing this, they still get the same amount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I'll ask that we have no more suggestions on how to defraud a charity. The neutering vouchers are for those that are on social / other reasons and not to be abused. There are only so many allotted per year afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

<snip>

Cross posted with SP.

Advertisement