Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Pound Video - *warning upsetting viewing*

• 13-10-2011 10:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭

http://youtu.be/7H-hdTGr6z8
    Hello all,

This is a video I was made aware of by one of my tutors in college, it is about Dog Pounds in Ireland and what happens in them. It was made by some college students so it's nice to support them but I think it is a great video for getting the word out about the current situation we are dealing with in Ireland, which apparently a lot of people don't know about. After watching it (and tearing up) I made me want to do something so I am just going to try and get the word out to as many people as possible that if you are thinking of getting a dog, consider going to pound, you will be saving the life of your new best friend.

WARNING, obviously this is a tough subject, so some people might find the video hard to watch.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭ashblag

oh jesus, that was so tough to watch crying rivers. Just heartbreaking.

Don't get a dog if you cant be bothered to look after it.

I just want to wake my fellas up now and give them a cuddle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

ashblag wrote: »
    oh jesus, that was so tough to watch crying rivers. Just heartbreaking.

Don't get a dog if you cant be bothered to look after it.

I just want to wake my fellas up now and give them a cuddle

I know it really hits home doesn't it, if more people saw this then maybe they wouldn't be so quick to dump their dog and make the whole thing someone else's problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Bubs99

I thought I was prepared but when I saw the shots of the dead dogs in the bins, I burst out crying!

I also did an animal welfare course and support all dog/animal charities.

My boyfriend and I have been waiting years to find a house so we can adopt a dog, we recently moved in to the most perfect place for one, has a garden, right beside a big field and lake and litterally across the road from a 4 mile beach! What more could they want?

Ive been looking into getting a dog for 2 months now and I have all the contacts etc. Last week when I brought my Dads dog to the vet we saw loads of homeless kittens and adopted one of them. Couldn't resist!

So, after seeing the video, Im going to rescue a dog also FOR DEFINATE!!!

My boyfriend wont watch that video though so fingers crossed he agrees we get a dog soon. It may cost us a bit but I honestly dont care!

The grey and white scruffy dog in the video...I wanted him! And Im sooo glad Luna was rescued in time. I was roaring crying.

Advertisement